“Stayed 4 nights here & honestly it could not have been better!”

Quality Inn & Suites Peoria
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
illinois
“Stayed 4 nights here & honestly it could not have been better!”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have absolutely no complaints about this property, just one suggestion (at the end) because this place was nearer perfect than some of the star hotels I've stayed at. I was here for 4 weeknights with my small children for some tests at the local catholic hospital. The hotel could not have been nicer, more helpful or more accommodating. Housekeeping did a fantastic job, breakfast attendant did a great job keeping everything picked up and replenished & front desk was incredibly helpful. Breakfast was amazing & was included with our room. Wifi was great and also included. This is a great location and had a great pool area with a retractable roof for sunny days! The rooms were spacious and comfortable and even included a microwave and mini fridge with separate freezer area which was great for us with little kids. I can't say enough good things about this place and I would never stay anywhere else in Peoria after staying here!

The only thing I would recommend to management to address is the fact that the pool is accessible from the parking lot. Although all the interior entrances are keyed so only guests can enter the pool area, there is a gate from the patio area straight into the parking lot (clearly marked 'exit') but was easily opened from the parking lot side (I tried it myself) and from there you walk right into the pool. The only reason I looked for this entrance and tested it to see if it worked was because we had the pool to ourselves one afternoon until a mom and her two kids came in (from the parking lot) that way and left that way a few hours later when one of the kids wanted to "go home & eat". That was shocking to me because the Jameson obviously put a lot of time and money into designing the area to be safe and secure EXCEPT for the minor detail of the gate to the parking area. All you had to do was unlatch and you were in. Someone could easily take a kid from there and you wouldn't know it if you weren't right there watching (if you were in the bathrooms or getting a towel for instance).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
TeamPeoria, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Peoria, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Thank you for your time and comment. We are very happy that our staff and amenities created a good experience for you! I do apologize for the inconvenience in the pool; although the gate is a requirement from the Health Department of Peoria, our staff does perform checks of the premises throughout the day and we do have security cameras at each entrance into the hotel. If ever during your stay at the Jameson Inn Hotel you have questions or concerns, please let us know so we can try to correct the problem promptly.

Barbara Krzywonos, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Clean, looks new, great customer service and an airport shuttle. Having never heard of a "Jameson Inn" before I was a little skeptical but it is very similar, if not better than a Courtyard by Marriott or a Hyatt Place without the overpriced rates. The van driver, Chuck I believe, was super friendly and took me to the local Walgreens to pick up some items before check in. Saw him on checkout 3 days later, he remembered me, asked how my stay was and was concerned that I enjoyed my stay and everything in the room was working just fine. The hotel allowed me to check in at 8am which is HUGE since I had been up all night and allowed to me get right to sleep. Wonderful!!
Couple minor issues came up on my stay. One, the internet is very slow and unreliable. Two, I called the front desk on the day of checkout at 10:30am requesting a checkout of noon instead of 11am. The front desk person was very courteous and allowed me to stay an extra hour. Problem, I was in the shower and my door slammed open at 11:30 for "room service." Where was the communication between the front desk and housekeeping staff regarding my late check out? Also, when the housekeeping staff was cleaning the room next to me at 8am they continued to allow the door to slam on the latch making a lot of noise. These are just minor issues but ones that are very important to me given my radical sleep schedule.
Overall, I highly recommended this place for random travellers and families. The pool looked like fun as well but I didn’t get a chance to enjoy it. I will definitely be back when in town. Staff and hotel quality are top notch.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We are glad that our staff was accommodating to your needs, although we are always striving to improve service and I am thankful for the feedback so that we can continue to work on making each stay perfect! I apologize that you experienced slow internet; we do have a help desk that can usually help with any problems that may arise. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We came in for a church conference and the day prior to our arrival I received an email asking for names of our attendees. Though we arrived an hour earlier than check-in, the rooms were ready and access cards with attendee names were waiting for us. The front desk personnel was very courteous and helpful. I normally stay at Marriott Hotels but this was a comparable surprise.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the great feedback! We are happy to hear that our hotel was able to meet your group’s needs and surpass expectations! We hope to see you again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I was pleasantly surprised after I booked this hole through hotwire. I paid about half what i usuall pay for comparable or less desirable hotels.
The hotel staff is extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are spacious, and clean with flat TV. Free breakfast was included as well as freen shuttle to airport and surrending shops, restaurants, and malls.
Highly recommend it if you are traveling to Peoria.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
We are happy to provide a great value for our guests! Thank you for your great review!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Our family stayed at Jameson Inn while returning to Atlanta. We chose this because of the pool, breakfast, pet friendly and lower price range. The staff was friendly and helpful. Lobby was nice and the place appeared clean. Our room was quite small with no information about the hotel such as times and services. The pool area was nice, but the pool water was 90 degrees and it was very cloudy. We would rather have warmer water than freezing though! The strangest part was the other guests. There seemed to be some interesting characters around here. A lady standing out front drinking a beer while talking to shuttle driver, a lady screaming at her kids in the over hang and them screaming back etc. I just got an uneasy feeling. The lock on our bathroom door ended up being broken and locked you out. Some of the towels were gray instead of white. When I brought these up to the checkout clerk, she seemed un-phased and didn't offer an apology what-so-ever. Breakfast was decent. Beds were pretty good. Did hear them talking about having to close the pool last night because they couldn't see the filter. Gross! My total after taxes $15 pet fee was $117. This is a $75 hotel at best.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for choosing Peoria Jameson Inn & Suites. We appreciate hearing from our guests and are sorry to hear that your last stay was just ok. It is always our goal to provide our guests with clean, well – maintained rooms, friendly service and a comfortable atmosphere at a great value. Thank you for your comments as it helps us to improve our processes. If ever during your stay at the Jameson Inn you have questions or concerns, please ask to speak to the Manager on duty so we can try to fix the problem right away.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed here for a wedding and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff was so friendly and accommodating for our group! Chuck was one of the staff members and he was very considerate of our wedding group and defiantly made our stay memorable. Thank you so much!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank renah16
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I'm here every month for drill weekend! Clean, modern style hotel and has very friendly staff. :)

• Stayed June 2011