“Couldn't have asked for a better stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Southcentral Alaska
“Couldn't have asked for a better stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

This is the first hotel experience I've ever had that was absolutely perfect. The staff was very courteous and professional. The housecleaning services were exceptional- thorough yet respectful of guests' personal items. The continental breakfast had a surprising number of choices, including two different hot food selections every day. The road in front of the property was undergoing construction, but that should be completed later this year (2009); maintenance is performed during reasonable daytime hours. The location is in the pleasant suburbs, far enough away from the chaos of downtown Chicago to ensure a restful environment, yet close enough to area attractions to be desirable.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Buffalo Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

I stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham and it was just excellent from the start! Front desk was very helpful and even offered a free lifetime fitness guest pass. As i arrived to my room it felt just like home. The rooms are very spacious and fully equiped! The next morning i steped down for what i would say a "delicious hot breakfast". After that i took advantage of my lifetime fitness pass,the place is amazing!!!!! i would definately recommend it to anyone!!!!

• Stayed March 2009
Comfort I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again the next time you travel to the area.

Catriz Canario
California city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

The one thing i can say about this hotel is that my check in went smoothley and quickly the service is outstanding the front desk goes out of there way to help you out as much as they can. I was really hungry and the time of check in was at 12 Pm and the front desk person called this pizza place to stay open for me until i can order my food, i think , that was very generous of him. I recommend anybody that is staying in the chicago area to stay at this location, because it reallly does feel like home sweethome.!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
los angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

as a businessman who travels a lot i know how it important to find a hotel where you could just relax and try to get away from the hassle of work and travel,. wingate provides a sophisticated atmosphere without being to uptight,. the staff was very helpful and the rooms were very comfortable,.ive been to a lot of hotels good and bad and i could honestly say this hotel is one of the good ones,.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2009

I had stayed at this hotel last year and boy what a change! They have renovated their rooms including a flat panel television and new modern looking rooms. The breakfast was great! They offered Cheese Omelets and Bacon which was an awesome start to my day before my meetings! The price was a great value - cost was less than others nearby. The front desk was helpful in finding me a restaurant to eat dinner and gave excellent directions. I will definately stay here again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Bella Vista, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2007

I have to agree with the poster who said that the shuttle service was the downfall of this hotel.

We flew into Palwaukee airport which is less than 5 miles from the hotel. They didn't have time to come pick us up!!! When we got to the hotel we asked if the van would take us to a restaurant nearby. They would take us, but could not pick us up.

Don't advertise a shuttle if you're incapable of providing the service!!!

• Liked — Free internet access
  • Disliked — nonexistant shuttle service
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mike W
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2007

The hotel itself was ok (nothing special, just adequate). The first room we were given hadn't been made up yet. However, the big problem was with the shuttle service. The hotel advertises an airport shuttle, which I called the night before to confirm, but when I arrived at O'Hare at 4:30, I was told the shuttle wouldn't be available until 8 pm (!) This resulted in an expensive cab ride. Then the next morning, we were told the shuttle would go back to ORD at 11. It didn't actually leave until 12:30 (and turned out to be a bus full of rowdy conventioneers). The worst part was when we arrived at the airport, my friend and I were told we'd have to pay $20 each! This was never mentioned by the clerk and is ridiculous for such poor service. An email to the manager was ignored. Avoid this hotel, there are far better choices for the money.

• Stayed September 2007
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights? Share your experiences!