“Amazing!!”

La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We just stayed here for the night to get away from our house, (we were visiting a resort near by) It was super nice, and clean... And we have 2 labs, ones HUGE and they let him stay for free, and were very nice!! I loved it! The room was super clean, Im pretty picky too because i have done housekeeping before.

The breakfast was good, im not a big fan of other peoples cooking, but my husband really enjoyed it once he figured out how to work the waffle thingy lol.

The pool had a very high Chlorine content but it was OK.
The hot tub was SUPER bubbly but the bubbles were pretty entertaining :)

I would totally recommend this hotel to someone staying in the area

Room Tip: Our room was the closest one to the lobby it was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 598aprilj

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Room ok. Grounds really needed mowing etc. especially since it was Memorial Day Weekend. Surrounding hotels looked better. Hotel may have changed ownership as staff not as friendly and outgoing as before. Have stayed twice before when in the area and always pleased. This stay staff had the "not happy with my job" look. Price not that great even with military discount. Not sure if will stay again on yearly visits.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rafsob8
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel chain is always clean, friendly and very comforting on the wallet. The staff has always been accommodating and is fast to react to requests. The decor and cleanliness reflects their pride in pleasing their customers. I especially enjoy that they go over and beyond in recognizing the military members and by giving them special discounts.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My experience was different compared to some of the other guests who have stayed here. I have stayed at a number of La Quintas, in fact, this was a free night, but this La Quinta was average at best. First off you can see the hotel from I 80 but the roads leading to the hotel are confusing so be prepared. Next, be aware that if you are unfortunate enough to stay on the third floor, when you get off the elevator the floor is not level. It actually slopes down about an inch. As Murphy27 said, the third floor was very smoky also which surprised me because I had to sign a paper saying I would not smoke in my room. Then once I got to my room I found that the AC unit was not working properly. I called the front desk and they sent up a man who took off the cover an giggled some wires and it started working; at least while he was in the room. After he left I had to repeat the procedure three times. Maintenance in the bathroom was not up to par either. Some of the tiles on the bathroom floor were cracked. See attached picture. Lastly, the breakfast was just average too. I would recommend the I-Hop next door.

Room Tip: Stay away from the third floor if you don't like smoke!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is one of the better La Quinta hotels around. I recommend this hotel. Hotel is right in town and close to everything. Rooms were in great shape and staff was friendly. Parking was convenient. This La Quinta even had a pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room itself and all of the staff deserve 5 stars, but unfortunately the smoke wafting in from the hallways deserves a big fat 1 star! Supposedly this hotel is 100% smoke free, but on the third floor, where we stayed, there are four smoking rooms down at the end. Although we were far from the smoking rooms, the smoke was still discernible the minute you walked off the elevator. I would stay here again, but definitely not on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 3rd floor unless you are a smoker!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Murphy27
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Abby did a good job of tending to the place, asking often if we needed anything. Her cheerfulness helped counterbalance the Friday evening stay of exuberant young members of teams. We stayed on the second floor. The internet worked very well, hot water was hot, and the beds comfortable. Nearby I-39 was noisy, but tolerable. The Jalapeno restaurant in the adjacent parking lot provided quick service and tasty food from a wide selection. I selected the Burrito Colorado plate. Shopping mall was nearby, too. Morning breakfast selections were sparse but good. Another good stay, confirming our loyalty to La Quinta Suites.

Room Tip: Consider getting a room away from the noisy ice machine-vending area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morris-Madison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Best Western Oglesby Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park? Share your experiences!