“Excellent Stay for 50th HS Reunion”

Holiday Inn Quincy East
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff at the Holiday Inn Quincy East were terrific. We checked in early on Friday and they changed our room for us closer to the Elevators. The King room was large, clean and comfortable beds. We had bought Breakfast meal tickets for $3 per room/day and they were good for up to $10 per person. We stayed 2 nights so for $3 x 2 = $6 we received over $40 for Breakfast. The Breakfast food at Tony Too's was very good. The Wifi was good and I connected wirelessly very easily following the instructions. The Pool and Hot Tub were clean and accessible without having to walk through the Hotel Lobby. The food at the HS Reunion was good and plentiful. We highly recommend the Holiday Inn Quincy East. This is a fairly new Holiday Inn and we plan to stay there again when we visit Quincy, IL.

Room Tip: Rooms near the Elevators on the back side. Hallways are long. We had a group rate for this hotel a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stay away from this hotel at all costs! I stay at 1-2 IGN hotels each week and this is the worse one I have stayed out in a few years. My non-smoking room smelled of cigarette smoke and my sisters suite room at $190 per night had a horrible odor in it too. The hotel's guest Wi-Fi would not work and the desk clerk showed no interest in resolving it or apologizing about it. His response was that his internet worked. That does us no good if the Guest Wi-Fi is not functional. I could care less about his internal internet at this Holiday Inn.

I overheard another guest ask for something simple from the same desk clerk and he did not go out of his way to help him either. Somebody working on the ceiling told this desk clerk he was yelling for him and may have scared off some customers. The clerk's response was that it did not matter because they were going to be full that night anyway.

We had a large dinner party in their restaurant to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday party. We bought him a tablet and planned to set it up for him while at dinner. Due to no hotel Wi-Fi, we were not able to set it up. The initial greeting for our party was cold from the lady sitting us. The waiter was very nice. Not once did a manager come by and make sure our large party was happy. I doubt it would have mattered. This seems to be a poorly owned and managed hotel.

I wish I could say something nice about this facility, but having multiple issues proves to me they have deep issues at this hotel.

Room Tip: We had 4 rooms and I can not recommend this hotel to anyone.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Quincy East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Dan R,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Quincy.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good location off the main strip in town. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Stayed here for a few nights on business. Rooms very clean! The fitness center has a treadmill, elliptical but no weights. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

As expected, the hotel was wonderfully new, clean, and quiet. We appreciated the early check-in and friendly service! It's also located very conveniently off of Broadway and right near the Wal-Mart, so we could pick up a number of things that we needed or forgot. The free wifi was also great!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I would like to take the time to say that the Holiday Inn in Quincy, IL was a great hotel! The front desk staff was very helpful, nice, and informative. The breakfast deal added to your room was a steal! I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t take advantage of this. The beds were the most comfortable beds I’ve slept in (and I’ve traveled a lot!). My husband and I were in town for a wedding and we found this area to be so convenient to our wedding location. I also work in hotels and would love to take this front desk staff to my hotel! They really exceeded my expectations! Kudos to the management team for training and staffing your team to deliver great service. If I am ever in Quincy again, I will be sure to stay here!
Mallory & Matt Fletcher

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kylinn F, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Quincy East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2014

We appreciate the review. We are overjoyed that you had a wonderful experience with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Lyndsey a server at the Tony Too's resturant was so helpful to us. My husband had fallen going down to breakfast. Lyndsey got into the first aid kit and wrapped my husbands arm. She went beyond what was required. We ate all our meals at Tony Too's and the food was excellent. Pool was cool and hot tub was being worked on but we will go back. Thank you Lyndsey!

Room Tip: We had a Suite and it was very nice. Wedding a little noisey but quite at 11:30! Room was far from...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review. We are glad that you had a nice stay with us despite the pool and whirlpool weren’t exactly what you wanted. We are overjoyed that Lyndsey was able to exceed your expectations for we try to inspire our staff to be the best at what they do. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel provides all the basics well. Room was clean, fresh, quiet and comfortable.

The location isn't the greatest but at least it is close to the highway.

A couple of quibbles. The gym is tiny and only had one treadmill. That was a downer for the three guys waiting for me to finish my run

Also, the on site restaurant staff is not the friendliest.

All in all, perfectly fine

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Quincy East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear PMFRVA,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the fitness center and restaurant service. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy
#1 of 11 in Quincy
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Hannibal

Been to Holiday Inn Quincy East? Share your experiences!