Super 8 Rock Falls Sterling Area
US$75
US$72
US$133
US$119
All Seasons Motel(Rock Falls)
US$83
Priceline
US$85
US$77
QualityInn
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewswafflesan older propertyevery weekrooms are cleandeskreceipttruck
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We recently made online reservations through a booking site and searched for 3 rooms for 2 nights with 2 adults in each room. Super 8 came up for 55.00 a night. Mind you this was for a work crew who had previously went to the hotel and were told it would be 80.00 a night. So we completed the online reservation and paid in full. When the crew went to check in they were told it would be 20.00 more per night/per room because there was more than one person per room. huh? Those rates we paid were for 1 person in a room. I have never heard of this in my life. We have crews that work all around the state of Illinois and we spend thousands a year on hotels. Super 8 will never be on our list of places to stay from this point on. Not to mention the crew stated the place had foul odors and was not very clean at all. Stay Away!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2012

pleasant and accomodating staff; conveniently located; clean and safe rooms; excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was very pleased with the facility, management and staff in all areas. In my mind, the "question" is how one communicates, if you are thorough with your circumstances, what competitors may be offering, and what "makes sense" in logical terms.

I found the owner very reasonable and communicative, as were his manager and other desk (night) clerks. The maid service was very good and attended to any "special needs" (which were few).

I am happy to recommend the Super 8 in Rock Falls. They are "people" who care and perhaps this was because I took the time to express interest in them. This was obviously because I was in an "extended stay" arrangement with plans to move into the area (now successfully taken completed), though the "approach" is always a sound one. To use an Accounting/Financial term regarding the approach of strong considerate communication ... always ... "without exception". Thanks to the Super 8 Rock Falls, Owner/Operator Manager and staff. You have been a "key player" on my relocation team and I always appreciate strong, collaborative "team play" in any project. Well done!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I stayed at the Super 8 for 2 nights for my cousin's wedding. From the pictures it seemed to be decent. Unfortunately I was very mistaken. For starters, we had asked before check-in if we were able to have dogs. The desk person said yes there's a $30 fee. Typical of pet fees, was not surprised. When we checked in we had booked a non-smoking room, they however failed to mention to us that pets were only allowed in smoking rooms. I was not pleased right off the bat. We walked to the room (132) and very unpleasant smells were in the hallway (smelled strongly of ammonia, almost thought it was urine for a while). We walked into the room and a look of horror came upon us. The curtains were almost falling down, the chair was stained all over. The desk chair had tape around the legs and supports (refused to sit in it for fear it would collapse on me). The lampshades had stains all over them. The bathtub had hair in it. The sheets had long black hair on them. When we went to the desk to ask for another room, they were unable to change rooms because the hotel was "booked." It doesn't surprise me, when walking through the hallway we saw at least 5 or 6 off market rooms that were piled from floor to celling with crap. We would have stayed at another hotel but the other 2 were sold out as well. I don't want to come across as just some random person complaining about a hotel and not getting exactly what we wanted. That wasn't the case at all. I've worked as a hotel night auditor for almost 10 years. Have stayed in may good AND bad hotels. But this one really takes the cake as one of the worst ones. Please, save your money and stay elsewhere... Super8's have been very pleasant for the most part. Affordable and clean, I'm not picky by any means. But this is just another example of a crappy foreign run hotel...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank jlyjoe
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Hotel was great, I recommend it. However, if you book through Hotwire.com, beware the fine print.
Family and I were sick the week we were supposed to show up, and we recovered without visiting a Doctor. Hotwire, in it's contract with the Hotel, WILL NOT REFUND a no show due to sickness as described above. BUYER BEWARE the fine print. I am out around $100 due to the above.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family