“Very nice..”

Days Inn - Rock Falls
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rock Falls
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My stay was excellent and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and quiet and thats a big plus!! Whatever I needed the staff was there to help in anyway. I had the breakfast in the restaurant which was also good. I really dont have any complaints about my stay except for the circumstances on why I was there, (funeral), all in all i was pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tami R, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for your praises of our hotel and our awesome TEAM! We value the opinions of our guest and do hope to serve you again (under better circumstances).

There are newer reviews for Days Inn - Rock Falls

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is an older hotel. I know it has gone through some name changes. The staff was very friend & will to help in any way. Our room was clean. The restaurant attached was very good also. the staff in there was also very friendly. The only thing that we didn't care for was we could hear the noise in the hallway. The noise wasn't till morning when we were up & other guest were leaving. Could be an inconvenience if there was a party there at night.

• Stayed: August 2013
Tami R, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us. Our team works very hard to ensure all of our valuable guest enjoy their visit. Please allow us the privilege of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We just left this hotel this morning (August 1, 2013) and were not impresssed at all. We travel extensively and for the $70/night that they charged us it is not justified. We should have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites across the road for $118/night. The minute we entered the room it smelled very musty and like moth balls. It was very humid in the room and we wondered why to only find out later the carpet was wet.. We could not walk on the carpet without wearing shoes and it was full of sand. We didn't realize this until it was time to go to bed last night, and by that time we didn't want to change rooms. The sheets on the bed were even damp due to the extreme humidity in the room. My husband went to the front desk this morning to let them know and the most they would discount the room was 10%....we should of had a 1/2 price room or free, as the maintenance man even acknowledged there might be water problems in Room 135 and 137. We even saw a woodchuck outside our window last night when we first arrived. I guess we should have learned our lesson many years ago when we stayed at a horrible Days Inn but we thought we would try it. The only highlight of this overnight stay was the restaurant that was attached, which served very good food.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor.....there is probably a reason why the front desk clerk asked if we w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Tami R, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Positive and negative feedback are equally important to us. I assure you your comments are being addressed and resolved. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The Days Inn in Rock Falls is by no means a modern hotel, but the price was appropriate for the level of amenities of this hotel. The best surprise of the stay? The prepared to order breakfast from the adjacent restaurant...yummy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our delicious complimentary cook to order breakfast. We are looking forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This hotel is a great value! Normally I stay at higher priced chains. In the Rock Falls area there are not a lot of options, I normally stay at Country Inn and Suites. We had a short notice visit to the area for a funeral. The Country Inn and Suites was $220/night. We decided to call the Days Inn. They offered a funeral rate that was $58/night. The room was clean. It had everything we needed ... Microwave, fridge, etc. My only complaint is that the wireless signal did not make it to our room. We were on the far side of the building. I was extremely surprised at how happy I was there.

Room Tip: If you need Internet in our room, ask for a room by the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your great review about your most recent stay with us, although I was sorry to read the reason for the trip. We are getting a lot of people who are amazed by our value and quality versus our higher priced competitors. I was surprised to hear you had and issue with our internet. We have multiple access points in the building to give a solid connection regardless of room location. We have gone and reset these due to your comments and tested via a wireless device to ensure proper connection and speed, so thank you for letting us know. We hope you visit us on your next trip and on happier terms. We also have more updates and renovations still on the way, so as good as we are now we will be that much better soon.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Really, for the price, the room was ok. Once we killed the bugs on the floor.
In looking for a plug for our many devices, we followed the table lamp to a plug and found several years worth of dirt.
The bathroom was clean, with the added advantage that you didn’t have to wash your feet since the tub didn’t really drain well.
We couldn’t hook any of our six devices to the internet – the signal was too weak to reach the rooms. It was strong enough in the lobby.
Breakfast was fine as long as you liked bread, bread, bread, cereal (more bread, really) muffins, and red delicious apples- and did I mention bread? Would have been nice to have working toaster too. One good note: they had paper plates, although Styrofoam everywhere else- really folks, you can’t put a sign in the bathroom saying you want to save the environment by not washing a towel, and then use six different kinds of Styrofoam at breakfast.
Please add a desk clerk- of the 5 questions we asked at the desk, there was never a time when she was not on the phone booking a new client! If you are that busy, add an employee.
This hotel just recently changed to a Days Inn- their internet still said Holiday Inn and the hotel Stationery said Rock Falls Inn, both of which they had been in the past. Let’s hope they get their act together by next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am very sorry you found any pests in your room. We have a monthly preventative pest control plan in place and you should never experience this issue. And if ever find anything not 100% in your room, let our courteous and prompt staff know right away and we we will get it fixed right away. I am sorry you felt the breakfast was bread heavy, we offer the required items by the Wyndham chain, but will share your comments with them as well. We are in process of updating our internet signals, and we have not seen any previous stationary in the rooms but rest assured if anywhere says Rock Falls Hotel it will be removed. Thank you again, we are excited about all our new changes and upgrades (new beds, new flat screen TV's, updated room linen package) With more to come, if you found it a great value now, just wait until we are 100% finished.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

First, the positives about this hotel: pool was warm and decent size. Nice sun deck. Beds were comfortable. A/C worked well (although it was rather loud). Nice bar and grill with great food and generous portions. Liked the flat screen TV in the room. Rooms were spacious with microwave and refrigerator. I loved the location that is adjacent to the Hennepin Feeder Canal. Housekeeping was very accommodating; they cleaned my room once I took off for the day, and they didn't bother me when I was still there.

The negatives... the tub drained very, very slowly and had stains in the tub. The continental breakfast consisted of frozen bread and bagels to toast, one or two different cereals (depended if it was restocked), and pastries. There were stains on the carpeting in the room. There were no automatic doors, and the fitness room was dirty. When I inquired about the Wyndham Rewards at the front desk one evening, the associate on duty acted like I was bothering him and didn't really give a direct answer. I ended up telling him I would figure it out on-line. The internet at the business center was very, very slow.

Overall, this place served its purpose for me, and it was a great value.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you felt we offered a good value and hope to see you again. We will look into the slow drain issue you mentioned, as well as retrain our staff on the Wyndham Rewards, and make certain you never feel like you have bothered any of our staff, you are what we are here for. The breakfast does include the items you mentioned (however not frozen, we offer fresh breads, bagels, cereal, danishes and muffins along with various spreads and of course juice and coffee. If anything was put out frozen we will get this addressed so does not happen again). The rooms are still getting additional updates in the coming months since our change to Days Inn, and hope next time to achieve a 5 star rating. It is thanks to guests like you who let us know not just what was good but what needs work that we can get things corrected and improving our property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fulton
White Pines Inn
White Pines Inn
#1 of 1 in Mount Morris

Been to Days Inn - Rock Falls? Share your experiences!