Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed with our grand daughters after a day at Santas Village. Check in was short and sweet. (Just baked chocolate chip cookies!) The room was clean and the hotel was in order. The pool area was nice and the kids enjoyed swimming. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good also. Just a nice weekend stay with no surprises!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelbugIowa
Cathy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you travelbugIowa for your review. We all know what a hassle it could be to check in after a long drive so we try and make ours short and sweet. Next time your in the area, stop in and make sure to grab a fresh hot cookie! See you soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I would like to express my great appreciation for the excellent customer service that Michael provided going above and beyond to help me find another hotel and sending a taxi to pick me up and take me there after getting stranded at the Chicago Ohare Airport.

I had checked out of the hotel on my last day of Business travel. My flight was scheduled to leave the airport that afternoon. After several delays and finally a flight cancellation I then proceeded to change my travel plans to depart the following day. The airline tried to set me up with a Hotel and Taxi voucher. These arrangements fell through and I was stranded at the airport. I called Holiday Inn Express & Suites Deerfield/Lincolnshire to see if by chance they had an available room as most all other Hotels were booked. After checking, Michael, advised me they to were sold out and asked me to hold. When Michael came back on the line he said he had found an available room for me at another nearby hotel. He provided me the phone number and advised me to call right away to reserve the room. Not only did I get one of the last rooms at another hotel, Michael arranged for a taxi to pick me up at the airport and take me to the hotel.

I just wanted to thank Michael for going above and beyond to help me find a safe place to stay for the night and a ride there. Truly Awesome Customer Service. Thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Cathy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for such a great review. Michael was pleased to see how much his assistance was of such help to you. We always do what we can to help and serve our guests or future guests that will be staying with IHG properties. Hopefully next time your in the area you can get the chance to stay at our property as we would love to have you here. We hope to see you soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Let me first say, very nice staff, very nice breakfast, only 20 minute drive from O'Hare, nice rooms, free wifi and free parking. BUT - this hotel is under renovation. I think when it is complete it will deserve a higher rating but until then, be aware. I was put in a room that had construction going on directly above me until almost 6p and then construction started right outside my window at 7:30a. Kudos to the staff for being very responsive to my feedback BUT, I felt there should have been more obvious notice at the time of booking that there was construction going on. Bottom line, don't let this deter to you from what would otherwise by a nice hotel and a nice stay but BE SURE to request a room as far from the active renovations as they can accommodate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ga8tr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Ga8tr,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast and our staff.

However, we’re sorry about the inconvenience brought to you by the renovation. We will look into this concern. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I thought I had just booked a room but this was a lovely two room suite! There was a flat screen HD TV in both the living area & bedroom, even two closet areas. The cupboard kitchen unit had a bar sink, microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker. They offer free WiFi & free hot breakfast in the morning. Everything was clean & fresh & the king size bed very comfortable. And, I didn't need a footstool to get into it. All at a very reasonable price, a bargain for the Chicago area. Breakfast had lots of selections including omelets, bacon, warm biscuits w/sausage gravy, It was Sunday so don't know what they might serve during the week.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoveMinis
Cathy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you LoveMinis for such a wonderful review! I'm so excited to hear how much you loved the guest room suite, the breakfast choices in the morning and the free wifi thoughout our hotel! Our staff will be proud to see what a great job they are doing as a team to make every one of our guests happy and stays memorable. I will post this for all of them to see, hopefully your in the area again and we see you soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel staff was super friendly and eager to assist me and my fiance. The room was well put together and the hotel it self was what I wanted, quiet and peaceful. I did not however like that the whirlpool did not work. I was majorly bummed. I was afraid to ask someone to fix it because me and my fiance didn't want to leave the room much so it would have further more messed with our trip. Also a few of the TV channels didn't work. I choose this hotel because it had a whirlpool, and was in close proximity to great places to eat in the Buffalo Grove and Wheeling areas. However, the whirlpool not working in our room bummed me out. I did hear the whirlpool going in other rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure to choose a room away from the middle of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t_frank_w
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Well decorated, very comfortable, very clean & a good price. Every staffer I was in contact with were very courteous & helpful. I didn't get the name of the night desk man who was very helpful with our complicated check in for 3 rooms, but I did get Giovanni's name the next day - also very helpful. I recomend this hotel & would stay there again. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank S C
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for the great response but it's great guest like you that make it so wonderful to do our job we love so much . I will pass on to the staff your comments Thank you for staying with us please stop by the desk on your next stay I would like to shake your hand and share a cup of coffee

See you again soon

Reviewed 10 November 2013

There are several higher-end hotels in the area and the Holiday Inn Express meets or exceeds them for my needs as a business traveler. I was in a suite in order to have a microwave and mini refrigerator, so the room was spacious. The staff is generally professional and the manager is going out of his way to be welcoming. The only downside for me is the lack of restaurants within walking distance or more options for ordering in (there's a buffet breakfast but no other food service). If you have more energy that I do to go out for dinner, the hotel will shuttle you around the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank skwood
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us ..Wow what a great response its great guest like you that make it EZ to do the job we love.. Please stop by and see us at the desk on your next stay I would love to have a cup of our great coffee and shake your hand We will post this for our team they love to see that hard work PAYS OFF

Stephen Lowe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverwoods
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire

Address: 2600 Lake Cook Rd, Riverwoods, IL 60015-3852 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson)
Region: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Riverwoods
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
Price Range: £74 - £142 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire 2.5*
Our choice location is next to Deerfield, IL and is within close proximity to the beautiful city of Chicago and our major airport, O’Hare. Conveniently located only 1.5 miles from I-294 and 3 miles from the Metra Train Station, our location provides our guests quick access to the area's best attractions and businesses and allows you to be able to move in and out of the city with ease. To keep your workday moving efficiently, we provide a 24-hour business center with free Wi-Fi access, copy and print services, several personal computers and shipping supplies. If it is meeting or hospitality space you need, our Riverwoods Room can accommodate up to 50 guests and is perfect for meetings, seminars, trainings, corporate events, or banquets. It features complimentary coffee service and our sales team can help you with all your catering needs as well. Our serene and hospitable location is within driving distance of great area attractions which include Six Flags Great America, the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Great Lakes Naval Museum and Station, Rivers Casino, Allstate Arena, Viper Alley and much more. For the sports enthusiast take time to catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, a White Sox game at Cellular Field, a Bears game at Soldier Field, a Wildcats game at Northwestern, or a Bulls or Blackhawks game at the United Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire Hotel Riverwoods
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire