“Very, nice and super friendly staff”

Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield,MO
“Very, nice and super friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the 2nd time we stayed here and both times were just great. The rooms are big and QUIET and no problems with anything. They have two 'social' areas were we hung out having some of our own wine and pizza and that was not a problem. The staff even brought us wine glasses from the bar so we didn't have to use plastic cups! Everything was excellent except the breakfast was like most hotels, mass produced eggs and the cinnamon rolls looked better than they tasted. If ANY hotel could make a really great breakfast, they would have a full 5 star rating from me!.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first (main) floor. The ballroom on the ground level is connected to the first f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
dax f, General Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
DrQuack,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. And, thank you for the nice review. I am pleased to hear that the staff took the extra step for you and provided the wine glasses. Breakfast is a continuous project. We try to mix our selections up a little and we are always looking for ways to improve.

Look forward to seeing you on visit #3.
Dax Fohey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was a short but, wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was a huge double king. The largest none suite that I've ever encountered. The room, hotel and grounds were in great shape. The place was extra clean with comfortable places to just relax and read. The fitness center had an elliptical, treadmill, recumbent bike, free weights and a bench. They were all in great shape. We had a comfortable sleep and the bath towels were large and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast had a nice selection of eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals and muffins. There was also a good selection of coffee, juices and milk. There is also free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank gelo7
dax f, General Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
gelo - Thank you for the outstanding review. It is great to hear that everything went well during your stay. Maybe next time you'll get to enjoy the property for a longer period of time. Hope you had safe travels. Thanks for choosing T & C Inn. Hope you visit again soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Although a very nice room when you first walk in, there were too many issues to count.
1. Room service left all the dirty towels on the floor everyday.
2. Shower had a bad shower head that caused water hammer the whole time you attempted to shower.
3. Door latch was broken and left the room insecure. They never came and fixed it after several reports.
4. Unless you are a US Cellular customer, bring your flip phone. There is no 3 or 4 G service.
5. WiFi is slow and impossible to stream video.

Several other minor issues. I ended checking out after two nights and going to a different hotel down the road.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chris S
dax f, General Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience for all of our our guest and it seems we fell a little short of that during your stay. I apologize for the maid service not picking up your towels. I don't know why that would have happened. We were experiencing a plumbing issue during your stay. That would explain the hammering sound from the shower. I am sorry you had to experience that. It has since been fixed. I do recall our maintenance staff working on your door and believe he got it fixed. I'm not sure what cellular service is your provider, but our staff members carry Sprint phones and 3G is always available. Our wifi usually works really well. I am surprised to hear that it was slow. That is one thing that we receive many compliments on. Not sure if the particular videos were slowing it down or if for some reason we were experiencing some difficulties that particular night. Either way, I am sorry that you had to deal with that. Once again, I apologize for your disappointing stay.

As I stated in the email I sent to you, if you want to discuss any further, please give me a call.
I thank you again for your feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Town & Country in Quincy after a nightmarish experience with another hotel (in Hannibal, not Quincy). The minute we walked into the lobby, we knew we'd finish our 4 day stay at T & C. It's bright, pretty and welcoming. There are comfortable gathering spaces on the first floor, a breakfast room and a bar. The staff was a breath of fresh air (thanks Mia!), and after hearing about our bad experience elsewhere, they went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

Our room was beautiful,and very clean. It was also very quiet- we didn't hear a sound from other rooms or the hallway. The bed was comfortable and we were provided with lots of pillows. The shower had good water pressure, and nice fluffy towels. Housekeeping is meticulous.

Breakfast was a mix of hot choices and cold- something for everyone. Staff is in the breakfast room frequently, cleaning up and restocking necessary items.

Town and Country has a large, well lit parking lot with a covered area right in front for loading and unloading your vehicle.

I would not hesitate to go back to Town & Country. If I had occasion to be in Quincy again, I'd look forward to it.

Room Tip: Our room was located at the front of the building, facing the parking lot. It was a very quiet room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue S
Sue,
Thank you for the outstanding review. It is great to hear that you were treated so well by the staff and that the property was looking good as well. I will pass your kind words along to everyone. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and I hope we have created a "guest for life."
Next time you are in town, please come see us.
All the best,
Fair Grove
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just a couple of things miss the mark. I had a very nice room, nice staff, good shower, comfortable bed, clean as a pin. The minor complaint is you'll hear a lot of plumbing noises from neighboring rooms. The major complaint is that I was on the first floor on the west side, and they placed a huge and unnecessary floodlight about three feet from, and pointed almost directly at, my window. It doesn't matter how many room-darkening blinds you provide, this doesn't work. I could clearly see every article in my room. I like things dark and quiet when I sleep. I can tolerate some noise, but the light is a killer. There are nagging notes all around the room asking you to conserve water, no unnecessary towel usage and a recycling bag for trash. Take your own advice! These lights are wasteful and ruined an otherwise good experience.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the upper floors will eliminate the problem with the floodlight outside the window.
Green Features: If they're so environmentally conscious, why do they waste electricity with massive floodlights?
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for the compliments about the cleanliness of the hotel and the service of our staff. Those are two things that we pride ourselves on. I do apologize for the two issues that might have ruined your experience. We did have a part that needed replaced in one of the pipes, and that has been fixed. We are also adjusting the lights out front so they are pointing straight up. Thank you for noticing our green efforts. We have been recognized as a greenleader for 2014.

We hope you will give us another try.
Thanks again for taking the time to review our property.
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I and others with our Church members were greeted by staff that surely liked their positions at the Inn. I later found out why! I met the owner that is in process of updating and refurbishing the unit to a standard that will attract and retain business. He was personable and truly engaging in conversations on how he could improve the unit. Mr Phillips the GM was noticed in his rounds and seemed engaged in his desire to be helpful.
The only item of note that I feel could be improved immediately is to install a handicap style handhold in the bathtub to assist anyone one in and out of the tub. Slips, trips and falls are the major cause of injuries by people of all ages.
One other improvement would be to have a big sign placed on the north face of the building to increase visibility of people driving on the main road east and west.
The complimentary breakfast area was generous as well as the quality of food served.

Room Tip: I did not notice any excessive noise in my room.
Green Features: Noticed a card placed in bathroom about re-use of bath towels to conserve water. Very important and awareness is important
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Richard,
Thank you for the nice review. It is good to hear that your were welcomed with a smile. I believe you visited with our owner. And yes, he is very engaged and always looking for ways to improve the property. Grab bars are one of the focuses and are currently being installed in all of our guest bathrooms.

If you ever visit Quincy again, we hope you will come see us.
MINNETONKA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

What a gem! This is a newer hotel on the east side of Quincy, just off the I172. A beautiful, spacious lobby with a grand staircase to the second floor informal meeting area. Our room was quite large and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful with great knowledge of local restaurants. This one is a keeper.

Room Tip: A room on the back side of the hotel might be better as the lights shining on the front are quite br...
Green Features: Recycle receptacles were in the lobby and in the breakfast room. The breakfast was served on china and with real flatware, no plastic or paper plate here. On the negative side, flow restrictors on sink faucets seemed a little over the top and were an inconvenience.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review. It is nice to hear that we are a keeper. Thank you also for recognizing our Green efforts. We try very hard to be a greenleader in the hotel industry. We are addressing the light situation on the front of the building. Hopefully this won't be an issue on your next visit.

Thanks again for the great review!