“Comeback of the century”

Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Muscatine, Iowa, United States
“Comeback of the century”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Listen up folks. I'm a PFC in the Army Reserves. One weekend a month I make a treck down to Quincy, IL. This hotel is the hotel assigned by our unit to stay in for free. After reading some reviews from past years I was reluctant to stay here. LET ME TELL YOU FOLKS. I was presently, presently surprised. Ladies and Gentleman reading, let me be the first to tell you that after knew management, this hotel has done an about face. (Army term for turn around.) The rooms are great to stay in, the wifi is free, the breakfast is delicious, the staff is both professional and friendly. This is a must for anyone in the military and they aim to please. The manager is always at the front counter ready to help, unlike most hotels and I felt very welcomed and appreciated. Feel free to stay here, you won't regret it and the price is something you just can't beat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Very pleased with my two month stay in Quincy at the Eagles Nest Motel! My room is very nicely remodeled and house keeping does a grExtended eat job. Free breakfast, internet is great. Laundry on the property make it ideal for an extended stay.

Illinois
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed at the Eagles Nest Hotel for one night. Got the Jacuzzi Suite (room 226) Very Impressive! Unit had a single King bed with pillow top matress. Decor was very nice. Room was clean and very spacious, this room would be great for a Honeymoon or special occasion, it had a nice seating area. Bathroom was very clean and bright, it had a shower with no tub, but who needs a bathtub with this state of art Jacuzzi tub! Jacuzzi tub was for two people, with high Tech controls, I did not use the Jacuzzi, but it looked new and very clean. Unit had a nice flat screen TV mounted on the wall, with refrigerator and microwave. Overall I would rate this room as superior, I could not find any faults! The staff were very professional and friendly, enjoyed speaking at length with manager. The property looked very nice overall, it had indoor pool (which I did not use) and also had an exercise room (which I did not use). The breakfast I did not sample, so I could not review it, I was on a business trip and got there late and left early, wish I had more time to enjoy the property. Parking was spacious and will lighted. Overall, my experience was great and I would recommend this Hotel.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel was in decent shape and for the price you can't beat it. Not a five star resort but I had no major complaints during my 2 day stay.

Located near the Mississippi River and near a fantastic BBQ restaurant. Next time you're in town and on a budget then hit it up.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel because there was some sort of convention and UNFORTUNATELY it was the only one with rooms available.
When I walked into the hotel, it smelled like stale cigarettes and chlorene (so they do have a pool.)
The staff was rude and seemed inconvenienced that they had to do any work to check me in. I reluctantly checked into a "nonsmoking" room which had obviously veen smoked in A LOT. There was
no elevator to the floor that my room was on so I had to lug my bags upstairs to the second floor.
I won't say too much about my room because the list of horrors would be too long.
Let me just say, BUGS!!!!!!!! AND FILTH!!!!!! AND SMOKE SMELLS!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kevin G

Travellers are raving about these Quincy hotels

Auburn, Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a good value, this hotel is the right one for you. It has complementary coffee, soda, cookies and free Wi-Fi. The morning breakfast was excellent and much better than what you would get in more expensive hotels. I also thought the outdoor themed hallways and hotel lobby was very relaxing!

• Stayed September 2013
Oquawka, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond. And the Manager is very attuned to the customers' needs. They are remodeling and the remodeling is going great, looks much better! Soon they may be opening a restaurant onsite.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business