“Clean and comfortable”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 26 December 2009

Nice clean rooms, great staff, easy check-in and out. Staff went out of their way to be sure our crew that came in on an emergency was well provided for.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton

Reviewed 12 August 2009

My husband and I were on our way to Des Moines and this was the halfway mark for us. This place was absolutely clean, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast was great. The only downside was the pool was a little cool for us but it was starting to lightning so we had to get out anyway. Then the Direct Tv went out because of the storm, so we went to bed earlier than planned. The place is quiet as can be...we could hardly tell it was storming outside. The breakfast consisted of waffles, breakfast sandwiches, cereal bars, pancakes, yogurt, milk, juice, cereal, fruit and all your other typical continental things. There was a worker taking care of the breakfast area constantly...nothing ever ran out!! The rooms are all decorated with log cabins in mind...very classy. I would highly recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank bearmom465
Reviewed 22 December 2008

This is a relatively new property in Princteton. As such, it is very clean. The design of the lobby area is large, welcoming, and homey. Rooms are comfortable. Great free breakfast. Super-nice and helpful staff. Within walking distance of a few eateries and a Super Wal-mart. Microwave and fridge in room.

The pool seemed unheated and cool and I could not take it for long. Also, while swimming one evening, 10 or so folks from off the street came in, still dressed in their winter coats, to change and go swimming. Clearly they were not motel guests. No big deal, just kind of weird. How did they get in? Maybe the motel has a swim-only membership program as some motels and hotels do.

Anyway, if you are staying in Princeton or nearby, this is clearly your best choice.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Karl38
Reviewed 12 August 2008

My experience at Americinn in Princeton, IL was horrible. The hotel appearance was overall nice however what I have gone through since I left the hotel is worth telling about. I got to work Monday morning after my stay and decided to check my online bank statement because I had forgot to log the charges in my checkbook register and wanted to be sure of the actual amount. As I looked, they had charged me an extra $300!!! So, of course, I called to find out what was going on and they said that $200 was from my 2nd room and someone had smoked cigarettes in it. I took full responsibility for that and so did my friends that actually stayed in the room. The other $100 they said was a charge towards a $900 fee for a broken tv! The tv was broken when I got into the room but I failed to report it because I didn't get into the room until 1:00am after I had been at a wedding reception all night. When the tv was turned off you could not tell that it was broke, so when I checked in at 5:00pm I did not even notice it was broke until 1:00am when I turned the tv on. Did I fail to report it?-Yes I did, but did I break it?- no I didn't. The hotel staff claims that the tv was completely shattered when they walked in and that someone had clearly punched it with a knuckle. Bottom line is that the hotel took money from my checking account without informing me of any of the charges before they did it. I spoke with a hotel manager from a different hotel that had been in the business for many years and he had never heard of such a thing. How can they prove that I did it? They cannot prove it but yet I still have to pay $900 for a tv that I didn't break (nor did anyone with me) on a 21 year old, female, full-time college student salary! Now I have to go through a bunch of legal stuff to try to get it straightned out. I signed papers saying that I was liable for damages done to the room while I was staying there, I am not about to pay for something that the person before me or before them obviously did. Maybe someone reading this may think that I am lying to try to get out of paying for it, which is fine, I am not concerned with what others think when I know what is true but I want to warn everyone staying in this hotel to watch your bank account, and if anyone has had a similar exerience to mine I would love to hear about it.

Stayed: August 2008
6  Thank srich4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Days Inn Princeton
#2 of 4 in Princeton
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!