“Ducking fantastic”

Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set within a 17th-century stone-clad building, The Muddy Duck - Monkton Farleigh has preserved many of its original features and offers quality British fare. Overlooking a charming hillside hamlet, The Muddy Duck in Bath, Avon features a flagstone courtyard for al fresco dining, alongside a spacious garden with views over the local farmland. Inside, sunken sofas and a sprawling fireplace make the dining area a cosy affair, whilst the bar champions fine malts and real ales.
Melbourne, Australia
“Ducking fantastic”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My dearest friend from England decided to show me the beauties of English country & in particular the Bath region. What an amazing discovery she has made by brining me to the Muddy Duck for a night stay. As an Australian I really felt like I've experienced some English history and proper country hospitality, with the sophisticated 'sexy' touch. The staff are warm, friendly & attentive and the food was very impressive. From the moment we walked in to the pub, we were invited to sit at the bar for a drink & nibbles before moving through to dinner. I left the wine choices to our host who got it spot on. Finishing off back at the bar with a good chat to the bar tender, it was the perfect finish to a lovely day spent in Bath. Stand outs were the squid and a beautiful breakfast. It's on the higher end from a monetary side, but I truly believe we received value for money as this will remain up there as a memorable experience!

Brussels, Belgium
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Muddy Duck has become our regular restaurant of choice. The staff are super friendly and efficient, and the food is sublime. Huge compliments to the chef, especially for his camembert starter last winter and for his squid starter this summer. The only problem is stopping my husband from over ordering and actually having an appetite for the main after the scrumptious starters! The pea and hock soup was divine. Overall fantastic for both quality of food and service, and the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good evening at the Muddy Duck”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited with 3 friends. The food was good, especially the starter 'nibbles' the staff were very pleasant and good service. The only thing that could be improved was the 'fish and chips' it was all heavy batter and very little fish which was a little disappointing. All in all a good evening and I would visit again if I was in the area

Bath, United Kingdom
“Run of the mill country pub grub at over inflated prices”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

lovely little pub in a nice village but £5 for a pint of cider and nice but run of the mill food at over inflated prices theres much better to be had in the local area.
Guess thats why it was very quite when we were there.

• Visited July 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great find off the beaten track.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I've driven from Bath to Bradford-on-Avon more times than I care to think and have always seen the sign for the Muddy Duck (previously Kings Arms). We stopped elsewhere for lunch but were let down enough to leave and stopped here more out of curiosity. What a find! The staff were uniformly brilliant in their welcome and general demeanour. We were even offered a tour, completely out of the blue, by one of the housekeeping staff who was clearly proud of the establishment and her part in it. I confess I was shocked to be charged around £37 for three orders of beef sandwiches and some pork scratching strips but, in fairness, they were beautifully presented, very tasty and filling. More outstanding were the pork crackling strips - amazing! Discussing this with my fellow diners, we agreed that this is one of those establishments where the price, initially appearing high, is fully justified by the overall experience. Top notch service, good and interesting food and quality beer; what more does anyone want? Can't wait to return with the family and again with a friend with a pork scratching obsession!!