“Amazing traditional pub grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Horseshoe Inn

The Horseshoe Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mildenhall
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Amazing traditional pub grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Have visited twice and will be visiting again and again. brilliant traditional pub food, have never been disappointed and some good beer to wash it all down with. Lovely patio area and masses of garden space, which was brilliant to sit in the sun for lunch.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank chipper04

Canvey Island, United Kingdom
“Good reasonably priced food & beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Had 2 evening meals and 3 breakfasts here during my stay, Very pleased with all.
Good varied mains menu, daily specials and good desserts. Also have Magner's and Stowford press cider's on draught and a choice of 3 real ale's.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Nick L
Swindon Wiltshire
“Excellent Country Retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Visiting The Horseshoe again, it is gratifying to see that it hasn't changed in terms of hospitality/character/quality. The welcome is warm and cheerful. The surroundings are charming in context of a country Public House / Restaurant. The building, which has existed on site for very many years, has, in more recent times, been sympathetically extended - but it still offers the warmth and character one might expect in its countryside setting. The menu is not over-powering and certainly not over-priced, offering a sufficiently wide choice at prices that appear very much more than reasonable after sampling the quality of every course. Drinks are well selected and The Horseshoe is very well wortha visit either for Lunch or Dinner. The grounds are attractively maintained and there is a large enough car park.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank johnlister500
Swindon
“Crazy Landlord”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I would like to say that in an tough time for public houses I'm amazed there are establishments that must be doing so well that they can verbally assult customers. I spent quite a bit of time last summer (2012) having a beverage in the beer garden with a local friend and eaten there once. My experience on the 19/4/13 left me nothing short of speechless. Visiting said friend in the village in my car I missed her turn in and took the next available one to turn around in (pub Car Park). On my exit from car park a man (Turned out to be the landlord) came over and agressively asked me "Can I help you". He proceeded to shout & swear at me for turning car around. I could, to be fair, see why he maybe upset as the pub has a lovely garden and must get people abusing it. But I was not eating my lunch in my car, I was not using his toilet, I was not sitting in his garden. And whilst not a paying customer then, have been in the past and would have been again! However I will never come back and if you are reading this would advise you to consider your people skills and "The bigger picture" before you act. You ARE a VERY rude man.

• Visited April 2013
8 Thank Jay99Swindon
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Average pub grub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

The title about says it all, not dreadful, but nothing to write home about. I don't know what all our large group thought, but my steak and guiness pie had plenty of meat, but the usual detachable pastry top cooked separately from the filling. My wife's hame and eggs had overcooked chips, nothing special.

Most of the meals appeared to be microwaved pre-cooked aprt from those things that had to be freshly made. Again, not unique for pub grub, not really four-star either.

• Visited March 2013