Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We travel a lot. This was our first time staying at a holiday inn express. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. I think the managers name was Stephen. He was great also. He had a great personality and sense of humor. The rooms are excellent, very comfortable, and quiet. Lastly the price is not bad either. We will defiantly stay here when we're in the area. We will also recommend others stay here as well.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank AnthonynHolli11
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for the GREAT response you gave our hotel. I will pass the info on to our staff it was great to meet your and your super family. You have a wonderful family and son We look forward to seeing you again and THANK YOU...

Reviewed 31 May 2013

The front desk staff were extremely accomodating in allowing us to upgrade to a suite when it was not cerrain that one would be available. They were very friendly and easy to talk with. The room was very comfortable, and the hot breakfast was hot & tasty. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Mark S
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you for the great response you give us. I will pass it on to the staff they love to hear when hard work pays off . Thank you again Look forward to seeing you again

Stephen

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great customer service. Trevor was particulary helpful. My daughter loved renting the fish(Sponge Bob) for the night. Very near the train station, which was a great option for going downtown. Plenty of options for breakfast.

Room Tip: The King suite is great, has microwave, small mini frig, 2 TV's.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bayougirl3
stephen l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for your great response. We will post it for our staff. Trevor will love to hear your response.
Glad to hear you daughter Rented (sponge bob) our Give Kids the World fish. All money raised goes to this great charity helping other children. We hope to see you again Soon...

Reviewed 23 April 2013

This was not my hotel of choice. I actualy booked with a hotel down the street, but was relocated due to the original hotel overbooking. I am so glad I did. The hotel was clean, the sheets were white and the accomodations were uptodate. The front desk staff were amazing and the breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had in a long time. The down side is that there is nothing within walking distance. There's a lot if you have a car, but if you are taking the shuttle and hope to leave the hotel for any reason, you're out of luck. Nonetheless, I would definately stay at this specific Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NonnahsS
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for the great review I will pass it along to our staff. Next time please use our shuttle we will take our guest up to 5 miles around the hotel from 7 am to 9pm monday to friday. Just stop by the desk We are here to serve you

See you again soon

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed here for a week on business. Typical Holiday Inn Express property with clean and spacious rooms, a decent breakfast, and an efficient shuttle service. Had a room facing the road, but did not have any problems with noise. The shuttle service to my place of work, which was about 3 miles, was very good. The drivers very extremely helpful, sometimes willing to go out of their way to help. The staff was not the friendliest, but they were not bad either. But if there is one thing I would think of as an area of improvement, then it would be that they should try to come across as a little more warm and welcoming. My minor grouse with the leaking fridge in my room fell on deaf ears as well, but it did not bother me as much since I did not use it much.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ArunTourister
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for the responce of our hotel,
I know you stayed back in july of 2012 We had just changed general manager's and I think you see the responces from the rest of last year 2012 and 2013 show the staff has changed there focus THE GUEST COME 1 ST. I would like you to come back and try us again Please call on me I will upgrade you to a suite for coming back to see us and see the Difference in service.

see you soon

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Overall the property has potential. They are soon to start re-branding the rooms to meet the new Holiday Inn upgrades, there are pictures of what the rooms will look like when they are done in the lobby.

This property is in a business district and there are no restaurants or stores around if you are looking for lunch or dinner and you have no car. You can call for food delivery but the local places all add an up charge for delivery to this site.

The room I stayed in was dated but very clean. The television remote worked ok, there is no refrigerator ormicrowave in the room.

If you eat the complimentary breakfast go for the orange juice and the cinmamo buns, I would not recomment the eggs or the sausage.

Front desk and staff are very nice and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near any stairways. The doors open and slam closed during the night
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike M
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for staying we us, Yes we are on the change with a newer Holiday Inn Express brand hotel. Please stop by the desk on your next stay and we can help you Have a great night out. We have 6 great restaurants in the 5 miles of the hotel that our hotel shuttle will take you to up to 9:00 pm monday to friday. The ram, Cooper hawk, Benihana, Bob chinns crab house , Fleming steakhouse and J Alexanders one of the best steak house's in the midwest, Sorry you missed these this time, All of our Suites have microwaves and frig. Please call on me on your next vist and i will upgrade you to a suite at no charge.

General manager

Reviewed 6 February 2013

My room was remodeled except for the bathroom. I think this might still be a work in progress. Front Desk, House Keeping and Maintenance people were all very friendly and service oriented. Once full remodeling is done Hotel will be terrific. The GM Stephen Lowe gets out and meets his guests, shows he cares and reaches out. Very nice experience.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank John K
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and the great review.I will pass your thoughts on to our decated staff. We belive that Guest Service is a way of life not just a job.....Ours is a team of not just ONE it takes everybody But starts with YOU...

Stephen Lowe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverwoods
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire

Address: 2600 Lake Cook Rd, Riverwoods, IL 60015-3852 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson)
Region: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Riverwoods
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
Price Range: £75 - £142 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire 2.5*
Our choice location is next to Deerfield, IL and is within close proximity to the beautiful city of Chicago and our major airport, O’Hare. Conveniently located only 1.5 miles from I-294 and 3 miles from the Metra Train Station, our location provides our guests quick access to the area's best attractions and businesses and allows you to be able to move in and out of the city with ease. To keep your workday moving efficiently, we provide a 24-hour business center with free Wi-Fi access, copy and print services, several personal computers and shipping supplies. If it is meeting or hospitality space you need, our Riverwoods Room can accommodate up to 50 guests and is perfect for meetings, seminars, trainings, corporate events, or banquets. It features complimentary coffee service and our sales team can help you with all your catering needs as well. Our serene and hospitable location is within driving distance of great area attractions which include Six Flags Great America, the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Great Lakes Naval Museum and Station, Rivers Casino, Allstate Arena, Viper Alley and much more. For the sports enthusiast take time to catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, a White Sox game at Cellular Field, a Bears game at Soldier Field, a Wildcats game at Northwestern, or a Bulls or Blackhawks game at the United Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire Hotel Riverwoods
Holiday Inn Express Riverwoods