“Always Great”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed here when it was the sleep inn and as the econolodge i like the new changes..rooms arent bad..front desk man was super friendly..i like staying there...i never have an issue here..great location too.

• Stayed: October 2013
ChicagoBest, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Kdenton1987,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor of what it is like to stay here at the EconoLodge hotel in Peoria. Can not express how happy I am to read your your wonderful comments about your stay. I will be communicating them to our team who will be very thilled to hear them and it will of course serve as encourgment.

Hope to see you again soon.

Cecilia Uribe
Assistant Manager
4244 N. Brandywine Dr., Peoria, IL 61604
Phone - (309) 682-3322

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was passing through town late at night when I couldn't drive anymore so I checked-in at this location. I was extremely pleased with the service I received throughout the stay. I made a few requests and they were met without any fuss. The building looked like it had some work done on it recently so I was obviously pleased that it showed. The carpet design looked very nice as well as the color scheme. My stay was quiet and peaceful and I woke up very happy and refreshed. I would recommend this location to anyone! Will happily be staying there again if needed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ronald L

Dear Ronald L,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor and thank you for such great comments.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel thanks to our clean, comfortable, and as you stated quiet rooms. It is a great honor to be part of such great team that is always happy to assit our guest in every possible way. Very kind of you to notice all the effort we have put into renovations. We are looking foward to providing you with another great acomidation.

We appreciate you lodging with us while in Peoria.

Kind regards,

Cecilia Uribe
Assistant Manager
4244 N. Brandywine Dr., Peoria, IL 61604
Phone - (309) 682-3322

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

So we stayed at this hotel when it was a sleep inn a couple years ago. It was an okay hotel so we decided to stay there again, but it is now an econo lodge. We pulled in and there was a sign that said that they are under new management and that they were newly rennovated. We got up to the front desk and the service was great. We noticed that there was new carpet when we first walked in. We got up to our room and when we walked in it was EXTREMELY HOT! I can understand if they want to leave the air conditioning off if the room wont be used in a long time but if someone will be staying in it soon TURN THE AIR CONDITIONING ON AHEAD OF TIME! The room looked like it hadnt been renovated that much, sink and toilet looked like it had been worn and used A LOT. There was a XL sticker from a t shirt on the bathroom wall. Whoever painted the room did a TERRIBLE JOB. Walls have missedspots and over painted spots everywhere! The only thing i can really see that has changed was the carpet and the tv.

• Stayed: July 2013
GeneralMPeoria, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad that our front desk staff provided you with great service. I'll be passing along your comments and sharing them with all staff members.

We are working quickly to get our room projects completed. We have indeed recently added new carpet and flat panel TV screens to all of our guest rooms. Our other projects include adding a fresh coat of paint to the rooms and updating the furnishings throughout the rooms. While many of the rooms have received these treatments, some have not. It appears you may have had a room that was not fully completed just yet. We anticipate all guest rooms being fully renovated by the end of this year.

Due to energy demands, we turn on the A/C for our guest rooms after 3:00pm (our check-in time). We do this for all guests who are anticipated to check in for that evening. I apologize if we overlooked your room. If you were a walk-in guest and/or checked in before 3pm, we likely did not have the A/C unit running. These units require a great deal of energy to run. We are an environmentally conscious company and try our best to help conserve energy.

I understand it has been VERY hot around these parts lately. Again, my sincere apologies. Thankfully our A/C units are very powerful and it only takes a matter of minutes for the cold air to circulate throughout the room.

Thanks again for your feedback. We learn so much from our guests about their stays through their comments and suggestions. We truly listen to your needs and are taking the necessary actions to improve our hotel. Have a great day!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Okay so Ive stayed in this hotel alot through out the past 3 years and this is the first time coming back and I got to say that the new owners have done a really good job changing this place around. Im not goning to deny the fact that this place use to be a dump! To my understanding new ownership began January of this year and I couldnt be more happy about this. This hotel is in a amazing location everything is so close by to here. My stay was very pleasant, as I came in I notice the lobby looked a bit diffrent from last time and I liked the colors. The front desk lady was very helpfull in giving me directions to a resturant and made my check-in very fast and easy. The room I stayed in was on the 3rd floor and as soon as I open the door I noticed big changes. New carpet to begin with, new beds and bed spread, also loved the new furniture. Was not so happy about the curtains though as the were smelly and old looking. Everything else was really nice. Now a huge downside was that theres no pool anymore, Im not sure if I want to come back here with out there being a nice pool to relax in.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank nick f
GeneralMPeoria, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for your comments. We have truly listened to what our guests have wanted and have worked hard to meet their needs. This includes those new carpets, bedspreads, flat panel TV screens and fresh coats of paint that you mentioned. --- We apologize for the drapery in your room. We are in the process of refreshing those as well.

We aren't stopping there. We have other updates that are planned as well. Once finished, this will be your choice for a clean, comfortable stay at a fantastic rate!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

My Friends and I were looking for a place to stay for a wedding we needed to attend. Being unfamiliar to the area the hosts helped up a lot in finding directions etc. Since we stated there for 4 nights they told us about whats popping around the area. The rooms were really nice and updated as well. It had a very good homey feel to it. The experience we had at this Hotel made us feel very homely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank nvnellore
GeneralMPeoria, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

I can't tell you how much it warms me that we were able to provide you with a great stay! Hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This shouldn't be an econolodge, this hotel deserves to be a comfort inn or higher class hotel. It has a great design with all kinds of greens and browns. Very relaxing feeling. The rooms come with a fridge and microwave. Even the higher hotels don't have that. I spoke with the manager Jeff who was very friendly. He told me about the changes that they were making and he walked me through some newly renovated rooms. It looks great. For being one of the lowest rates in the city, you can't get much better than this. I'll have to look at more econolodge hotels on the road.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ray C

Thank you for those warm remarks. We strive each and everyday to ensure our guests are fully satisfied with their stay. We are excited about being the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites. We are working to provide you with the absolute best in accomodations at an affordable rate! Hope to see you again when business brings you back to the area.

Jeff

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were in Peoria for a graduation celebration and this one was of the last hotels available. We made reservations for a Sleep Inn & Suites; however, when we got to the desk we saw it was changing to an Econo Lodge. We didn't receive any notice before coming to Peoria or when making our reservation two weeks prior.

At first glance, it looked OK. The hotel clerk was respectable and helpful. Checking in went well. The entrance and corridors look well taken care of. Then we got to our room - the window was cracked, wall paper was missing where light fixtures were removed, and the bedspreads had burn holes in them. The good point -- the room was clean.

We did not stay for breakfast the next morning as it seemed that they only served cereal and doughnuts with coffee and juice.

I would not stay here again. The hotel would have made a better choice if they closed the hotel for a week or longer, made the switch, and reopened under the new name.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janine K
GeneralMPeoria, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

As noted within your review, we are undergoing a renovation and a brand change. I have already been speaking with Choice Hotels to ensure that when a brand changes in the future, all guests are notified. Some of our guests stated that they recieved emails from Choice advising them of the change and others did not and were surprised like you. --- I hope you know this was not our intent. We are in the hospitality business and want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

I can ensure you that the issues you found with your room such as the window being cracked and the wall paper were an isolated incident. No light fixtures had been removed, however our wall mounted night stands were recently removed. These were removed on purpose so that we can put in new furniture. The bedspreads are also an item that we are upgrading.

The EconoLodge Inn & Suites breakfast is marketed for guests who want an "easy start" to their day. This includes a continental breakfast with cereal, doughnuts, muffins, bagels, juices, milk and coffee.

We are sorry for the experience you had with our hotel. Please know that the comments you have noted are being addressed.

Thanks,