“Best BBQ in the Midwest”
Review of Jim's Rib Haven

Jim's Rib Haven
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in Rock Island
Cuisines: Barbecue
St. Augustine FL
“Best BBQ in the Midwest”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

If you are looking for something fancy, don't go here. But if you are looking for the best ribs in the area this is the place.

Stopped in this week for lunch with a friend and man did we eat.

We both ordered the Bony Box Ribs with a side of fries.

The ribs were tender and huge (the sauce is excellent), the fries are fresh cut and tasty.

If you go you better be hungry. I was only able to eat half of my lunch, but leftovers are always good.

Cost for two at lunch $38.00, a bit high, but good.

• Visited March 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Sauce”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stopped by after reading the reviews from Tripadvisor. I am not a big fan of ribs and tried the pulled pork. The sauce was delicious and Jim's gives you good value for your money with sides.

• Visited February 2013
Davenport, Iowa, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was my favorite rib joint”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Went to jims last night to pick up a slab of ribs for my birthday dinner with friends, when it was time to eat I opened up the box and the ribs were over cooked, dry, burnt crust and no sauce on the ribs or in the box to spoon over the ribs to try and moisten them up. I was very disappointed as this has been my favorite rib joint for 25 years.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ericka W
Rock Island, Illinois, United States
“family favorite”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The best ribs in town, You drive by downtown rock island and your mouth waters with the smell. Though it's slightly overpriced, at least the last time I was there.

2 Thank JessicaFord85
rock island
“tough ribs, way over priced $67 to feed my family”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

average price of sandwich at lunch is $12, dinners gonna cost you $25, jim knew how to serve us, son jimmie gonna run it under

Visited November 2011
2 Thank joe l

Been to Jim's Rib Haven? Share your experiences!