All reviews her husband homemade shortbread warm welcome the blue room lovely wine on arrival fantastic home breakfast was amazing place to stay beautiful room little extras rural area irish hospitality ulster fry following morning b and b colonial room
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I have stayed in many places for my work, but Blackwell House has to be one of the finest. Joyce's hospitality is second to none and my room was perfect. I would highly recommend you take up the offer of an evening meal. The house is in a very peaceful setting guaranteeing a very good nights sleep.
Many thanks Joyce and I wish you continued success.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Joyce B, Owner at Blackwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Thank you so much for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I have stayed away many times myself on business so I know how important finding a comfortable, quiet, relaxing place is to have a good nights sleep.
I would love to see you again some time when you pass my way,

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Joyce rang me earlier in the week before our stay to say that, unfortunately she could not provide dinner or be there for our stay due to a family bereavement. Under the circumstances we would have absolutely understood if she had to cancel our stay completely. Instead she booked us into a great local restaurant and paid for our taxi. She also recruited her friends Evelyn & Brian to look after us during our stay and cook us breakfast. We were so well looked after, bubbly on arrival, taxi great , recommended restaurant was lovely. Breakfast was amazing. Joyce you have a lovely home, our room was fabulous including a lovely reading area beside the fireplace which my husband loved. Thank you so much for having us looked after so well in your absence. Evelyn & Brian we had a lovely evening and breakfast in your company. I highly recommend a visit to Blackwell house for any type of visit, business or pleasure. Thank you all very much.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBWard2015

Dear J,

Thank you so much for being so understanding of my situation. I am delighted that you enjoyed The Pot Belly Restaurant it is one of our favourites.
I am lucky to have two great friends who were able to stand in at the last moment, I know they enjoyed meeting you and having a great evenings craic.
I hope that maybe in the future sometime you may come back to visit us so I can get to meet you,

Reviewed 20 February 2016

if you are looking at this guest house book it you will not be disappointed, the rooms the food the host are all exceptional, i highly reccomend this place to you, joyce the host is so nice and helpfull and nothing is to much trouble, she is a wonderfull cook and will cook you dinner or if you want to venture out she will point you in the direction of somewhere close that you will enjoy. there are no bad points to staying in blackwell house.

Room tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of Blackwell House. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come again to stay will us when you are in the area.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

We loved the place, from the home made scones and jam on the arrival, the amazing 5 course dinner and some lovely wine, with so many extras, it was a weekend not to forget.

The room was great (Colonial one), the design and outline was perfect with a large number of books and magazines to read! The bath was amazing and we enjoyed every bit.

We definitely recommend for a stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Everything was perfect. Afternoon tea with warm homemade scones and jam. Dinner was amazing served by the owners with loads of little extras.. homemade breads, gin shots and fresh flowers. Book this guesthoue you won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple