“Very nice, would stay again !!”

Holiday Inn Quincy East
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Olney, Illinois
“Very nice, would stay again !!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Large well designed hotel with accommodating staff. We got here early to check in, was given our king room, went upstairs BUT it was even cleaned yet. Some miscommunication between maids and front desk. We went back down and the manager helped us by holding our luggage and giving us a $10 credit towards the restaurant until it got cleaned. He told us check in is 3 pm and it was around 12 noon so that was our fault but they still need to know what rooms are ready.

King room was very nice, lots of space, nice clean large bathroom, large closet and nice flatscreen TV. Bed was a little unstable and pillows pretty flat....AC worked great. We ate breakfast Sunday morning in the restaurant and it was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Champaign IL
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I spent just one night in Quincy's Holiday Inn. It seems newly built. It is roomy, clean, up to date. I thought it was a good value. Furnishings in the room are comfortable and modern. Comfortable bed, good TV, lots of channels. I didn't use any of the amenities of the hotel, but the bar/restaurant looked nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Selah, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The facilities are still fairly new and well maintained. It has an indoor pool and workout facility. The workout facility needs some attention however. The staff was very nice and they upgraded me to a corner room suite that was outstanding. It had a separate bedroom and the bathroom had a walk in full size shower. It is located next to some major shopping areas and a Walmart which is about a block away - if you like Walmart! You will be happy with your decision to stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure to try to get the upgraded full suite. It has plenty of room to spread out!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Being a platinum priority club member I stay almost exclusively at Holiday Inn properties when traveling for business, avg 85-100 nights a year. I've stayed at this Holiday Inn several times in the past few years and it is one of the better ones. Furnishings are up to date, solidly built, very little noise heard in or outside, friendly staff and great wireless internet strength. Convenient location near the expressway.
The only downside, and this is not the fault of the hotel, is the restaurant, Tony's Too, which is attached to the hotel. The food is average at best but the service from the waiters to the bartender (especially the bartenders) is terrible. They seem to be put upon when you order.
But dont let that detract from the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I spent three days here and the hotel itself is nice but the equipment in the fitness room was a disgrace. When I was there the only thing that worked was the tread mill and that was not in great shape. The elliptical was outright dangerous and the bicycle could barely rotate. While I was on the the treadmill 3 other people came down and tried their best to work the equipment. I spoke with a woman at the desk who apologized and said that I would be receiving a survey on my e- mail and I should make a complaint on that. I have never received anything from them. If you do not use the fitness room the hotel is newer and well upkept. I had breakfast in the restaurant and there was way more food than I could eat. I felt $1.99 for coffee was overpriced. Their we're several of us staying there for business and all of us are platinum members and no one was upgraded

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris R
restaurantboy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Quincy East, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Thank you for bringing the issue of our fitness equipment to my attention. We have already repaired the elliptical machine and have a repair technician scheduled for next week on the other two pieces.

I am terribly sorry that this inconvenienced you and want to remind all of our guests that we also include free passes to our local YMCA for a complete fitness experience.
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 30 April 2012

As mentioned in other reviews, nice new hotel, with clean rooms and facilities. Rooms are comfortable, nice size flat screen tvs with plenty of channels. A very nice addition is that there is a washer and dryer on each floor with the vending, and this can be very helpful, especially if you are on vacation for a longer period of time. Downside a) as stated in other reviews- the sound from other rooms is very loud if you have a noisy neighbor or in the halls b) no free breakfast buffet (no buffet at all) which leads to other costs if you have a family with kids; other motels for the same cost include that e.g. Hampton Inns. I have stayed here twice and will stay again since kids are not along.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
alabama
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This property is a little hard to find, but worth the effort.
The guest service agent (Beth) was extremely helpful. This is THE property to stay in at this location. Seems to be fairly new and well maintained. Restaurannt is good too.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front side of the property. The kitchen exhaust is directly below many of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family