“A tasty, consistent choice for texmex food in Pontiac.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of le mex

Ranked #12 of 35 Restaurants in Pontiac
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Gridley, Illinois
“A tasty, consistent choice for texmex food in Pontiac.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I enjoy authentic Mexican and texmex food. La Mex is always a tasty choice for texmex food in the area. The food is very consistent, the service prompt. I usually order the Texas Burrito, which is delicious. Also, they make a tasty margarita, which are 1/2 price on certain nights. I believe it's Tuesday. They also have the 64oz margarita, which I've yet to tackle. One of these days.

Visited April 2013

Illinois
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Great service and delicious Mexican food! We eat here often. Prices are reasonable and the food is good!

Visited February 2013
Pontiac, IL
“This is the worst Mexican Restaurants I've ever eaten at.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I love Mexican food and was delighted to have a group dinner there last December. I ordered flautas with rice and beans. It was so bad, I couldn't eat it. I don't know why this place is so popular but I can't stand the food. I've been there several times before and it wasn't very good then either (the food). Perhaps it's because I don't drink. The service is okay. Mexicans run it so I expected really good Mexican food. I'm from California and have had some of the best. There was an outstanding Mexican restaurant in Bloomington and it went out of business. I just don't understand it but I won't go back here.

• Visited December 2011
illinois
“good mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

This is out of the way but it's probably the best Mexican restaurant for miles around. Very good food, very good service, very reliable. The Nachos Supreme were enough for two. Add a Corona or two and it's a wonderful night to be in Pontiac.