“Great Chicago location, comfortable hotel, fabulous service!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Great Chicago location, comfortable hotel, fabulous service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were wonderfully surprised during our recent weekend stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Riverwoods IL. Close to both O'Hare Airport, Chicago sites, and Lake Michigan Beach. The property was quiet,with comfortable rooms great beds, genuinely friendly service, and a delicious breakfast that stands apart from the usual free breakfast buffet fare in that if offered fresh eggs, fresh fruit, pancakes, yogurt, and great coffee. We highly recommend for anyone who wants to take in Chicago but escape from the city congestion, choose the Holiday Inn Express in Riverwoods!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara A
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us. The great response you have posted and sharing your visit with the world will help our staff improve our service and that's hospitality 1st step taking care of the guest. I will post this for our staff to see. We appreciate your business Stop by the desk on your next visit We would love the chance to say thank YOU....

Stephen Lowe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel is a very good HI Express and Suites. I was upgraded to a suite which was a nice layout and had a very functional work area. The internet was excellent. The room was clean. The rooms do have the old style floor ac units that were a little noisy. Everything seemed clean. There was a small refrigerator in the room which was a nice convenience for a few days stay. The breakfast was standard HI Express. I had an early flight from Ohare and Mike at the front desk offered a cup of coffee to go which was a nice gesture.
There are no restaurants that are an easy walk - so you will have to drive to dinner.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel. Your response are very important to us We are always after the perfect stay. I'm glad you like the new remodeling of our property. Next time your are here with us Please use the free shuttle van it will take you any were in a 5 mile radius. Monday to Friday 7am to 9pm
Thank you so much please stop by the desk we would like to say thank You

Oak Ridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

After driving eight hours, arriving here was heavenly. The front desk staff greeted us with bottled water and Rice Krispy treats, and were warm and welcoming. Spacious room / bathroom, extremely clean, quiet halls, and a wonderful breakfast in the morning that included eggs, sausage, biscuits, muffins, pancakes, yogurt, and just about anything else you'd want. This is a great base if you want to visit Ravinia or the Chicago Botanic Gardens, which are both a ten-minute drive. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth G
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for the great response. We will share will all the staff
Yes we also think that breakfast is the most important start of the day and it don't hurt if it taste GREAT. Cant wait to have you stay with us again.

Wheeling, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

With forest trails on one side and a prominent corporate office on the other side, an extended stay at holiday inn is an opportunity to balance the hectic demands of work with a relaxed and peaceful personal time. The hotel is walkable from my place of work and I stayed there for an extended period of more than a month...With pleasant interiors, clean and tidy rooms, excellent hospitality and a decent breakfast spread, the hotel is ideal for business travellers....The shuttle service is certainly a boon for first time travellers....Above all, the best part of the package--friendly and hospitable staff, who are ever welcoming and always smiling...Their attitude gives a feel-at-home atmosphere and my special thanks to Yegor (whose happy smile, lights up the front desk), Roy and Louis (for the shuttle rides) and the housekeeping staff who were really helpful and supportive. All in all, an excellent option to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for the great response.
It was all our pleasure to have you stay with us. I will pass on to the staff the your commits they will love to see it hope to see you again soon

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

For some reason, when I travel for business (which is 90% of my travel) I always seem to have "out of the ordinary" needs or issues that makes the front desk's tasks a little more difficult. Both Yegor and Nicole were accommodating, pleasant, professional, and just plain AWESOME while they worked with me to make sure that everything went smoothly. Once my check-in was complete, the housekeeping staff in the hallways all greeted me with genuine smiles as I headed to my room. By the time I got to my room, I truly felt welcomed. My room was clean and had everything I needed to make my stay enjoyable. Although they were still going through their remodel, my room was updated, clean, and had everything I needed to make my stay enjoyable. The bed and pillows were so comfortable and I enjoyed a good night's sleep! While there were restaurants and shopping areas within walking distance, there were NO sidewalks. However, their shuttle was available and I did not go hungry! YAY! I seem to have one consistent issue with all the Holiday Inns I've stayed at, which is that they don't have the BRAVO channel. What gives? I would definitely stay here again! Wonderful service and friendly faces!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I will post this for the staff to see they love to see there names in lights.
We cant wait to see you again and welcome to the HI Express family ( we take care of our family who stay with us)

Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Riverwoods last night. It is extremely close to my work and I've stayed here a couple of times before. Each time it has been under construction of some kind or somehow otherwise "broken". Last night was no exception. I got in pretty late and the man at the desk was nice. Got to my room, unpacked my stuff and went to change for bed. That's when I noticed the HUGE bathroom mirror was on the floor of the bathroom, completely blocking the toilet paper, etc. I was too tired to complain so I just worked around it. When I brought it to their attention this morning at check out, all they said was "Did you receive your bill? Thanks for staying with us." No " I'm sorry your room wasn't finished or anything." I think I'm going to give up on this hotel and stay elsewhere since this happens every time I stay there. Disappointing!

• Stayed July 2013
Please accept my apologies for the mirror being off the wall.. As you can tell by other response's its not the way we do things around here. I'm sorry this happen to you the contractors went back into the room to repair and did not complete this
Please contact me I would like to speak to you and see how we can make it better

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff is very friendly, they greeted us with a smile when we arrived and wanted to make sure our stay was pleasant. Free breakfast for a family of 5 makes it definitely worth the money. Room was clean andrecently renovated. Safe location. Close to the freeway, restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed July 2013
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you So much for the great response ,It comes easy to be friendly,
Its the core of hospitality We hope to see you again soon Stop by the desk so we can shake you hands and say THANK YOU

Stephen Lowe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverwoods
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Address: 2600 Lake Cook Rd, Riverwoods, IL 60015-3852 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson)
Region: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Riverwoods
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire 2.5*
Our choice location is next to Deerfield, IL and is within close proximity to the beautiful city of Chicago and our major airport, O’Hare. Conveniently located only 1.5 miles from I-294 and 3 miles from the Metra Train Station, our location provides our guests quick access to the area's best attractions and businesses and allows you to be able to move in and out of the city with ease. To keep your workday moving efficiently, we provide a 24-hour business center with free Wi-Fi access, copy and print services, several personal computers and shipping supplies. If it is meeting or hospitality space you need, our Riverwoods Room can accommodate up to 50 guests and is perfect for meetings, seminars, trainings, corporate events, or banquets. It features complimentary coffee service and our sales team can help you with all your catering needs as well. Our serene and hospitable location is within driving distance of great area attractions which include Six Flags Great America, the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Great Lakes Naval Museum and Station, Rivers Casino, Allstate Arena, Viper Alley and much more. For the sports enthusiast take time to catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, a White Sox game at Cellular Field, a Bears game at Soldier Field, a Wildcats game at Northwestern, or a Bulls or Blackhawks game at the United Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire Hotel Riverwoods
Holiday Inn Express Riverwoods