“Stay away...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rantoul
The Quarters Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Rantoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Rooms are filthy. Mold is everywhere. Not only mold but you are also greeted by roaches and other creepy crawlers in my bed. Would rather sleep on a bench outside than stay in this bug infested hotel. Waste of money and time. It doesn't make sense to stay here if the expierence leaves you scared. Stay away...

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Sxaxrxaxh

Reviewed 28 May 2013

First of all there is a mold/mildew problem. I called my wife on the phone and she asked if I had a cold. I said it was the mold. I think the health department should look into this.
Second, the desk clerk charged me more than my written confirmation. He told me whoever took the reservation did it wrong. He can't adjust it in the computer and the manager would have to issue a credit but he would charge me the higher rate.
This is not a people friendly hotel. You cannot meet with others in the hotel breakfast room at night you might disturb the desk clerk who is on his laptop.
This is the second time this has happened. I tried giving this place another chance but to no avail. I will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Quarters Inn many times and I have never written a review. After reading some of the negative reviews, I thought it was time to write one. Like I said we have stayed many times at Quarters Inn. Our last stay was in March 2013. The staff is very friendly and they go out of their way to help you with whatever you need. The Continental Breakfast has a variety of things to eat. There is something to please everyone from cereal, muffins, fruit and danish. In reference to someone seeing bugs in their room, we stayed for 7 days this time and not once did I see a bug of any kind in our room or any of the other times we stayed there. The first couple times we took our grandaughter swimming and she loved it. This time we did not have time to swim. Could the rooms use a little updating? Of course, but everything is clean and comfortable. We would definately stay there again and again. Thanks Quarters Inn for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 847MariaK
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Would not stay here if it was for free!! Worst experience ever at a hotel and I travel everywhere. Rooms were very dirty found roaches on floor but the worst part was waking up to crunching noises and turning on light to find bed and dresser covered with ANTS!!! Ugh and when complained about this owner tells me to never come back as if I would!!!! My advise would be never stay there!!! Not even worth rating

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Carol J
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I recently stayed at The Quarters Inn and had a HORRIBLE experience. The room and the bathroom were both dirty. The paint was peeling and there was mold in the bathroom. The lady working the front desk was absolutely unprofessional and very rude. The cleaning service never came and did our room. I would never recommend staying at the Quarters Inn to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank eq3baymares
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were in Rantoul for the Space Jamboree scouting event and were very pleasantly surprised by the Quarters Inn. From the reviews we were fully expecting a dive but it was nothing like that! The two gals at the front desk were friendly and super helpful. The place was clean. The outside looked like the rest of Rantoul, impoverished but adequate. We had 4 children between us, and they loved the pool. The pool was clean and stocked and pleasant. Breakfast was continental, but adequate and filling. Coffee was fine, and fruit was available. For Scouts, as long as there is cereal, haha. Our rooms were very clean, comfortable, and seemed somewhat recently renovated. No odor. The bathroom was very clean and adequate, though dated. [Not that it matters]. We will definitely stay here again for next year's Jamboree. Sidenote: DO NOT EAT AT THE TACO BELL IN RANTOUL. ICK. Go to the Red Wagon or elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Momathome09
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Finding a hotel for U of I graduation was a challenge... we were pleased when we found a room at The Quarters Inn. Our first room smelled soooo bad of mold and mildew that we immediately walked back to the desk to ask for another room. The second room was no better, we walked out thinking a night in the car would be better than sleeping in a moldy "sick room" . The only saving grace was they refunded our money! save yourself don't go.....

Room Tip: join a preferred program and let them help you find a room that suites your needs
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family