“Surprisingly nice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Salem, Wisconsin
“Surprisingly nice”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

One of the hotels I ended up with using Priceline, so I didn't choose it specifically. It was a lot nicer than I was expecting for the star rating. Bed was comfortable, nice selection of tv channels and free internet is always a great thing. The bathroom was clean and nice. Room was quiet, though it didn't seem to be super busy, so that could change depending on how many kids are there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
MariannTB, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
We appreciate the comments! Thank you for sharing your experience, we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at Town and Country Inn and Suites a few times and have given it rave reviews, but each of those stays was only for one night. This time, we stayed for two nights and our experiences lead me to believe that we will never stay there again. Two things, actually. First, we left our room on the second day about 8AM and didn't return until 4PM. When we opened the door, it became immediately apparent that our bed hadn't been made. I checked the bathroom and found that we had new towels, but, upon inspection, we found that nothing had been done in the main room. As we left for dinner at 6PM, we stopped by the front desk to let them know. (I mean, if they are paying people to clean the room, it seems to me that they'd want to know if that job was being completed.) When we told the person on duty at the desk, his immediate response was NOT, "Oh, I'm so sorry! What can we do to make things right?" But, instead, he said, "They don't make up the beds if you leave anything on them - that's our policy." Well, in the first place, we didn't leave anything on the bed and we told him that, but he kept saying that this was their policy. Eventually, he did ask if we'd like them to go up and clean the room now, but by that time, the damage had been done. I may be all wet in this, but when I pay $100 for a room in a little place like Quincy Illinois, I expect to have my bed made at the very least. The second thing that happened was that there was some sort of fundraiser for the local high school going on in the community room. The entire lobby and downstairs areas were filled with people at the fundraiser, not to mention that EVERY parking spot in the lots (both front and back) was filled and people were parking anywhere they could in the non-parking areas. We circled the hotel three or four times and finally found ONE space to park (having not been warned about limited parking before leaving for dinner) and went inside to be met with the high school marching band adding to the festivities. Even in our room on the second floor, we could hear the boom-boom of the bass drums. It became very obvious that the hotel was more interested in the community event than it was in the hotel guests. It was NOT a good experience and, since Quincy has several other nice hotels, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Idese
MariannTB, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
My oh my, I am so very sorry to hear of this experience. I can assure you that this response was/is/and never will be acceptable as a reply to our guests. With that being said, I am trying to find your information to contact you directly...if I am unable to determine that in the next 4 hours, please contact me at my desk phone, 217-214-0407. We are concerned about our hotel guests as much as our community involvement and I can assure you that I will share this with our conference team.
As painful as this comment is, I am happy your expressed your disappointment.I look forward to talking with you.
Mariann Barnard
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were here for a business trip. From the moment we checked in, throughout the entire stay, staff and service was excellent. We happened to be there on a very busy weekend and did not notice one hiccup in service or quality.
Our room was surprisingly extremely large. We did not even use half of it. The entire hotel was clean and tidy with a very homey feeling.
The morning breakfast is above and beyond what you would expect for a "continental" breakfast.
We would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Quincy, and if we return will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MariannTB, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you!
Central Illinois
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here on business, and booked through Hotwire, and was thoroughly pleased!

Warmly greeted upon entering by an abundant staff. My room was smartly furnished and spacous. Big TV, comfortable bed, great shower and a better than average breakfast.

It reminded me of a Courtyard by Marriott, but the rooms were bigger and the breakfast better. Perhaps the bedding wasn't as nice, but still very good.

I did not take advantage of the pool or the exercise room, but did use the lobby computer.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I could see the sign from the interstate, but my GPS said turn north instead of south. So I had to...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
I know it takes time to write a review, and we appreciate it! Thanks. MTB
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Apparently this T&C hosts weddings but have absolutely no care about how this affects other guests. On our second night stay this was the case. As the reception ended around midnight the guests poured into the hotel lobby, social areas and hallways. Rather than moving people along the staff cared less that the party continued till 5am! Our room was on the first floor close to the lobby and the noise was absolutely ridiculous. We listed to people screaming, fighting, laughing and every thing else you would expect from a group of drunk people. The hallways were littered with beer bottles and garbage. We complained to the front desk but absolutely nothing was done nor did they even seem to care. There are other places to stay along the main strip in Quincy so I suggest you stay clear of T&C.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank YblesEnahs
MariannTB, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Shane,
We are very sorry to hear your stay was awful! We do care about all of our guests, and our staff tries to create a peaceful environment after these weddings end. May I ask the date you stayed? Please call me at 217-214-0407. In the meantime, the General Manager, the Conference Manager and I have been discussing this issue for the benefit of all. We do think a solution. Again, I'm very sorry.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday nite in August based on reviews here. When we arrived we saw the sign indicating a wedding reception was taking place that evening so we intentionally asked for a quiet room. We were told they would place us in the back of the hotel. We went to our room on the second floor in the back. Room smelled way too flowery and was dark and old feeling. Bed was so so. It was fairly clean but just felt like old and worn. Went to dinner and when we returned at about 9 or so the wedding reception in the base floor was in full swing and most of it had spilled out into the parking lot right below our rooms windows!! We are talking younger folks with a large amount of alcohol on board...we decided to tolerate all the loud yelling and foul language until a reasonable hour and trust me they went full tilt til 11:00! At the magic hour of eleven we called the front desk and were told by a younger staff member that they had talked to the party crowd but it hadn't done any good so we asked to talk with the manager on duty. By the time someone with authority called us the crowd was throwing a football bouncing it off the parked cars. At this point we were truly ready to check out just to find some place to get a nites sleep. But the manager informed us they had called the police to reel in the crowd so once the police dispersed the crowd we did get some sleep. After that it truly has tainted my opinion of the motel. My advice if staying on a weekend be sure no party's booked in reception area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wildflower514
mariannb, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for your review - and please accept our apologies for your disappointing stay. Our goal is to have each and every guest enjoy their stay - and we are sorry that you did not.

I read that you felt the hotel looked a little worn! I'm sorry you weren't able to experience our new look - artwork, bed linens and draperies are all being installed in September. I would like to speak to you on the phone, so if you have time, please call my office.

Again, many apologies for your less than perfect stay! MTB
DuPage County, Illinois
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here two nights while in Quincy on business, and I would happily stay here again.

Pros: Large, clean rooms, comfortable chair with ottoman, very nice people, fine breakfast, with real china and stainless flatware. Cookies at the desk on check-in. Very comfortable bed. All the things that are important in selecting a hotel are present.

A few things that I'll mention, just so the management can attend to them, and I'm confident they will: It would be nice if the statement were slipped under the door so we didn't have to stop at the desk on the way out. There wasn't Splenda for the coffee, nor was their real half and half, just creamer. The people in the adjacent room were quite noisy, starting before 5 AM. If the headboard were upolstered, it might absorb some of the sound. Or maybe some other sound control measures could be taken. My room was on the west side, facing the parking lot. There were bright lights at night, which were so bright that they came through the drapes. I'd suggest they tone the light down a little, or be sure they're not aimed at the windows

All in all, this was a fine place and I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
MariannTB, Public Relations Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate you posting your experience from the guest perspective. As we continue to improve the physical property, we may be able to address the noise concerns you shared. Plus, perhaps we can cut some energy costs by dimming some of our parking lot lights. Thanks again, we hope you'll visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy
Best Western On The River
Best Western On The River
#1 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy? Share your experiences!