“Over-priced and average at best”

Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Chicago, Illinois
“Over-priced and average at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is an average Hampton in a below-average location. There is no way it merits the $110/night rate that my husband and I were charged. That price tag to be situated alongside the highway and next to a grungy, run-down mall. I based this comment on the pricing due to my experience with the Hilton chain and Hamptons in particular. I won't be back and feel we paid way too much.

1 Thank Lisa D
Carey A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Peru, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a Memorial Service. Simone was wonderful when she checked us in and made sure we were next door to other family members. The rooms were so fresh and clean and the breakfast was deluxe. This was by far the kindest and highest quality Hampton Inn we have experienced - great value as well. Thank you, Simone and the entire staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Plano, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stay here every year for girls night. Newer rooms, quiet, w/nice beds. Not so on the sleeper (not stayed at too many places with good sleeper). Larger than avg pool. Friendly staff and cookies with hot beverages upon check in. Breakfast is ok, could do more; if you don't mind mostly carbs, you won't go hungry. In their favor; do have high quality tea and sugar free syrup. Lamps on nightstand have outlets so if you need to pug in things at night, you don't have to search behind the bed for outlets.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Joseph H
Tallmadge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was the 8th Hampton we stayed in during our travels - Check in was confusing as the desk clerk who checked us in was more interested in talking to what she termed were "her regulars" than getting us checked into the room. The room was lovely and we were on the 4th floor so no overhead traffic - this is located right off the highway and in a very busy shopping area, it was very quiet and we slept well. Breakfast was ok - typical Hampton breakfast but something to appeal to most and get your day started. All in all it was a good experience and we would stay there again. I commented about the check in and being irritated by the confusion when we checked out I received a personal call from the manager and explained in detail the experience -she thanked me for calling it to her attention. They do pay attention and aim to please. Will definitely stay at more Hamptons.

Room Tip: The odd number side is away from the Interstate so may be more quiet on that side.
Lena, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excellent in all aspects of stay. Was able to use my hhonors points within hours of making reservations. Always have excellent experiences at Hampton Inns. They had time to answer my questions and I didn't feel rushed. The suite was just what we needed.

Staunton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We experienced a death in the family. We were looking for a place to stay near my husband's hometown. We called and made reservations that day and arrived very late at night. We were very tired and our check-in took very little time. The room was great and the breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was actually traveling back and forth from Princeton each day to stay here while taking care of my grandmother in the hospital/nursing home. I am very glad I did because the staff is super nice and helpful. The beds were super comfy. Air worked great for coolness and noise. Several have commented on the interstate noise. I could hear it, but my AC did drown it out and I slept great. The only noise issues I noticed were the heavy doors slamming as guests entered/exited their rooms. Breakfast was usual Hampton. I didn't use the pool, but did go in to check it out. I appears that they have some toys that stay there for the kids. (nice idea!) I stuck my foot in the hot tub which looked so inviting. It was nice and warm, but I was just too exhausted to go up and change. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Peru? Share your experiences!