“Very poor attitude with front desk staff”
Review of Hampton Inn Quincy

Hampton Inn Quincy
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
“Very poor attitude with front desk staff”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

the evening front desk staff; a young woman was the rudest most negative customer service representative I have ever encountered during my many travels and numerous hotel stays. It is a shame that she is the first encounter you have when you are staying at this particular Hampton Inn. At a time where jobs are scarce she did nothing but complain about her job and her job duties.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank monalisas942

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
fort dodge
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nicely located near the downtown square making it very convenient to stores and places to eat. The inside of the hotel was clean, quiet and beds were very comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the normal Hampton breakfast, minus the yogurts, which were not available. If I ever get back to the Quincy area, I'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Plain City, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is a very nice place to stay, and is close to several very good places to eat. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. The people at the front desk are very eager to help in any way they can. The cleaning crew is very thorough and non-intrusive (I've been in hotels where they wake you up really early so they can clean the room). If we are ever in Quincy again, we will stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visit Quincy two times a year and always stay at the Hampton. My wife refuses to stay anywhere else! It has a nice downtown location and just blocks from the Mississippi River. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home, and the breakfast Is always good, and well presented. Despite my willingness to try other places, my wife has made it clear that I can do that if I really want to - by my self!

Room Tip: Room 302 has a view of the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manteno
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped on our way back from our Honeymoon overnight at this hotel. I am an HHonors Member so I booked the day before. I read a few reviews but overlooked it. The front desk afternoon / evening clerk was very helpful and he did recommend a very nice restaurant in town. This hotel definitely needs a remodel. Any way after dinner we settled in for the night and the walls were paper thin in my opinion. One of the rooms either along side us or above us had the TV on all night long and it was loud. We used a white noise machine we carry for that purpose and you could still hear it. Anyway in the morning I complained to the graveyard shift clerk and he told me that the TV sound should never get that loud. I told him there was a problem. He said he would leave a note for maintenance to look at. No apologies to us. Well this will be the last stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank handyrandy6201
Apex, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I will stay there again. It would be nice to have a local dinning guide one page sheet. The raspberries on the breakfast buffet were very good. We had to leave at 2:15 AM to catch a plane and they had a to go breakfast ready for us, seriously WOW!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Deland, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

There rollaways are extremely uncomfortable. They need new ones. We tried two and ended up sleeping on the floor using the mattress! Other than that the regular beds are very comfortable. Queen size beds make more sense that doubles these days!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Quality Inn and Suites Quincy
Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy
Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy
Holiday Inn Quincy East
Best Western On The River
Best Western On The River
#1 of 10 in Hannibal
Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy

Been to Hampton Inn Quincy? Share your experiences!