“Can't wait to return...”

Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
“Can't wait to return...”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and our 2 teens stayed here while we were in Illinois visiting our other children and we loved the decor, the management, and the helpfulness of the ENTIRE staff. Thank you. We will definitely return. The location is right off the riverfront and they have free popcorn and a nice breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014
Jackson B, General Manager at Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so very much for a wonderful review of the Eagles Nest Hotel. We are most pleased that your family enjoyed their stay at the hotel and enjoyed the new décor and personal touches that we have made. Make sure to come back and see us soon. We continue to make updates and changes in making sure that each room is different, unique and pleasing to the guests. We look forward to your return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Worst place I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of having to deal with. Booked the place for our friends and the new employee had no idea what he was doing. My wife and I were out there arguing till 2am on our wedding night to get a room sorted for them. They said there was a room and when the friends got in at 3am they were told there was no room until they called the manager to come out who also had no idea what was going on and couldn't get a room key to open. My friend had to sleep in the hallway until finally around 4am they got a somewhat clean room. HORRIBLE PLACE!!!

• Stayed May 2014
I wish to thank you for your review. Customer Service is very important for our hotel. It appears that we dropped the ball in this case and I sincerely apologize for any issues that this caused. The front desk attendant in question was disciplined for his actions and is no longer with the hotel. Words can not take away the disappointment and frustrations that you incurred. Again, we are sorry. We would like to offer a free night stay at the hotel to offer an attempt to ease this issue that occurred. We pride ourselves in making the guests feel right at home and it saddens the entire staff when we fall short of guest's expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Quincy hotels

Tool, TX
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Traveling on business, my company encourages its managers to book through Corporate Lodging (clclodging.com), so ahead of my trip to the Quincy area, I searched available CLC-approved hotels and The Eagles Nest looked like the best choice.

After checking in, I realized I had made a serious mistake. First problem- I was on the 2nd floor and the elevator did not go to the 2nd floor- only the 3rd floor.

After getting to my room, I quickly realized that this place is run-down and poorly maintained. There were stains on the carpet, the curtains would not fully close, there were stains on the walls and sinks. One sink's drain plug was broken. The ironing board was a small, compact size which, if you have ever used one, you know it is impossible to properly press anything short of a pair of socks.

The steam iron spit out rust, staining one of my shirts. The wifi was horrible. There were inoperable light bulbs in 2 of the lamps. The shower curtain was missing 3 hooks and had mold stains.

The clock radio was positioned on the desk, which I thought was a little awkward, so I unplugged it to move it next to the bed- where a clock radio is normally kept. I realized why the radio was on the desk...there were no outlets on the wall behind the beds.

The refrigerator was unplugged upon my arrival so I had to wait for it to cool down.

The next morning, I hesitantly went to the breakfast area with extremely low expectations and I am not surprised to say that the Eagles Nest did not exceed my expectations. The breakfast offerings were meager, the hot food was cold, the milk was warm and the waffle iron over-cooked my waffle. The high point? The Lucky Charms were pretty good!

Long story short- After arriving in Quincy for the first time, I discovered several top-name hotels available. Next time I'm in town, I'll stay at the Hampton, Fairfield or Holiday Inn and face the butt-chewing I will get later for not booking through Corporate Lodging.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate the Eagles Nest a solid 2.0.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris B
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My family has been staying at The Eagles Nest for quite some time now. The staff is very friendly and makes you feel welcome. The new renovations are great and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a clean affordable place.

• Stayed January 2014
Jackson B, General Manager at Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
We at the Eagles Nest hotel, wish to thank you for your recent review. We are most pleased that you are enjoying the hotel and the renovations that have been made. As you already know, we are continuing to add even more to the hotel weekly. Come on back and see us soon!

Jack and Staff
Canton,il.
Reviewed 27 February 2014

R daughter lives in quincy and we knew we would be over here a lot ,so finding an affordable and nice hotel was very important to us .The first time we walked in to the Eagles Nest I knew we found the right place. We have been treated with the most respect and courteously from everyone . They r so accomydating with anything we need. We can't say enough about this hotel . The rooms and the whole establishment is so clean and the breakfast is to die for . I thank all of u for treating us like your family . The Lansford's

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for the kind review. We strive to make all of our guests feel right at home, here at The Eagles Nest Hotel. Come back and see your hotel family soon. We will do our best to make that stay most enjoyable.

Jack and Staff
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Been staying there off and on. Never have I stayed in such filth. Bed bugs galore. I did my bed check as I always do but there was no sign so I went to bed. I woke up covered in bed bugs. It was totally disgusting. Staff was horrible. They seemed to not really care.if it were my motel I would have called an exterminator immediately but they wrote it in a notebook and said have a nice day. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014
Jackson B, General Manager at Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Josh:

We wish to thank you for reviewing the Hotel. Even though it was not a positive review, I wished to take the opportunity to respond to your concerns. In the hotel industry bed bugs are a very serious matter and hoteliers go to the upmost measures to make sure that the rooms are checked regularly.

Here at the Eagles Nest Hotel we use a highly reputable pest control agency. Our protocol is if we get a complaint, it goes directly to the General Manager's office. We then contact the pest control to come out and check the rooms for any infestation. This process is very extensive, from taking the pictures and the headboards off the walls, to looking thoroughly around the mattress and box springs. Not an item in the room is untouched. If there is evidence, then it is treated with special chemicals and thoroughly steamed cleaned. The two rooms located on each side of the infected rooms are also treated. It is a very costly process but one that we here at the Eagles Nest take very seriously. The pest control company has checked complaints and no infestation evidence has been found. We feel it is best to take the highest possible means to make sure that all rooms are properly inspected and clear.

On your remark on utter filth. I receive many compliments from guests (as noted in the many positive reviews over the last several months) frequently about the rooms, the many updates and renovations, and how clean we have made the Hotel. If you wish to call my office directly, I would be more than happy to discuss any issues that you may have had at the Hotel and do my best to make it right. We take tremendous pride in the work we have done here at the Eagles Nest and go to extreme lengths to make certain that our guests have a great experience at the Hotel.

First and foremost, the guest experience is the most important thing to us here at the Eagles Nest Hotel.

Again, I am sorry that your experience was not a good one and we strive to make every guest feel right at home.
Alexis, Illinois
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stay at this hotel 2-3 nights a month. It has come a long way since my first stay and only getting better. The rooms are great size, always clean, and the bed are comfortable. The service I get when ever I walk in is always friendly, I am always created with a smile and if I ever have any kind of issue with my room they are really quick to make sure it is taken care of to my satisfaction. I will continue to use this hotel on a monthly basis.

• Stayed February 2014
Jackson B, Manager at Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
We wish to thank you for you kind review. We have strived to make the needed changes to the Eagles Nest Hotel and are working hard to make sure that the guests have a great experience. We look forward to your return trip back to our hotel.