All reviews her husband homemade shortbread warm welcome the blue room lovely wine fantastic home cream tea breakfast was amazing place to stay beautiful room little extras rural area irish hospitality ulster fry following morning b and b pot belly
Reviewed 9 November 2015

Our room was the Colonial room which had a marvellous bathroom, tasteful decor,comfortable bed and a view of the pasture. Everything was scrupulously clean and our sheets were the best. This guesthouse/boutique hotel was peaceful and calm. I enjoyed our hostess Joyce who made us feel very welcome and made the best breakfast ever. I am an insomniac at times, and I loved being able to go down and sit in the most comfortable lounge and read during the night. A pleasure to stay here.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scuba_Diver56
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

So this was an unexpected business night away, kind of wished I hadn't been working as could have enjoyed it better.
There was nothing bad about this stay! It was 5* in every way.
Amazing 4 poster bed with good mattress. Books to read, luxury leather chair, biscuits, fresh milk, luxury decor, bathroom, roll top bath, and I could go on!
I didn't get to experience the full benefits of breakfast as had to shoot off but what I did have was very tasty and only the best ingredients used.
Lovely rural location with some great pubs and restaurants nearby. I went to the sintons on the bridge which was high quality.
I want to stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2015

We discovered Blackwell House when we were looking for somewhere to stay for our 20th wedding anniversary and it was a simply wonderful experience from start to finish. We arrived to a warm welcome from Joyce and Steve and after we settled into the Colonial Room, we were treated to home made scones and tea which were just wonderful. We then went out for a walk along the nearby Ulster Canal and then came back later for dinner. We were the only guests for dinner that night and having chosen earlier, we were treated to 3 amazing courses in our own 'private restaurant' - simply superb. The attention to detail in the room was amazing and everything was so thoughtfully done; the welcome letter, the bed (with turndown), the hospitality tray, the huge bathroom with double-shower and bathrobes. Breakfast was another triumph with a cold table and then a choice of hot breakfasts cooked to order. We had the scrambled egg and smoked salmon and the ulster fry - both were cooked to perfection and tasty - the eggs were particularly good, but then Joyce has her own. All in all, this was an exceptional stay in every respect from exceptional hosts and we will definitely return. Thanks for making our anniversary SO special.

Room tip: All rooms have great views of the rolling countryside.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2015

As a regular commuter to the area, what a relief to find somewhere so stunning to stay - comfortable, stylish, immaculately clean, with home-cooked breakfasts and dinners that can only be described as restaurant quality - in fact, better than many restaurants I've eaten in - so very delicious (home-baked bread!), and with such a warm welcome from Joyce that you feel like a guest in her own home. There are only three rooms, all different in decor but all equally lovely, the cost being directly related to their size, but even the smallest is spacious. Wifi is available in the rooms and in the communal areas, there are HD TVs in the rooms, with baskets of DVDs, magazines and books available, water, tea and coffe-making facilities with fresh milk and biscuits are placed in the rooms - everything is so well considered. I am delighted that I have found somewhere so lovely to stay when I'm travelling with work, and I hope not too many people find out about this place or I won't be able to get a room!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AnitaT947
Reviewed 15 September 2015

So this was a last minute find for us. We were looking for something close to Belfast and it is about 35 minutes away. There is nothing wrong with this Inn only right. The rooms are beautifully decorated with amazing beds, so comfortable. The bathroom was wonderful also. Joyce, the owner was so nice and a wonderful cook. We had tea when we got in with great great scones, all home made. We decided to have dinner at the Inn and were not disappointed. Really Really good cook. This is one of the most relaxing places i've stayed and if I'm ever in the area again will will differently go back.

Room tip: they are ALL amazing.
Date of stay: September 2015