“Great setting, food has room for improvement.”

DeLongs Casual DIning
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Pontiac
Cuisines: American
Description: They are next to the Auto museum and poster museum in Pontiac, across from the courthouse. Outdoor seating. known for their ice cream.
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I sincerely appreciate the architecture of older buildings and DeLongs is set in a very neat old building on the picturesque downtown square in Pontiac, Illinois. If the food matched the setting I could give this restaurant an "Excellent" rating. My wife and I split a hamburger "Horseshoe" (basically a hamburger with fries on top and smothered in cheese sauce. The burger patty though cooked and seasoned well and flavorful was oddly small. It wasn't even the size of a quarter pound patty at the place with the yellow arches. (I just can't bring myself to write the name.) Twice the meat would have been about the right amount. The fries still had the potato skin on and had a nice crunch, that is until the copious amount of very orange cheese sauce (most likely from a can) had some time to soak in. We had ordered our Horseshoe with rye bread which was a good choice but would have benefited from being toasted. Sourdough bread a bit thicker sliced would have been perfect but that was not an option. A co-worker had recommended DeLongs and specifically the Horseshoe. I will be a bit more skeptical the next time he recommends something. The service was okay. We had to wait a bit for our ticket when we were finished but otherwise no complaints there. It was reasonably priced anyway.

1  Thank Andrew M

Reviewed 17 June 2013

the food was good and they had outdoor seating which I enjoyed however it took quite a while to get my food.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Always good food with fresh ingredients. LOVE the chicken pot pie soup! Also love the tin ceilings, mural of "Dad", beautiful woodworking and warm upstairs seating! A real treat for a meal out.

1  Thank Jane D