“Home away from home”

Travelodge Peoria Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I frequently stay at the Grand Hotel in Peoria. From the minute you walk in the front door, the friendly staff do everything they can to make you feel at home. The atrium is beautifully decorated with lots of foliage and that inviting indoor pool. The rooms are clean and they are constantly making improvements on the decor. Everyone from the front desk staff to housekeepers to maintenance to the bartender and even management always take time to say hello and make you feel welcome. Overall, it's just an awesome place to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel has both smoking and pet friendly rooms. Interior rooms tend to be warmer in the winter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whiskey2050
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Peoria Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have been to The Grand Hotel & Conference Center Peoria several times for quite a few years off and on and it has "always" been a very awesome and great experience! I cannot even begin to say how much I value the owner, assistant manager, as well as all other staff at the front desk, the young lady in the restaurant, the restaurant in-kitchen staff, the maintainance staff, and housekeeping staff and everyone else at The Grand Hotel for their constant attention of thougthfulness, caring, and genuine interest in me and for all their many other guests that stay here at The Grand Hotel. Some of the staff, at the front desk are no longer here but when they were here they were excellent employees as well as the current staff that work here are excellent employees! The Grand Hotel tries to meet all of your requests and honor your privacy which means especially a lot to me I have stayed here off and on for a long time. The staff at The Grand Hotel seem to always have time to speak with you for whatever reason which is so greatly appreciated especially by me. The Grand Hotel is "pet friendly" "as well" "which" "is" "so very important" "as" "your" "pets" "are" "members" "of" "your" "family" and "are" "treated" that way at The Grand Hotel!
If you would like to stay at a caring, lovely, great place, with great staff, please stay at The Grand Hotel-you will be happy you chose The Grand Hotel.

Room Tip: Feel free to ask the staff what you wish about what room type you would prefer. If you have a lovel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 320Kathy
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have never stayed in such a disgusting place. I dont know what was worse, the blood stained mattresses, the POOP on the walls, the pubic hair all over the bathroom, the brown water coming out of the facet, the green and black MOLD stains on the ceiling, the parts of the ceiling falling down, or the left overs of a drunken party in the lobby the next day. On top of that 3 kids vomited in the pool and 2 pooped in the pool and no one bothered to do a thing. The rooms were ICE cold and took 2 hours to warm up to where you werent shivering, the staff was rude and made it very obvious they could care less.
My next step is the Health Department!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in your car
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank jenny0811
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place was disgustingly filthy. The carpet was rumpled and filthy throughout the hotel and was likely installed in the 70s. The air conditioner leaked, so the carpet in 1/3 of our room was soaked. We took a peak at the breakfast buffet, but the grey eggs and soggy toast did not look appealing, so we skipped it. It was doubtful we would have eaten in such a filthy environment, no matter what the breakfast looked like. I have never seen a hotel so filthy in my life. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The only positive thing I can say is the clerk at the check-in desk was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fabmommy
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here 1/10/14. For the price, this hotel was ok. When I made my reservation I was redirected to a page that said I could upgrade to an executive suite for $25 more if one was available. Upon arrival I asked about my upgrade and was told they had none available. A minute later he said that we had the hotel pretty much to ourselves because they had a lot of cancellations. I said, "so if we have the place to ourselves, how come there are no executive suites available?" He told me they were being remodeled. I didn't press the issue but it nagged at me all night. The next morning I went online to see if I was able to book an executive suite.....yep, I sure could!! I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk, who was very nice, and she was very apologetic, confirming that I was indeed lied to and that there were executive suites available when I checked in. I DO NOT LIKE BEING LIED TO!! On the plus side, the room was clean, breakfast good, restaurant good, and they are very pet friendly. I might stay here again, but the fact I was lied to really disturbs me.
PS. If I owned this hotel I would make my selling point of this hotel be the pet friendliness. I would convert the atrium into an indoor dog/pet park and cater the rooms to pet owners (rooms that have kitty condos and stairs for the beds). The pool could be used for pets and their owners. This hotel would stand out in Peoria!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Wilbertfamily
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I just wanted to let other know that this hotel is a fun place for a family get-to-gether. We have been coming here over Christmas break for the past several years and this hotel has been the perfect place. We get pool side rooms and the kids swim and we sit around and enjoy each other's company. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The rooms are old, because it is an old hotel, but they are clean and are functional. They have a very good breakfast, usually consisting of eggs or egg casserole, sausage, cereal, donuts, muffins, danish, toast, and English muffins. They have 3 kinds of juice and milk and coffee. It is really delicious. They also have a bar and restaurant if you want supper at the hotel, but it is located in a really good locale. There are several restaurants less than a mile away and some of them deliver. There is a nice mall across the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel was easy to find- lots of parking and front staff was friendly. The room was spacious esp with 2 dogs and was clean. Lots of places to walk the dogs and lots of dining close by. The hot breakfast was nice!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo