“Hard to find,thankful for GPS”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Peoria

Courtyard Peoria
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Frederick, Maryland
“Hard to find,thankful for GPS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very nice Courtyard. Located with several Marriott properties in a kind of cul-de-sac which made me thankful for GPS guidance. Rooms were clean with everything in working order. We were tired so had sandwiches in Bistro. Service was great and food was ok. Breakfast in Bistro was another matter! Staff were bored and not very helpful. We eventually got some food but was not easy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Barangabill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed one night for a soccer tournament. The decor was very pleasant and current. The Courtyards know how to do that right. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. (Marriotts have the best beds!) Our only disappointment was the horrible service at the cafe/restaurant. The service was slow, incompetent, inattentive, and horrible. There seemed to be a complete lack of management in this area of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CurlyCurlyGirl
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had a one-night stay at this hotel. The décor was most attractive and as soon as one entered it was obvious that this was a first-rate establishment. In my room I found everything I needed, everything worked properly and the room was spotlessly clean. The reception staff were friendly and most helpful.
I was a little surprised to find in the morning that breakfast was not included in the room rate but was to be bought at the hotel's bistro. Other hotels of a similar standard provide breakfast as part of the package and so I thought this one somewhat dear.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Maus59
Lindenhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed in numerous hotels in the Peoria/Bloomington/Normal area for different team activities. I would rank the Courtyard Peoria as my #1 out of all of them.
Staff-Super friendly and always willing to help out. Sara did a great job organizing our stay. I had to find a place to store 12 ft. pole vault poles and they were more than willing to help me find a location inside the hotel. They also allowed us to use the meeting room when we had a team dinner. I also appreciated that they put all 11 of our rooms on the same floor. I have been to other hotels where the rooms have been all over the place.
Cleanliness-I was impressed. The entire hotel was clean.
Bistro-They have a nice little Bistro in the hotel lobby that serves Starbucks coffee. The kids loved getting different drinks. The Bistro loaned us some serving spoons and provided us with extra garbage cans when we ordered some pasta.
Pool and outside area-Pool and hot tub were popular and the hotel had some patio furniture outside in a fenced in area that could be enjoyed by all.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank steve t
kvv711
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have had trouble finding a hotel we like in Peoria. Most have been very average at best. The search is over. When we checked in, we were pleased to see the bistro and the Starbucks coffees. The desk staff were very welcoming and explained the amenities. We were given keys and went to our room, which unfortunately had not been serviced. We returned to the desk and they were most apologetic and quickly gave us a new (clean) room. We were given complimentary coffee vouchers and the hotel treated us to breakfast the next day! (which was delicious - good selection of made to order entrees and breakfast sandwiches) There was a small item that needed attention in the room - coffee pot handle was loose. I left a note for housekeeping, asking them to replace it and when we returned later that day it had been replaced. All in all, the staff was friendly and attentive and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Located off a large mall parking lot with poor directional signage, the hotel is a bit difficult to find on the first effort, but keep looking because it is worth the effort. The hotel architecture looks like an older property but it has recently been upgraded and remodeled. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and very clean - the cleanest we have seen in our travels this year. Their reservations process is easy and the service staff is exceptional. There is a morning food service you can include or omit from your daily room rate. The food is good but the options are limited. We haven't stayed at Marriott properties for awhile but our experience at this one will cause us to consider them again in our travels. If you try this one you will like it.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have been upgraded and remodeled, but to be sure simply ask for one of them
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

The location is a little strange.Its hard to find at night if you are not familiar with the location. Its hidden behind the mall and as far as I could tell the only way you could get to it was driving through the mall. We checked in late and it was easy and the room seemed clean until the next morning when I took a shower. There was a used rag from the previous guest in the shower....! Then we we got home I noticed they had charged us for the room; however, the room was prepaid. They did reverse the charge quickly and without argument.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Peoria, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Jyssica S,
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Peoria. Please accept my apologies for the negative experience you had at my hotel. I'm very sorry that you found a washcloth in the shower and that your credit card was charged. I have spoken to both my housekeeping staff and front desk staff to make sure such incidents do not happen again. I hope that you might offer us another opportunity to show you the level of service of which we are capable the next time you are in the area.

Sara H.