“We had a great stay ”

Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were here for a business trip. From the moment we checked in, throughout the entire stay, staff and service was excellent. We happened to be there on a very busy weekend and did not notice one hiccup in service or quality.
Our room was surprisingly extremely large. We did not even use half of it. The entire hotel was clean and tidy with a very homey feeling.
The morning breakfast is above and beyond what you would expect for a "continental" breakfast.
We would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Quincy, and if we return will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
MariannTB, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here on business, and booked through Hotwire, and was thoroughly pleased!

Warmly greeted upon entering by an abundant staff. My room was smartly furnished and spacous. Big TV, comfortable bed, great shower and a better than average breakfast.

It reminded me of a Courtyard by Marriott, but the rooms were bigger and the breakfast better. Perhaps the bedding wasn't as nice, but still very good.

I did not take advantage of the pool or the exercise room, but did use the lobby computer.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I could see the sign from the interstate, but my GPS said turn north instead of south. So I had to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I know it takes time to write a review, and we appreciate it! Thanks. MTB

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Apparently this T&C hosts weddings but have absolutely no care about how this affects other guests. On our second night stay this was the case. As the reception ended around midnight the guests poured into the hotel lobby, social areas and hallways. Rather than moving people along the staff cared less that the party continued till 5am! Our room was on the first floor close to the lobby and the noise was absolutely ridiculous. We listed to people screaming, fighting, laughing and every thing else you would expect from a group of drunk people. The hallways were littered with beer bottles and garbage. We complained to the front desk but absolutely nothing was done nor did they even seem to care. There are other places to stay along the main strip in Quincy so I suggest you stay clear of T&C.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank YblesEnahs
MariannTB, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Shane,
We are very sorry to hear your stay was awful! We do care about all of our guests, and our staff tries to create a peaceful environment after these weddings end. May I ask the date you stayed? Please call me at 217-214-0407. In the meantime, the General Manager, the Conference Manager and I have been discussing this issue for the benefit of all. We do think a solution. Again, I'm very sorry.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday nite in August based on reviews here. When we arrived we saw the sign indicating a wedding reception was taking place that evening so we intentionally asked for a quiet room. We were told they would place us in the back of the hotel. We went to our room on the second floor in the back. Room smelled way too flowery and was dark and old feeling. Bed was so so. It was fairly clean but just felt like old and worn. Went to dinner and when we returned at about 9 or so the wedding reception in the base floor was in full swing and most of it had spilled out into the parking lot right below our rooms windows!! We are talking younger folks with a large amount of alcohol on board...we decided to tolerate all the loud yelling and foul language until a reasonable hour and trust me they went full tilt til 11:00! At the magic hour of eleven we called the front desk and were told by a younger staff member that they had talked to the party crowd but it hadn't done any good so we asked to talk with the manager on duty. By the time someone with authority called us the crowd was throwing a football bouncing it off the parked cars. At this point we were truly ready to check out just to find some place to get a nites sleep. But the manager informed us they had called the police to reel in the crowd so once the police dispersed the crowd we did get some sleep. After that it truly has tainted my opinion of the motel. My advice if staying on a weekend be sure no party's booked in reception area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wildflower514
mariannb, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for your review - and please accept our apologies for your disappointing stay. Our goal is to have each and every guest enjoy their stay - and we are sorry that you did not.

I read that you felt the hotel looked a little worn! I'm sorry you weren't able to experience our new look - artwork, bed linens and draperies are all being installed in September. I would like to speak to you on the phone, so if you have time, please call my office.

Again, many apologies for your less than perfect stay! MTB

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here two nights while in Quincy on business, and I would happily stay here again.

Pros: Large, clean rooms, comfortable chair with ottoman, very nice people, fine breakfast, with real china and stainless flatware. Cookies at the desk on check-in. Very comfortable bed. All the things that are important in selecting a hotel are present.

A few things that I'll mention, just so the management can attend to them, and I'm confident they will: It would be nice if the statement were slipped under the door so we didn't have to stop at the desk on the way out. There wasn't Splenda for the coffee, nor was their real half and half, just creamer. The people in the adjacent room were quite noisy, starting before 5 AM. If the headboard were upolstered, it might absorb some of the sound. Or maybe some other sound control measures could be taken. My room was on the west side, facing the parking lot. There were bright lights at night, which were so bright that they came through the drapes. I'd suggest they tone the light down a little, or be sure they're not aimed at the windows

All in all, this was a fine place and I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
MariannTB, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate you posting your experience from the guest perspective. As we continue to improve the physical property, we may be able to address the noise concerns you shared. Plus, perhaps we can cut some energy costs by dimming some of our parking lot lights. Thanks again, we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We recently spent a couple of days here and we were pleasantly surprised by what we found. The staff is very helpful & friendly. The rooms are incredibly clean and the breakfast exceeded what our expectations were. The hotel is on the outside edge of town, but conveniently located to the highway. If I were to travel to Quincy again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
MariannTB, Director PR & Marketing at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I'm so pleased we could surprise you with our hotel and complimentary breakfast! Thanks for pointing out that we're conveniently located next to the highway for easy transportation. It was a pleasure to have you, and I hope your travels take you to Quincy again in the near future!

All the best,
Mariann Barnard - Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We needed a hotel for one night after visiting Springfield, St. Louis & Hannibal with our nine & ten year old granddaughters before making a long drive back to Minnesota.

This is a great locally owned hotel. The staff was great -- efficient & friendly. The girls loved the pool. The breakfast was good.

I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
MariannTB, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I'm thrilled your granddaughters took advantage of our pool, Dick — thanks for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback, and I hope that drive back to Minnesota wasn't too bad.

All the best,
Mariann Barnard - Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy
Quality Inn and Suites Quincy
Hampton Inn Quincy
Hampton Inn Quincy
#2 of 11 in Quincy
Holiday Inn Quincy East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy
Sleep Inn & Suites Hannibal

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy? Share your experiences!