“Do not waste your time going here”

Olive Black Martini and Wine Lounge
Ranked #17 of 23 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Olive Black is a retro 1940's Nartini & Wine Lounge with an authentic Spanish style Tapas menu, both live and virtual entertainment, leather living room groups, an outdoor patio, and warm rich colors and lighting to enjoy your special evening in.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not waste your time going here”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We looked at their menu online and thought this might be a great place to spend an evening together. If you want to go for their martini's, good for you, but you are paying way too much. I ordered a dirty martini, grey goose with blue cheese olives and they were $15. The meal was inedible. I tried the Wild Game menu and got the skewers. It was horrible. Said it came with roasted vegetables. The meat was barely seared and the vegetables were steamed, not roasted. My guess is they skewered everything, seared it and put it In a steam table. It was one of the worst meals I have ever had. The waitress was nice and I did not have to pay for my meal. It was my birthday and my husband and I left hungry and broke.

• Visited March 2014

Spring Grove, Illinois, United States
“Great atmosphere, wonderful Martinis!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Excellent use of a Richmond storefront, this bar is a great date place, get away with the husband for a few hours, or a gathering spot for friends. If you don't like sitting in a bar, this is the place to go! Haven't tried their menu yet, too busy enjoying the martnis! Good pricing and two sizes offered. Favorites are chocolate and raspberry and lemon meringue. Spent a New Years Eve here - lots of fun and free champagne. Call grandma, or tell the kids they are on their own, grab the old man and get away for a few hours!

• Visited January 2013
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Nice Place, Good Drinks. You like Art Deco?”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I visited the lounge July, 2013. My guest and I had several martinis, liked them all. They ranged in price from about $5 to $9 depending on size and flavor, 5oz to 8oz to be more specific. They have a huge variety of martini choices, you'll definitely find something you like. Also sampled a couple of appetizers they were good. Great atmosphere, has a 30-40's theme. Lounge was very clean with small tables and some leather chairs and couches. Service was excellent, we arrived about 5PM, so they had just opened, but nonetheless the staff was pleasant, helpful and prompt. I'd recommend it and I'd go back.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Martini Heaven”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great selection of martini's, even for not martini drinkers. Try one you'll like it. Quiet place for getting together with old friends.

Visited July 2013
Chicago Suburbs, IL
“Great martinis”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I really do love Olive Black. However, my service has been hit or miss. It seems like you either get a great cocktail waitress, or one who seems annoyed by your presence. I've been here several times and that is one thing I think management needs to work on, getting waitresses who enjoy their job. All the martinis I've tried are delicious, and I've been there many times so I've tried a lot of them. Can't say anything bad about that, just that the waitstaff should be a bit more gracious. All in all, worth a trip (or two!).

• Visited September 2012