“A Quick Business Stay: Clean, Comfortable, Great Staff, & Great Breakfast!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Prospect Heights, IL
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel; I pretty much crashed when I got in at 6:30 pm and hustled out after breakfast the next morning, but I was impressed with what I saw. This was a business trip for Daniels Training Services. I was there to conduct Hazardous Waste & US DOT HazMat Training at a local business. As for the hotel: Easy access. Good parking. Friendly and professional staff at check-in. My room was clean and comfortable with good-operating heating system (who would think I'd be using the heater in mid-April!) Most important to me on this trip was the breakfast in the morning, which I liked. The hotel also had some other amenities I didn't use: Exercise Room, Bar/Lounge, and video gaming. A good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Comfort I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Prospect Heights, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Dear guest, Thank You for your nice comments. We appreciate your comment and glad to hear that your stay was excellent this it's why we are here to make experience unforgettable. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments! Best Regards, Catriz Canario.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My first impression upon arriving after a long day driving was wow/ I loved the lobby and staff was very friendly and helpful. I drive truck and I travel all over Canada and usa this is one of the best comfort inns ever! For the price I was very pleased and the breakfast was good. I would recommend if in area to stay here you will love it.All so there is a mall beside it with 4 rest. And shopping , the hotel has a Bar and Grill in it that does room service if you want .The room was very clean and the beds were excellent the best one I stayed at. YET.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim C
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The first impression upon walking into the Comfort was how pretty and not typical mid-priced hotel. Perhaps being located in a Chicago suburb steps it up some. Very nice just the same. The area this facility is located looks more industrial so I was nt sure what to expect upon enrptering so I was pleased.

Hotel desk staff was nice. My room was spacious (king and queen bed) plenty of space to move around in if sharing with others tho I was solo. My room faced the road. I could hear the heavy traffic all evening but I was ok with it. It becomes "white noise" after a while....and very quiet as the night goes on. Traffic noise was not evident in the wee hours. As it picked up, it became my "alarm clock" no problem for me. I am an early riser. If you dont want to hear traffic, ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

The room came equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. I did not use them but nice to know for the next trip. I enjoyed my space.

The breakfast area is in the Arcadia restaurant . Scrabbled eggs, sausage and the usual hotel hotel (and home) options. Good! The coffee was LAME. If I have one disappointing item to be critical of it is my morning coffee. It was flavorless. Someone should address this. I love a couple of hot cups of coffee and theirs disappointed me.

I would also suggest some brighter lighting in the morning. Seems kind of dark in the Arcadia for the breakfast time. Not a lot of patrons were there when I was dining. Maybe people retreated back to their rooms. Otherwise, no big deal. Just like some light in the morning.

Overall, i was happy with my room, the hotel, the usual expectations were met. I am sure that I will stay here if I come back for business.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2013

There were 5 of us and the deal we've got was very good - only $75 per night. The room and bathroom were clean, however there were only 3 sets of towels. When we called the front desk in the morning to get extra towels we're promised but those towels never appeared until we called again in the evening. We arrived at about 1 am but the clerk (Ray or Ron) was very quick and courteous. When we discovered there was no blanket or sheets for the sofa bed we called and they were delivered immediately (unlike those towels, that happened later). Breakfast was quite good, included eggs made for you, Belgian waffles with choice of batter, etc. This was included in our really low price. So all in all, I consider it to be a great value stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The front desk clerk that checked us in (I believe his name is Ron) was very friendly and helpful. The room was ok. It was clean. The faucet for the bathroom tub was leaking. The caulk around the tube either is moldy (cuz it was black) or the caulk needs to be re-applied. Ok place to stay if you have an event to go to in the area (we went to a wedding at Old Orchard Country Club which is less than 10 minutes away) .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Check in was quick which was good as we arrived late and were exhausted. Rooms were nice and spacious, no problem with cleanliness. Not the best tasting coffee and breakfast okay. Like the decor - looks like it has recently been updated. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We spent the night of Sept. 19 at the Comfort Inn in Prospect Heights, compliments of Lufthansa, after a delayed flight caused us to miss a connection at O'Hare returning from Europe. The room was spacious and well-equipped, and although a smoking room (we arrived late and no non-smoking rooms were available), to our great relief it did not smell of smoke. However, room cleaning and maintenance were unacceptably poor. The room had two burned-out light bulbs, there were many scuff marks on the walls and doors, the desk and dresser had numerous gouges, the chair arms were badly chewed up, there were numerous soap drips on the bathroom mirror, and worst of all, a used bar of soap from the prior guest had been left in the shower. I've stayed literally hundreds of nights in hotels, and this is the first time I've encountered used soap in a hotel room.

However, worse than these problems was our experience with the night manager. We were picked up by the hotel limo, but on leaving the airport, a traffic accident prevented the driver from taking his normal route to the expressway, and he told us he would have to take surface streets. After an seemingly interminable time, the driver acknowledged he was lost and stopped at a gas station to get directions. We retraced our route back towards the airport and the driver found his way to the hotel, but the normal 15 minute trip took 45-60 minutes instead. The delay was particularly difficult as we had been up almost 24 hours at that point and were exhausted.

On arrival, we checked in with the night manager but nothing was said about the long trip to the hotel. After the check-in was complete, I mentioned that the trip to the hotel had taken nearly an hour because the driver had gotten lost, thinking the manager might have been unaware of the situation. I was shocked when she responded, "He wasn't lost, he was rerouted!" I replied that he had, in fact, gotten lost, and that was the major cause of the delay. At this point she mumbled a begrudging and insincere apology. Knowing about the problem, she should have immediately offered an sincere apology upon our arrival. Instead she chose to ignore the issue, and upon my bringing it up, chose to argue (erroneously) with me about the cause! This was very poor customer relations on the part of the manager, and left me feeling angry and disrespected.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LCKen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prospect Heights
Ramada Plaza Chicago North Shore
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Prospect Heights, IL? Share your experiences!