“Beautiful hotel, great customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Peoria

Courtyard Peoria
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
EM, Illinois
“Beautiful hotel, great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I were traveling through Peoria and decided to stay at the Courtyard Marriott. The hotel itself was very difficult to find. Our car's GPS took us across Peoria to basically a residential area yet told us we had arrived at our destination. We called the hotel and the young girl tried to be very helpful yet she appeared a little like me in that she may have been a little directionally challenged. Although she tried to help us to the best of her ability, she realized she wasn't a lot of help so she quickly tried to find someone to help us. We received the direction we needed and were able to find the hotel without any more delay. The hotel itself is nestled amongst The Baymont and the Residence Inn behind Northwoods Mall.

Once we arrived we entered the lobby and were greeted by the warm and friendly attendant. The lobby was beautiful. Very inviting, modern, and tastefully decorated. There was a large container of ice water available for weary travelers. We were cheerfully greeted and checked into our room within minutes.

The room itself was very nice. Modern decor and a nice size. The sink was located outside the bathroom which is always a plus for me. Instead of having a closet near the sink there is a counter with the coffee pot and ice bucket. There is a wardrobe located next to the television. The rooms have flat screen televisions and you can also utilize the free wifi from the room.

Although we did not use the pool and hot tub it was very nice. Right outside the pool area there is a lounge area with comfortable outdoor seating. There is also a gazebo area with tables for relaxing or eating outside.

We were on the first floor and had a patio that lead to the outdoor seating and gazebo area. The upper floors had balconies with chairs. It would have been nice to have had chairs on the patio but we were so close to the gazebo that it really didn't matter. We spent the evening outside enjoying the weather.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the amenities included Paul Mitchell hair care products. There was also free coffee available in the lobby in the morning.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in and around the Peoria area. We got a great deal on Priceline, were well taken care of, and received a good nights rest.

Room Tip: If you want privacy when you sit outside you may want to have a room on the upper floor so you can h...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K-teacherEM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Saint Charles, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Checked into a room to discover that the room we were given could not accomodate our family. It was recommended that we ask for a cot, which I am sure is against fire code. (No cots available because they are all being used in the other rooms where too many people are booked!) When I went to front desk, was told that there were no other rooms available and they were sold out! Then we were told there is a another room available, and we would have to pay for it, but "at a discounted rate." How is that that I am assigned a room that cannot accomodate my family, but in order to accomodate the number of people in my family, I must pay more for it? One of the poorest displays of customer service I have ever seen!

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 people go somewhere else! Rooms are the smallest I have ever experienced, c...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey B
PeoriaCY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Peoria, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
I want to thank you for your review. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. We make every effort to offer the best value for your stay; I am sorry to hear the problems you encountered with the cots and room accommodations. I have addressed these issues with staff and will takes steps to ensure situations like these don’t happen again. We hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will try the Peoria Courtyard again next time you stay in the area.

Sara Hunter
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have been going to this hotel for 5 or 6 years now...and the rooms have always been clean and comfortable...room temp is controlled easily by wall control...Breakfast was a little pricey...I would have thought the breakfast would have been included in the room price...but I guess nott.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Clifton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have to say I was a little leary of booking this hotel when I saw that the Courtyard was ranked 17th out off 22 hotels in Peoria; however, we had little choice in hotels as we needed to stay while the IESA 2A State Track Meet was being held in town and there were virtually no rooms available. We were lucky to catch this room as someone had just cancelled. Because of that I asked to check out the hotel and room before actually checking in. The hotel staff was very accomodating. The front desk clerk took us up to the room to have a look around. We were very pleased with both the room and the hotel and checked in immediately. We had no complaints and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PeoriaCY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Peoria, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. It is great to have our guest enjoying our hotel again as we have had a few rough reviews during our lobby and restaurant remodel. I will be sure to pass along to the staff your comments and Thank you again for staying with us at the Courtyard.

Sara Hunter
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

The hotel is standard. Staff is friendly. Rooms show signs of wear. Bath towels are getting threadbare and unraveling but are clean. The location is a little hard to find behind a mall. Be advised that construction is in process so the lobby and breakfast area are not completely renovated.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Orland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

First of all, it is very hidden and not located via GPS. That was the least of my concerns. The hotel was under construction when I booked (no indication of this anywhere prior to checking in) with half of the lobby taped off with crime scene tape and ladders, etc blocking the hall on the way to a very tiny elevator (think sardine can that smells like urine). There is a refrigerator in the room but DO NOT PUT ANYTHING INSIDE OF IT. I had a bottle of Diet Coke approximately 2/3 full when I left the room and returned later that day to find about an inch left of Diet Coke. Also everything inside the fridge had been rearranged with some items missing. Needless to say, I trashed everything in the fridge because god knows what else was done to the remaining items. I would rather die that return to this dump.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Very nice clean, nice room off the main road, freindly staff.

Room Tip: Room on west side
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple