“Great Stay”
Review of Courtyard Peoria

Courtyard Peoria
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I switch to this hotel from another awful hotel in the area. This Courtyard was a blessing compared to what I had to deal with right down the road. The staff was great, and the room was kept nice. If you are in this little town I would suggest a stay here would a good idea.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2013

One of the older properties from Courtyard that has been upgraded. The rooms have been nicely upgraded and are very clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful and were aiming to please.

Just a few notes:

1. The hotel is hard to find via GPS and they need to send an email to you before to find it. Weird thing. Easiest way there is to mall, drive around the mall road until you see signs to hotels.
Kind of tucked away, a little "creepy" is the only way to define it. On the plus side, you're literally right off mall parking lot and there are plenty of eating and shopping options.

2. Just as I was falling asleep, my fire alarm started beeping at 10:30 at night. Battery was dying. Had to call and wait for staff, and they were quick. They were very apologetic and promised me so extra points. Again, trying to be helpful

I don't know if I'd stay here again as if I have to meet up with clients or customers, giving directions to this place a bit difficult

Room Tip: Pay attention to the directions they send you via email before you arrive, if you've never been...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Although our GPS took us around the hotel a couple times because of inaccurate address, we finally did find the hotel with a call to the hotel where the clerk was more than helpful and got us back on track and arrived with no problem! The hotel is very nice, clean and warm feeling. The staff were extra friendly and took the time to recommend a great steakhouse! We were even given a snack upon arrival, that was fun and surprising!! The room was perfect, the bed comfy and it was definitely fresh & clean. Loved the Paul Mitchell products as well, very pampering! Complimentary coffee in the morning was delicious! We will be sure to stay there again when passing through!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gail0116
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I normally like Marriott Courtyard hotels but honestly this one just seemed to be missing something. The area is a bit run down but the lobby of the hotel is beautiful. The staff was pleasant & helpful BUT I just got a weird vibe. The hotel had obviously been redecorated, the hallways still looked old. The room was nice but small. The balcony was tiny & they had a bar on the sliding glass door that made we worry about my safety a bit. It was clean & will do but I hope to find something better when in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Beth C
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Beth C,
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Peoria and for your kind words about my staff. I can assure you that our hotel is safe and that our guests' security is a top priority for us. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Sara H.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I generally like Courtyard properties because they are dependable, clean and predictable. This location is a little odd to find but close to everything - restaurants, shopping and major roads. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I did not like the location of the first room and the front desk staff quickly made a change. We were in town for a funeral so other than sleeping, we spend no time at the hotel to do anything else such as swim or eat. I would definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the parking lot - the rooms on the other side face the highway
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

When we arrived the clerks were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean, fresh and up to date. The room was very nice and clean very easy to get comfortable. The breakfast at the bar was fresh and good. This is a definite if you need an affordable but immaculate place to stay.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank TNTKREBSBACH
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family had accomodations at the Baymont next door to the Courtyard and the motel was so bad we couldn't stay. We were able to walk right in to the Courtyard, get adjoining rooms for two nights. The staff was very friendly. The hotel has been updated in the past year and a half. The rooms were comforatable and clean. My only complaint would be that breakfast was not included in the price of the room. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family