Travelodge Peoria Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
West Bay, Grand Cayman
“Good value”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in the winter and now I stay here every time I'm in Peoria. Large rooms, hot eggs and sausage for breakfast, very large indoor garden and an indoor pool. doesn't seem to be very many people staying probably due to the bad reviews in the past but I have yet to (in the half dozen times I stayed here) get a bad room or have a bad experience. And there is a sauna.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank daenergymon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lacon
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My children were told they were too loud and the lady at the front desk threatened to cal the cops on us. dont waste your time at the gross dump. The pool is sickening and the people are discusting. NEVER AGAIN! Ew!

1 Thank Nicolepeters

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Lacon
Reviewed 27 July 2014

When we got there we went swimming, then went back to our room and went back down to the lobby a few times and got yelled at for getting money and a lady that yelled at us kept rolling her eyes at us and she was just rude all night! But it wasn't over yet, she threatened to call the cops on us for getting a soda from the vending machine in our hallway! That lady is so rude! I would hate to run into her again!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After reading the reviews of previous guest, which were terrible. I decided to contact the hotel to see what changes they had made to address the pervious guest concerns. I called several times to talk with different people to see what they would say. Everyone said the hotel had made significant improvements. With this information I decided to book 7 rooms. I was in town with my son's basketball team for a tournement. Well to our surprise, roaches started coming out of the refridgerator and crawling up the walls. We called the front desk and they came in and removed the refridgerator and sprayed the room. Well that didn't work the roaches just kept coming and the front desk staff tried to insinuate that we bought the roaches with us. Don't think so, lady. The next problem we had were the cots they had given the boys to sleep on. One of the cots looked as if someone was shot on it while sleeping. There was a huge blood stain on the cot that housekeeping tried to cover up with a white sheet. Didn't work. When we contacted the front desk again, we were told it was rust on the cot and not blood. NO WAY, that was blood the smell gave it away. They come and took the cot out and gave us a complimentary room. Well at check out time our group was charged for the complimentary room as well as being over charged for the rooms we did stay in.They also tried to charge one room to several of the parents credit cards without permission. We tried to peacefully handle the situation with the front desk staff but didn't get anywhere until the police were called in to handle the situation. Once the police came and heard our story and saw the pictures of the place. The hotel owners were then more than happy to resolve the issues. This place is a dump. Our group knew we were staying in a 2 star hotel and was not expecting a lot of luxury, but wer were not expecting roaches and bad service. I would not want anyone to experience what we did. So please beware of this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are big; however the beds are of poor quality. Televisions are very old. The hotel is old and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank spelllsbellamy
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 July 2014

When we got there (july 5,2014)they let us check out the a couple of rooms and they were Okay,but we had to leave because we were there for basketball.tournament, so when we get back the boys saw roaches in the refrigerator and on the wall....and when the go to lay down they pulled the sheets back on the cot and there was this big stain on it which looked like blood, the hotel tried to say it was rust either way WHY are you still using it,it should have been in the dumpster. They are just basically taken in money,but not putting it back into the hotel... which need a lot of UPGRADES...I was force to give this hotel 1 star in order to post this review, but it's a Lie they don't deserve that 1 star :(((

1 Thank sleepyeyez12
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I expected more from this hotel. I thought I was someplace other than Peoria. I grew up in I was in town for my high school reunion in June. I grew up in Peoria and always enjoy returning to my hometown because of the friendliness and warmth of Peorians. This place made me feel like I was an intruder and that warmth and friendliness was experienced everywhere in town except for the Grand Hotel & Conference Center. The guy at the front desk was just short of rude and even stop in the midst of our check-in to give street directions to other patrons already being assisted by other staff. He made us feel that we were a bother, rambled through explaining the complimentary breakfast and other aspects of the hotel.. and even how to get to our room. The room was adequate but the air seemed stale. We only got the complementary coffee the first night. I was truly disappointed with the service, the amenities and the quality of the room. I can say that the breakfast was pretty good and the location was great but overall, the Grand Hotel in my opinion is anything but grand.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FScruggs
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very nice hotel . I was impressed with how clean this hotel was. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was quick . My room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable.
Pool is clean and always fun and the Pool towels always available . Housekeeping does a excellent cleaning job. Breakfast is very good . Loved all the breakfast choices. They even have cereal and milk . Only wished that they provided a High chair for families with toddlers at breakfast time . There are plenty of tables and chairs . There are snack machines ,pool tables, video game arcade and a toy machine with the claw to win a toy . All cost money but are fun .
Great family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Main floor is Awesome , clean .
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family