“Fabulous. A great experience you must give it a go!”
Review of The Muddy Duck - CLOSED

The Muddy Duck
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set within a 17th-century stone-clad building, The Muddy Duck - Monkton Farleigh has preserved many of its original features and offers quality British fare. Overlooking a charming hillside hamlet, The Muddy Duck in Bath, Avon features a flagstone courtyard for al fresco dining, alongside a spacious garden with views over the local farmland. Inside, sunken sofas and a sprawling fireplace make the dining area a cosy affair, whilst the bar champions fine malts and real ales.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Everything about our visit was wonderful. The staff were all friendly and attentive the food was exceptional, it was beautifully presented and very flavoursome.The sticky toffee pudding was a real wow!
The Muddy Duck is a real gem and we are definitely returning ..... Soon !

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Atmosphere: The Muddy Duck has an updated open plan country look. It is successfully done - but be prepared for an open-plan rustic contemporary look, rather than traditional village pub. Outside there is ample seating and really fabulous westerly views over fields - nowhere nicer for an evening drink in the summer. At weekends be warned that it can get very busy - so the garden seating may be full of families with children rushing about, and it's often necessary to book a table.

Food: The food is well prepared, with locally sourced ingredients. It is competent cooking, perfectly good - but not thrilling. The canapes/ hot snacks are particularly good.

We love this place for drinks outside on a warm evening - but on balance we prefer The Longs Arms in the next village (Wraxall) for food.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My dearest friend from England decided to show me the beauties of English country & in particular the Bath region. What an amazing discovery she has made by brining me to the Muddy Duck for a night stay. As an Australian I really felt like I've experienced some English history and proper country hospitality, with the sophisticated 'sexy' touch. The staff are warm, friendly & attentive and the food was very impressive. From the moment we walked in to the pub, we were invited to sit at the bar for a drink & nibbles before moving through to dinner. I left the wine choices to our host who got it spot on. Finishing off back at the bar with a good chat to the bar tender, it was the perfect finish to a lovely day spent in Bath. Stand outs were the squid and a beautiful breakfast. It's on the higher end from a monetary side, but I truly believe we received value for money as this will remain up there as a memorable experience!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Muddy Duck has become our regular restaurant of choice. The staff are super friendly and efficient, and the food is sublime. Huge compliments to the chef, especially for his camembert starter last winter and for his squid starter this summer. The only problem is stopping my husband from over ordering and actually having an appetite for the main after the scrumptious starters! The pea and hock soup was divine. Overall fantastic for both quality of food and service, and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited with 3 friends. The food was good, especially the starter 'nibbles' the staff were very pleasant and good service. The only thing that could be improved was the 'fish and chips' it was all heavy batter and very little fish which was a little disappointing. All in all a good evening and I would visit again if I was in the area