“Good Place to Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stopped here for a night on my trip through the States as it is pet friendly. It was a little odd that the pet friendly rooms are up on the top floor and not down closer to the door for taking them out but other than that, it was a good night. The room was clean and the air conditioner was already going (it was a very humid day). Breakfast was better than most "included" meals I've had in other places, including scrambled eggs and sausages along with the usual fare. Overall, not a high class hotel but for the price, definitely worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend came up to visit me and booked a room on the 17th of May, she stayed there a month before as well. After checking in to our room we saw that it wasn't cleaned at all, the beds were a mess, the toilet was clogged with a wash cloth and smelled like cigarettes even though it was a non-smoking room. The manager said that the only other room available was a handicap room we took it bc of a reservation at the restaurant. The hotel had a party going on in the conference room at around 5 pm. We didn't return till 10 pm and could still hear the music play on the 3rd floor. We told the night management and to a surprise we weren't the only ones complaining. We left to go see a movie since we couldn't go to sleep, and when we came back at 1am it was still going on. Again we complained to be brushed off.. 3 weeks later my account gets hit with another charge from the hotel stating that we were a no show. We still haven't heard anything from the manager of the hotel and haven't been refunded any money including the 3 times they charged the account and over drafted it by $90 dollars... We'll never stay here ever again..

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven E
Dixon, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I picked this hotel due to the fact that I did have a good stay in March of this year. This stay however was the worse stay of my life. When I arrived the front desk had to ask me for my information when I already had a confirmation number to give them. After checking in I went up to my room only to find out that it was dirty and not what I booked. They did give me a different room but also not what I requested and was also not the cleanest. We ended up having to leave the property around 10pm just to get come peace and quiet due to a very loud party going on downstairs. Upon arriving back at the hotel at 1am, the party was still going on so I stopped at the desk and asked when they will be shutting down. She stated that they are now due to numerous complaints from other guest. About a week later from staying at this property, I found an extra charge from them. Upon calling to see what it was about they informed me it was a no show charge. My question is how can I get a no show charge when I stayed in the room? I do not recommend this property and will not be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Melissa R
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel was chosen for its convenient location near a Northbrook, IL business where I was to conduct HazMat Employee and RCRA training. I didn't get to see or use much of the hotel, but what I did correlates with the other reviews: impressive lobby, friendly staff, good price, and very good breakfast (hot & cold foods with a good variety). It also had a large bar and video gaming which I was not interested in and could be a negative for some. Unfortunately, the hotel has not yet taken the USEPA H2O WaterSense Challenge. I will definitely stay at this hotel whenever business brings me back to this area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Comfort I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, responded to this review, 17 November 2014
Dear guest, Thank You for your nice comments. We appreciate your comment and glad to hear that your stay was excellent this it's why we are here to make experience unforgettable. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments! Best Regards, Catriz Canario.
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel; I pretty much crashed when I got in at 6:30 pm and hustled out after breakfast the next morning, but I was impressed with what I saw. This was a business trip for Daniels Training Services. I was there to conduct Hazardous Waste & US DOT HazMat Training at a local business. As for the hotel: Easy access. Good parking. Friendly and professional staff at check-in. My room was clean and comfortable with good-operating heating system (who would think I'd be using the heater in mid-April!) Most important to me on this trip was the breakfast in the morning, which I liked. The hotel also had some other amenities I didn't use: Exercise Room, Bar/Lounge, and video gaming. A good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My first impression upon arriving after a long day driving was wow/ I loved the lobby and staff was very friendly and helpful. I drive truck and I travel all over Canada and usa this is one of the best comfort inns ever! For the price I was very pleased and the breakfast was good. I would recommend if in area to stay here you will love it.All so there is a mall beside it with 4 rest. And shopping , the hotel has a Bar and Grill in it that does room service if you want .The room was very clean and the beds were excellent the best one I stayed at. YET.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kim C
IL
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The first impression upon walking into the Comfort was how pretty and not typical mid-priced hotel. Perhaps being located in a Chicago suburb steps it up some. Very nice just the same. The area this facility is located looks more industrial so I was nt sure what to expect upon enrptering so I was pleased.

Hotel desk staff was nice. My room was spacious (king and queen bed) plenty of space to move around in if sharing with others tho I was solo. My room faced the road. I could hear the heavy traffic all evening but I was ok with it. It becomes "white noise" after a while....and very quiet as the night goes on. Traffic noise was not evident in the wee hours. As it picked up, it became my "alarm clock" no problem for me. I am an early riser. If you dont want to hear traffic, ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

The room came equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. I did not use them but nice to know for the next trip. I enjoyed my space.

The breakfast area is in the Arcadia restaurant . Scrabbled eggs, sausage and the usual hotel hotel (and home) options. Good! The coffee was LAME. If I have one disappointing item to be critical of it is my morning coffee. It was flavorless. Someone should address this. I love a couple of hot cups of coffee and theirs disappointed me.

I would also suggest some brighter lighting in the morning. Seems kind of dark in the Arcadia for the breakfast time. Not a lot of patrons were there when I was dining. Maybe people retreated back to their rooms. Otherwise, no big deal. Just like some light in the morning.

Overall, i was happy with my room, the hotel, the usual expectations were met. I am sure that I will stay here if I come back for business.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prospect Heights
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Ramada Plaza Chicago North Shore
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights? Share your experiences!