“Great Stay During Weekend Trip”

Holiday Inn Quincy East
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My girlfriend and I drove to Quincy for a a roller derby bout and to do some geocaching in Missouri. I decided to spend the Saturday night overnight in Quincy versus driving back.

We checked into the hotel around 5pm on Saturday and check in went very smoothly. We parked in the ample parking lot and brought our bags to the second floor room which was at the east end of the building. Being a honors member we received a five dollar coupon for the restaurant on the premises, Tonys Too.

The room itself was very clean, well appointed and the bed was comfortable. After we came back from the roller derby bout, I plugged my laptop into the HDMI port on the flat screen and we watched a VUDU movie streamed over the hotel's Internet using a wired connection. Internet service was fine for streaming the movie, only one time did it stop to buffer.

Previously I had checked out the lobby area. There is a small concession area with a few snacks to choose from. The coffee service was out when I check it early evening. The fitness room was very small, nothing to write home about. The elliptical machine was broken. The pool looked nice, and there was a whirlpool. We didn't use either room because of our schedule. We did hear noises from the pool in our room on Sunday morning. I believe our room was directly above the pool. We did have breakfast at Tonys Too. I liked the horse shoe special. My girlfriend said the veggie omelette was okay.

Other than a few minor annoyances, I enjoyed the stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Our family stayed one night while traveling east. We stayed due to the Holiday inn points we could use. We had a very nice stay. The property is new. Staff were friendly and check in was simple. We slept well and it was very quiet. The only issues was very slow elevators (we were on the top floor) and small square pillow for sleeping. Those were minor issues for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We had a great time, the staff was very accomidating. The room was very nice and affordable, the pool and excercise room was also nice. I will be booking a room at this hotel again soon for my other daughters birthday party and will recomend my friends and family do the same.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
restaurantboy, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Quincy East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you so very much for your time to let us know about your experience with us. We were glad to have you and are looking forward to having you again. Im glad your daughter and a great birthday!
Adam Blackburn, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2012

The rooms at this location are fine, but I've had some issues with the front desk and restaurant staff.

Examples:

The latest stay, I was able to get a hotwire rate of about $82/night. When I checked in, they asked for a credit card at check in. I figured this was just incidentals, which are supposed to be around $25/night at this hotel. They ended up charging around $280. The hotel said it was just an accidental authorization. Which yeah, accidents happen, but these places need to realize that funds are locked up for up to 7 days in some cases, and for those that are traveling with families, we may need to use that money. I explained my frustration and the response was pretty much oh well deal with it.

A few months ago, I stayed at this location with my wife and daughter. We went to the restaurant to take advantage of the Kids Eat Free offer. (It is advertised in hotel guide in the room.) We were told they don't offer kids eat free and a manager wasn't around to help. The funny thing is, on the most recent check in, the front desk mentioned that kids eat free at check in.

Like I mentioned before, the property is pretty decent and above average for a Holiday Inn. The staff just seems somewhat incompetent or under-trained.

I think I'll look at my other options next time I need a room here. I do come often as family lives in Quincy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gwellman99

First of all I want to thank you for your feed back and continued business. I do see that we accidentally authorized your debit card for $285, when it should have only been $25 for incidentals. I do apologize for this and all of the inconviences associated with our mistake. Simple mistakes have been made, especially since both your credit card and the credit card from Hotwire were Master Cards. Since your last stay I have hired a few new employees that are shining stars, so I feel very confident that your next stay will be totally different from your last.

As for the funds being locked up for up to 7 days. Yes this happens but only when a debit card has been used. At check in we have a sign explaining to our guests to use caution when using debit cards because of this very problem. Hotels do not have a choice on whether or not to use the card for debit or credit. When you check out, the authorization is released but the funds are not put back into your account right away – but that is totally in the control of your bank. To avoid any future problems I highly recommend the use of a credit card at check in and not a debit card (this does not however absolve us of creating the problem in the first place by authorizing the wrong card).

I am not sure where our break down in communication took place with the Kids Eat Free offer with our staff. This is a Holiday Inn’s standard (Kids Eat Free) offered in every Holiday Inn in the country. Please contact me directly at the hotel so I can make sure we make this up to you. Again I want to thank you for your time and honest feed back of your stay. Without you bringing this to our attention we wouldn’t have known there was something we needed to do better.

Adam Blackburn, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Large well designed hotel with accommodating staff. We got here early to check in, was given our king room, went upstairs BUT it was even cleaned yet. Some miscommunication between maids and front desk. We went back down and the manager helped us by holding our luggage and giving us a $10 credit towards the restaurant until it got cleaned. He told us check in is 3 pm and it was around 12 noon so that was our fault but they still need to know what rooms are ready.

King room was very nice, lots of space, nice clean large bathroom, large closet and nice flatscreen TV. Bed was a little unstable and pillows pretty flat....AC worked great. We ate breakfast Sunday morning in the restaurant and it was very good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I spent just one night in Quincy's Holiday Inn. It seems newly built. It is roomy, clean, up to date. I thought it was a good value. Furnishings in the room are comfortable and modern. Comfortable bed, good TV, lots of channels. I didn't use any of the amenities of the hotel, but the bar/restaurant looked nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The facilities are still fairly new and well maintained. It has an indoor pool and workout facility. The workout facility needs some attention however. The staff was very nice and they upgraded me to a corner room suite that was outstanding. It had a separate bedroom and the bathroom had a walk in full size shower. It is located next to some major shopping areas and a Walmart which is about a block away - if you like Walmart! You will be happy with your decision to stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure to try to get the upgraded full suite. It has plenty of room to spread out!