“Bugs crawling on you; Manager would not return phone calls”

La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband, our 4-year old son, and I booked a room 2 weeks ago through Hotwire for a room in the LQ Inn in Peru, IL for September 28, 29, and 30, 2012. This was our first time staying at LQ, although we have stayed at various other inns and hotels on his military duties.

We checked in on Friday. At approximately 9:50 pm at night, I was lying in bed watching TV, and suddenly from nowhere, a black bug was crawling on my right forearm. I screamed and jumped, shaking off the bug. My husband called the front desk right away. The front desk lady minimized the problem by saying: “It is probably just a June bug. It happened before and they do not bite”. My husband and I insisted switching rooms. She said she would call us back with a decision. I felt asleep with my clothes on. My husband was woken up twice in the middle of the night with bugs crawling on his face and his arm. He must have pinched one of the bugs dead while he was half asleep and we found the dead bug in his bed the very next day (please see the attached pictures of the dead bug in the bed).

On the next day morning, my husband went to front desk for a solution since we planned to stay here from for three days. The front desk kept saying that we booked through Hotwire and there was nothing they could do in assisting us. My husband stated that we were still consumers in the hotel and requested for a reasonable solution. The front desk told us that their Manager Ms. Monet Parket was paged/called and she will give us a call. By the time we checked out on Sunday, the front desk clerk told us their manager has not called them. Neither did Ms. Parker call us after 36 hours of report of the incident.

7  Thank Jackie J

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We were skeptical about stopping for the night at this hotel in Peru IL, however we were in for a nice surprise. Very clean, service was very friendly, price was cheap, and they are pet friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 23 September 2012

La Quinta was recommended by our daughter in law and we were very impressed with the cleanliness and appointment of the room. Usually hotels showcase the lobby/public areas and skimp on the rooms but these were first rate.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We lucked out and got this hotel on priceline and did we ever get a great deal. As soon as my sister and I arrived and checked in I fell on the bed and told her I was never leaving. Aaaaahhhh. After 10 hours on the road it was great. The pool and hot tub area is enclosed and we were alone to relax and swim, which was great. Shower was nice, room clean and lots of food for breakfast. We really loved this hotel.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I am a traveling nurse that was on my first assignment for 8 weeks. The first motel that my company booked me with was awful I am not sure even how to describe it. So my recuriter told me to just drive to find somewhere else to stay that was safer. I found La Quinta's in Peru. I was not sure what to do at that time but Monet Parker the Assistant General Manager handled everything for me with my company. I checked in on June 11th and they were booked that weekend for a Kid Rock concert but they managed to find a room for me so that would not have to pack up and move.It was a pleasure working with her on this.
The rooms are great, clean and big. Breakfast good. Staff #1 in my book. I checked out on Sept 1 and really hated to leave. They made me feel so welcome and like family.

Room Tip: Please stay here we need people like this in the community.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here recently and while this property only received a two star rating from the online booking we made it seems much nicer. The pillow top beds were comfortable and linens were newish. Plenty of hot water, flat screen tv and quiet air conditioner made me think of staying in a three or even three+ star hotel. Breakfast was typical. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. Receptionist was friendly at checking. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew177
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 10 in Peru
Super 8 Peru Starved Rock State Park

Been to La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park? Share your experiences!