“Best stay in quite a while...”
Review of Quincy Comfort Inn

Quincy Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Staff was courteous and knowledgable. The hotel has been updated recently and it looks terrific. The rooms were very clean. I have no complaints with this stay. The hotel offered a contintenal breakfast that great. It wasn't like eating at a fine restaurant but I have no complaints about it either.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are away from the main street and are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quincy Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Daniel - thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have fully renovated our hotel and our staff is satisfied that their hard work is displayed and recognized by guests. Come back again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel was by far the worst place we have stayed in our many travels over the past several years. The staff was fairly friendly, but not at all knowledgeable about the procedures in the hotel such as how to access Wifi and how to check us out early. The toilet in our room wouldn't flush on the first night, and we had to manually fill it with water to use it. Our room was not cleaned, and no fresh linens were provided in the three days we were there. We had to leave the hotel early unexpectedly, and I accidentally left some clothes in one of the drawers. I called the same day to have the hotel look for them. At first I was told they couldn't be found. Later, they called me back and said they found them in the housekeeping closet. I gave the person my name and number, and asked them to hold the clothes until my daughter could pick them up. When she arrived to pick them up the next day, the bag with my belongings had "gone missing." So our two night stay doubled in cost because I now have to replace the clothing items that were either lost or stolen by hotel staff. After talking with hotel staff about this situation, no one ever called me back to resolve the situation. We have contacted the corporation about these problems, and there has been no response from them either. Needless to say, we will not be staying in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gmauv6
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quincy Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Guest - it's unfortunate that you did not have a pleasant stay. Our GM worked diligently to accommodate you during the stay and address any issues. We extended a discount for a future stay as a courtesy. We look forward to providing a more positive experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed two nights in this comfortable hotel. The staff was uber friendly and granted all of our requests with a smile. It is common to find one or two really nice people working at any establishment, but every maid, front desk person, and even the breakfast guy were fabulous and very friendly. The rooms were very clean, the food at breakfast was good and abundant with lots of choices, and the property was well kept. I have never felt more at home than at this hotel. One night we came in late and there were 5 of us. We had just picked up some food from the local Wendy's. We wanted to eat together and asked the front desk if they minded if we ate at the breakfast tables. The gals at the desk not only said yes but seemed genuinely happy that we had asked and again were very friendly. Wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: We had three rooms and the single king room seemed to be more updated than the others and had a micr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Leana - we really are thankful for you taking the time to post a review. We have shared your positive experience with our staff and it continues to have a big impact on their satisfaction scores. We're glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to your future arrivals.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

this place was disgusting. the floor in the room was covered in hair and had not been vacuumed. the toilet ran all night. the room was musty. traffic was loud outside. the housekeepers were talking about bed bugs. the guy tending to the kitchen area was hacking and coughing. the kids chair was covered in filth. there was poop floating in the hot tub and a band aid in the pool. we had to stock the towels in the pool area. the water in the entire hotel stopped running for at least 25 minutes. Hotel offered 35 dollars towards a future visit.. what a joke.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Ready4avaca

Dear Guest - our entire staff and management team is very disheartened with your experience at the hotel. It is unfortunate that you encountered several issues. Most guests are very pleased with our hotel. Come back again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here with a coworker for several weeks in a row. The rooms themselves were cozy and well equipped with a mini fridge and microwave - good beds and clean, attractive rooms. What really impressed me was the staff. You can really tell they put extra effort into maintaining an inviting, well decorated lobby/breakfast area. Also, each afternoon they put out a spread of fresh cookies and iced tea. Plus they were more than accommodating with all of our special requests. I would definitely stay here again, If i were to come back to Quincy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest - we really appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Our staff is well trained and is always trying to find ways to go above and beyond to provide an exceptional guest experience. We have renovated and enhanced our amenity offerings. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My partner and I were there for a few nights and this place was amazing. The rooms were clean and quiet and a very nice price. The service was outstanding! Susie and Jack and the guy with the tattoo were very nice people to be around. The interraction we saw between them and other people shows that they really do want to make you feel important and at home. We will be staying here every time we find ourselves in Quincy.

Room Tip: The suites are big and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quincy Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Ryan - we are truly pleased that you were able to take the time to post a review. Appreciate your efforts and comments. Our staff is well trained and they enjoy being hospitable. Our newly renovated facility with a refreshed lobby has great finishes and many nice amenities. Look forward to your future stays!

Management

Reviewed 6 June 2013

My family recently stayed at this location for a Veterans group activity. We had three rooms, The staff was absolutely great.

I travel for my job and I am in and out of hotels 4 nights a week. The hotels are pretty generic after a while.

I was however pleased to find a large container of iced tea awaiting guests arrivals, this isn't the norm at other hotels I have stayed. The staff was very helpful and willing to help or give area information if asked.

I was a happy customer with the way my family was treated and overjoyed with the staff.

I would give the hotel and staff an A+

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quincy Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Guest - we really appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We have completed our hotel renovations and the new design is very refreshing and well received by our guests. Our staff is always searching of ways to enhance the guest experience and the cookies during weeknights and the iced tea is our way of express our gratitude and extending our hospitality. We look forward to your future stays at our hotel. Thank you.