“Exerlant food”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exerlant food”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Visited here last friday and was welcomed by a very well pressented and welcoming guy. was shown to a table and offered drinks straight away. As we were looking at the menu the chef came out and talked us through the menu and even said if there is anything we want that isn't on the menu just say its no problem whitch we thought was great. Other places could learn alot from the trout about service and the exerlant food. Will definitely be visiting regularly.

• Visited October 2013

“WOW!!!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Me and my friends came for a meal on the tuesday dinner, may I say it was great the gentleman who served me was so welcoming I thort he was manger but he was just staff he deserves a raise. As for the food it was so well presented and tasted amazing the chef out done themselves I was amased when I got told there would be a wait in food and when it arrived I also got an apology for wait we was very very happy with everything I will be coming again thank you to all the staff my black haired waiter and chef especially x

London, United Kingdom
“Wont be going back”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Went for lunch on a Saturday after a round of golf at Avington Park.

We both had a fish quiche that was burnt. I don't just mean a bit to brown at the edges, but black at the edges and on the base. Fair enough, sometimes things get left in the oven a bit long, but if you do burn it, don't then serve it! The other strange thing about the quiche was that it was made with sweet pastry - weird.

The salad served with it was also very tired and limp and had clearly not been made that day.

We did the usual British thing of not complaining, in retrospect, we should have done.

The staff were very friendly however and I did have a nice pint, so that's the only thing saving it from a one-star rating.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ed B
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My sons and I visited this restaurant on a Wednesday lunchtime. My son lives in Malta and misses such delicacies as Pheasant.The chef was extremely attentive to our needs and cooked my son a mouth watering whole one! My other son had a sirloin, which was cooked to perfection! I had a trio of starters and my daughter in law had the Tortillini, each dish was more than adequate and presented beautifully. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for 'something a bit special'. Well worth the drive!

• Visited July 2013
“Wow”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have been to the Trout just the other day with my family and they have just got a new chef and the food was amazing so much choice and the flavours were out of this world

• Visited July 2013