“Super 8 Richmond IL”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Richmond

Super 8 Richmond
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Richmond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We attended a wedding this past weekend which was held at a golf resort in southern Wisconsin. The guest rooms for that facility booked up almost immediately as two wedding receptions were being held there the same day. After an exhaustive Internet search for other nearby facilities, we found this Super 8 and booked it just a few days ahead of our arrival.

Everything about our experience with this hotel was positive. The online booking process was accurate. Since I would be traveling with my own food due to food allergies, I called the day ahead of our arrival to ask if they had any rooms with a mini-refrigerator. They did have such a room available and held it for us. Not all of their rooms are so equipped.

Check-in was smooth and pleasant. Both desk persons we had contact with were cordial and efficient.

Our room had a nonfunctioning hair dryer, and the desk clerk was able to provide me with a spare. We did not need an iron or ironing board but I had asked about them and was told they were available if needed.

Wi-fi service was excellent.

The facility has a continental breakfast. Because of my food allergies, I did not visit this area, but my spouse did. He said they offered cereals, breads, juices, coffee, and had a waffle maker which was very popular with the other guests.

The room rates were very reasonable and we were able to get a discount through AARP.

There is a pool at the facility but it had already been covered up for the season.

Location was excellent and convenient to other restaurants and businesses, as well as tourist attractions.

All in all, we were very pleased with our stay here and would not hesitate to give this facility our business again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Not expecting a good stay due to past experiences with super 8's we were surprised. When checking in the clerk was, like so many, Indian however was very friendly and helpful. The room was updated and comfortable and clean. However we discovered our cable wasn't working and the sink was plugged. It was late so we went to bed, telling them in the morning. By the time we got back that afternoon both were fixed and we had no more problems. Was definitely worth the price and we would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've been to this location on 4 occasions, 10 nights total. This is by far the best Super 8 I've been to; I've been to three other locations.

The rooms are such a great deal for the price. Everything in the rooms looks to be updated recently; they are very clean. I feel at home while I'm here; most rooms feature a mini fridge with freezer drawer, a work desk, and stylish yet relaxing interior. Nearby trees add for a relaxing environment.

This location is within a 15 minute drive to downtown Lake Geneva via Route 12. Perfect for a weekend getaway at an excellent price.

This location is family owned and operated. The staff is very friendly, relatable, and caring. My completely satisfied experiences keep me coming back to this location time and again, as I have yet to be disappointed. Great rooms, location, and price.

Room Tip: Rooms in back half of building are quietest, as this location is on Route 12; great for ease of trav...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
ILLINOIS -USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I wasn't expecting a lot since I did not pay much for this room. But i think it was a nice stay. It's right off the Rte 12 exit which is great. we were actually visiting Lake Geneva, but didn't want to spent money on over priced hotels for a quick weekend get away. So we drove 10 mins down the road and stayed here. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My mother is handicap and we can't lug our luggage up the stairs. They were very nice and gave us no problems getting a first floor room. The room is a good size. The beds a very firm. So that could be an issue for a lot of people. The rooms had cable and they offer free breakfast. I didn't make it to breakfast to comment on that. The only downfall they claim to be a no smoking motel. However you can smell smoke. In the hall and in my room. I would stay here again for the price. You are not getting frills and thrills if you just want a nice clean room and friendly staff on a budget this would be for you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
#1 of 7 in Delavan
The Ridge Hotel
The Ridge Hotel
#4 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Super 8 Richmond? Share your experiences!