“Good Value”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pinckneyville
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Just needed a cheap place to stay while traveling thru Southern Illinois. Desk staff was friendly, room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Oh, it was cheap also. Worked great for what we needed. Coffee was terrible, but there is a big gas station next door if you want good coffee.
Sits a couple miles east of town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 04HOG
pypat83, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

We like to thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback regarding our facility. We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you next time when you're in our area.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Although probably average quality for a Super 8, $55 + tax seems way too much for what you get. The room is outdated, grimy carpet and old beds. The toilet seat was also broken. The front desk was friendly, though, but that was the only plus.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Tania-in-Georgia

First of all I like to apologize for any inconvenience you faced at our facility. We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. I once again apologize that you did not feel that way. Please accept my sincere apology and give us another try if you are in the area again. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 October 2011

I was in town for the funeral of my grandfather, so I wasn't super picky about where I would be staying. Pinckneyville is a very small town anyway, so there isn't exactly much to choose from. I'm not really one to whine and moan about a cheap hotel, because, um, it's a cheap hotel. I will just say that don't expect much peace and quiet if you stay here. The walls are very thin. Everything seemed clean though.

Room Tip: The 1 king bed room close to the service desk if bigger than the 1 king bed room at the back entranc...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

I am extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the high standard of service that we pride ourselves on to you. Please know your feedback is very important to us, so I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback.

Once again sorry for any inconveniences you faced and hope you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Love this place. We came in town for a baseball tournament. The staff was the friendliest I have had the pleasure of meeting in a very long time. It seems as though the time of good customer service has gone by the way side, but not here. The rooms were clean and well stocked. Funny story.... we had all checked out because we thought the tourney was coming to an end, we got rained out. We all returned here to check back in. Imagine two complete baseball teams returning and needing rooms. The staff was very patient and found us all rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kellie1210
pypat83, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to comment about our hotel, we all really appreciate it. It was wonderful having all of you stay at our hotel and glad that we were able to accomodate all of you. We would love to be of service to you again if you are ever in the area. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 February 2011

This was probably not the best hotel for cleanliness. The maids did a poor job of cleaning, such as taking shortcuts. The biggest thing would have been the sheets not being changed. I know this, because I used to work as a housekeeper in a hotel. If there is hair on the sheets, they have not been changed! This is disgusting, since this is someone else's dead skin cells on those sheets! I found a partially used shampoo bottle in the bathroom, which should have been discarded. The coffee pot had stains on it. The turntable in the microwave had a big stain on it, and there was also a stain behind the microwave. I also found garbage on the floor. In the morning, we were locked out of our room before check-out time. We had to have this corrected by the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank c7silvers

We are extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the high standard of service that we pride ourselves on to you. We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement such as housekeeping is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards

Please know your feedback is very important to us and the issues you had mentioned have been resolved. So I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback.

Reviewed 7 October 2010

I booked the stay using Super 8's website. I had stayed here before and there was no pet charge, so when I only saw that "Pet's welcome" was on the website and no charge listed, I assumed it was as stated.

When I checked in, I was told that there was an additional charge for the pet. When I questioned this and stated that it was not on their website, the clerk got on their website and drilled down several pages until she found it on a page that was not used for reservations and stated that I should have found it there.

I then asked to cancel my stay and she told me that I had to give them 24 hours notice so they would charge me for tonight anyway. Talk about bait and switch: Oh, yeah, there's an extra charge and if you don't want to pay it, we'll charge you anyway.

Next time we'll stay in DuQuoin!

PS: For you pool lovers: The pool room was not designed, but simply built by the contractor, and therefore has no ventilation and no pool dehumidification system. It is so humid there that when they can't open the windows, condensed water literally rains from the ceiling, air devices, lighting, smoke/heat sensors, etc. The cheap particle board or OSB that the contractor used is sagging and when it gets wet (heavy) enough, it will come crashing down. For those of you familiar with HVAC systems, they have simply used a residential grade fan coil to condition this space.

Regarding the quality of the rooms, there are probably twenty black marks (probably from shoe soles) on the walls and other minor wall damage. The rack above the close hanger rod is broken too. I asked at the front desk and they said that they tracked the damage every day and wouldn't charge us for this damage. I hope this is true.

I recommend that you find someplace else for your stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DBM_SC
pypat83, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2010

I am extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the high standard of service that we pride ourselves on to your and your family. Please know your feedback is very important to us, so I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback. Py, Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2010

The few nights I spend at the Super 8 in Pinckneyville were enjoyable and without any major problems. The room (a non-smoking room with 2 double beds) was clean, though not fancy or brand new, and included a coffee maker, refridgerator, and microwave. We needed extra pillows, an iron and ironing board, and a few other things which the front desk assistant provided happily and with a smile. Even though she seemed pretty busy, she took the time to tell us about the restaurants in the area and give us directions to various places in town. Our room was missing a couple of bath towels, but she apologized and brought several directly to our door. The pool area could use some work, but it was clean. The breakfast was simple (bagels, english muffins, cereal, pastries, oatmeal, etc) but still more than many motels provide for their "continental breakfast" of donuts and coffee. For $65 plus tax on a weekend, this hotel was a pretty good deal.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wheresmaine

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback regarding our facility. We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you next time when you're in our area. Py, Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinckneyville
Best Western U. S. Inn
8 mi away
Super 8 Du Quoin
Super 8 Du Quoin
#1 of 2 in DuQuoin

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!