“Clean & great people”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pontiac
Pontiac, Illinois
“Clean & great people”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean and quite comfortable, but the experience was made by the excellent customer service I received. From check-in to a follow up call to handling a broken smoke detector, AJ at the front desk made the stay very pleasant. He was cheerful and helpful, exactly the smiling face this weary traveler needed.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here and love it! It was so easy to get to after getting off of 55. The rooms look like they were redone and simply beautiful! The young lady working the desk Monday night was fabulous!! I must have talked to her for 45 minutes. I felt like I was arriving at home and not just a hotel off the interstate. If more desk staff were like this young lady I believe we would all sleep a little better at night away from home. Thank you Quality Inn Pontiac for a very pleasant stay. If I'm in the area again ill be sure to give you my business.

• Stayed October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the location as a last resort.... on a road trip and passing through on our way to Chicago. The woman at the front desk - on July 5th was very friendly. We checked in at 2am and went right to bed. About 15 minutes after settling in, we heard the door open and was banged two or three times to try to open past the "bar" lock! We were shocked! My husband got up and reluctantly opened the door. He saw the woman from the front desk walking down the hall - he asked her what was going on? She said she was checking rooms! Seriously? At 2:30am this woman was randomly "checking rooms"!!!! Needless to say - I spent a sleepless night after that.
The room was fairly clean but very out dated and old. They need new linens and bedspreads badly!
On a positive note - we told the morning front desk clerk about what happened and she was also shocked. She agreed that there was no reason for her to be "checking rooms"!
She gave us refund for our stay.
We left by 8am - very tired!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pontiac hotels

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We did not stay, even though hotels.com showed vacancies. :( but the front desk girl (10pm 5/18) was sweet, kind and helpful and gave a great recommendation for breakfast - Uncle Tom's, now just Toms. Very nice to have made her acquaintance.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fitz49525
Peoria, AZ
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. The bed was very comfortable! Breakfast was better than what I have typically had at Quality Inn with good biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, and nice fresh fruit.

• Stayed May 2013
chesterfield, mo
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed here to ride out a blizzard on I55. It was a bit old, billed on google as a holiday inn express, but fine for the nite. Breakfast was ok- hot and cold items available which is better than many places. Cost was $100/ nite which I thought was a bit high.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Troy, MI
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The first thing I always notice about a hotel/motel I'm arriving at is whether they have an automatic door. This Quality Inn does not have an automatic door and that sort of set the tone for my stay. I hate trying to drag my suitcase thru the door while it's (the door) trying to slam on my butt. I know automatic doors are expensive to install but the door is the first thing your guests see when they arrive and it is the last thing to hit them in the butt as they leave.

The room we had, number 111, was clean and well stocked with linens and pillows - no complaint about that. The AC worked well and cooled the room to our satisfaction. My reservation confirmation indicated that my room was to have a refigerator - no refigerator was to be found in the room. The bathroom was in need of the usual "hotel" maintenance items, slow drain, shower curtain rod barely hanging on for it's life, loose faucet handles, etc. The most annoying thing was the exhaust fan - it was noisy and did absolutely nothing except make noise. The worst I've ever seen for performance. Good thing the AC worked to clear the humidity from the room.

I'll try the Best Western across the drive the next time I'm in Pontiac, Illinois and I will be back but that's another review.

Room Tip: We had room 111 and the noise level was what you would/should expect from a hotel of this vintage an...