“Nice room and friendly service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Peoria

Quality Inn & Suites Peoria
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Chicago IL
“Nice room and friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

My husband and I checked in late 11:30 PM on a Friday and was told to go there because they still had rooms even though there was a high school soccer tournament going on. The front desk attendant was helpful and even let me check my email for the conference address without a fuss before we checked in to make sure the hotel wasn't too far from my meeting. The front desk encouraged us to get the bigger room that wasn't quite a suite but not a regular room due to my work schedule and my husband's nocturnal hours. The room had a separate living and sleeping areas divided by a door. There was also a mini fridge, microwave, table for 4, loveseat, large walk in closet and two plasma TV’s. The only bad thing about the room was we were right next to the elevator and stairs therefore at around 7 AM we heard people.

The breakfast was okay...not very filling and the set up could have been better. The waffles were at the beginning of the line and there was always a back up. They should have put them last or at their own station so folks could still get around and get food without bumping into everyone. The gravy and biscuits were not the best; it was nice they offered food and beverages though. The microwave was great as well.

The hotel itself is a little hard to get to if you are not familiar with the area. There is a mall not far from the hotel as well as eating places. Hotel is by a church and there is playground equipment and a big field that guests can use.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

I booked this hotel for a one night stay in Peoria and then checked out the reviews on tripadvisor. They were pretty much horrible, so I was nervous. But I seriously think this hotel has gotten a bad rap. It was a perfectly fine, dare I say nice place to stay. Maybe it went through a rough patch a couple of years ago, but everything in the hotel now seems new, the rooms appear updated, there was a very nice open lobby. There was a very nice breakfast in the morning (waffles, buscuits and gravy, muffins, fruit, cereal, etc.) It is in a great location right off of the interstate, although I know Brandywine Drive where it is located can be a bit confusing for people that aren't familiar, but my GPS directed me there perfectly. I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2008

I woke up at 1:34 am with bed bugs on me! Even though the room was remodeled the mattress was old - I checked, and infested with brown bed bugs!
I left the hotel immediately. Two days later I was told I would only receive a $30 credit for my trouble!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Omaha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2007

This was my first time to Peoria Illinois.as for the hotel it was average at best. The beds are way too small and the continental breakfast in the morning could use some improvement. There are a lot of other hotels around this area that might be a better pick.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sirk14
harvester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2007

I booked this room thru AAA for 77.99/ night (which had it listed as a Best Western). I was alittle concerned because I had read the previous review but since I had trouble finding a room (several events going on in the area) I grabbed this one. The good news is the construction is over and we had no trouble getting to the hotel from Hwy 74. The room was roomy and clean. It was in the process of being remodeled; they had put in new furniture and the light fixtures were moved to accommodate the furniture but there were holes in the wall where they were previously. The bathroom was very clean which I really appreciated. It was a "business" room with a large l-shaped desk to accomodate the use of a laptop (free wireless internet) ; nice recliner, Large "mini" fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The deluxe continental breakfast was biscuits & gravy, do-it-yourself waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, apple & orange juice , coffee, tea. (I have seen this setup in numerous hotels right down to the same display baskets). My only complaint is the maids were going up & down the hall banging on doors at 8:30 am and we weren't the only ones annoyed.

• Liked — Very Very Clean
  • Disliked — Maids wanting to clean before I was up
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank pvmom
Mpls, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2006

Good luck finding it. During a recent road trip I booked this hotel online via Hotels.com. Late at night pulling into Peoria there is a ton of construction. Neither Hotels.com or the hotel itself mentioned the construction or the fact that the directions DIDNT include the fact the exit they are on is CLOSED and here I was trying to find the hotel. Tired and frustrated at 11pm at night, when I brought it up to the clerk she just shrugged and said nothing. I wrote to Hotels.com and they just sent back the standard letter. The hotel (I found out later) wasnt worth the 20 minute hunt. Still decorated from the early 1980's, my non-smoking room was clearly a smoking room in the past. The safety latch on the inside of the room was broken but someone had attempted to fix it a few times by evidence of the numerous screws and screw holes.

• Liked — Not one thing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Dont stay here, there are plenty of other hotels in the neighborhood
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo