The Old Rectory
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bishopstrow House(Warminster)
US$67
Travelodge
US$126
Toprooms.com
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
US$139
Premier Inn Frome Hotel(Frome)(Great Value!)
US$119
PremierInn.com
The Grosvenor Arms(Shaftesbury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfamily roomb bhomemade mueslimajor roadvisit longleatfull englishbreakfast was excellentbreakfast was freshly cookedbed and breakfasta great stayhigh chairwest countrytop floorsafari parka lovely place to staytwo nightsbeautiful house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have never felt the need to leave a review so have only signed up to Tripadvisor for this review. My wife, 2 children (12 and 2) and I planned a trip to visit Longleat Safari Park, among other places. Searching for nearby places The Old Rectory caught my eye. The website was really helpful with plenty of pictures. So I booked the family room. And what a room! Well actually two rooms with a private bathroom. There was so much space to move around in it made it feel like a real home from home. It was light, clean and had brilliant facilities including a fridge and hair dryer (for my wife). The Old Rectory is really easy to find as it is just off the A303 in Chicklade. It is set back from the road with fantastic parking and grounds. In the room you can not hear the traffic at all. My wife is lactose intolerant and Lynda and Colin provided a top notch lactose free breakfast for her. I would recommend to anyone, especially families. Longleat is really close, as is Stonehenge. Thank you Lynda and Colin.

Room Tip: Family Room is excellent, Lovely double bed for a couple and two single beds in the adjoining room for children.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rollingcloud
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were looking for a b and b near Longleat Safari Park and found this one and saw the other reviews so decided to book this place, arrived their and it was so beautiful pulling up, Lynda and Colin was so warm and welcoming and showed us to our king size room which was beautiful and very clean, great nights sleep as bed was so comfortable, breakfast was excellent. They went out of their way to help. Would definitely recommend this B and B to other people.

Room Tip: if you are a couple try and get the king size French suite like me and my fiancé did.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at the beautiful home of Lynda and Colin. The rooms are very nice and their hospitality was wonderful. I highly recommend staying at their B&B which is adjacent to an interesting and ancient rectory. The morning after our stay, Lynda was gracious to have us follow her to Salisbury. We took back beautiful roads through the lush green rolling hills.
We highly recommend staying with them.
Jim and Thelma

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My girlfriend and I found the rooms cosy and quiet, breakfast superb, and hospitality warm and genuine. We lost a wallet at some point during our trip, and despite having a busy day, Colin and Lynda went out of their way to help us search out of genuine concern. They are truly devoted to ensuring each guest has the best stay possible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We spent 3 nights for my birthday weekend with our 2 year old daughter. Lyn had left some full fat milk for our daughter in the fridge. We were in the Salisbury family suite. It was perfect a nice low and comfy bed for Alice and in the next adjoining room a big comfortable bed for us, and of course an en-suite bathroom.Biscuits, tea and coffee making facilities, nice decore and very spacious. Lyn and Colin booked us a table in a pub for our first evening and recommended a few others for our stay. On the morning of my birthday I was surprised with a box of chocolates, it was such a nice surprise. Breakfast is delicious, and Alice loved to have an "eggy" on mr lurpak egg stand. The breakfast room itself is bright well decorated with views onto the garden. Lyn and Colin were so welcoming and made us feel at home. It's also worth waking around the cemetery behind the little church and B&B, there is a statue of an angel there. It's close to Longleat and Salisbury. Perfect base for visiting. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family