“Wont be going back”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Wont be going back”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Went for lunch on a Saturday after a round of golf at Avington Park.

We both had a fish quiche that was burnt. I don't just mean a bit to brown at the edges, but black at the edges and on the base. Fair enough, sometimes things get left in the oven a bit long, but if you do burn it, don't then serve it! The other strange thing about the quiche was that it was made with sweet pastry - weird.

The salad served with it was also very tired and limp and had clearly not been made that day.

We did the usual British thing of not complaining, in retrospect, we should have done.

The staff were very friendly however and I did have a nice pint, so that's the only thing saving it from a one-star rating.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ed B

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My sons and I visited this restaurant on a Wednesday lunchtime. My son lives in Malta and misses such delicacies as Pheasant.The chef was extremely attentive to our needs and cooked my son a mouth watering whole one! My other son had a sirloin, which was cooked to perfection! I had a trio of starters and my daughter in law had the Tortillini, each dish was more than adequate and presented beautifully. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for 'something a bit special'. Well worth the drive!

• Visited July 2013
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have been to the Trout just the other day with my family and they have just got a new chef and the food was amazing so much choice and the flavours were out of this world

• Visited July 2013
Maidenhead
“a welcome awaits you here”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed at The Trout Inn, Itchen Abbas recently with friends and we found the staff very welcoming and friendly despite us arriving very wet and muddy. Our evening meal was delicious and presented very attractively - very good value. Rooms very comfortable and airy. Would definitely visit and stay again should I and my friends be in the area again.

Visited July 2013
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A happy Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Having read a previous poor review, we could have been put off this restaurant. How wrong we would have been! We had a first class Sunday lunch with excellent home cooking in very pleasant surroundings. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Visited July 2013