“Great authentic ribs”

Jim's Rib Haven
Ranked #13 of 89 Restaurants in Rock Island
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is the place to go if you are in Quad-Cities area and are looking for ribs. The place is small, not fancy at all and does't serve alcohol. But the ribs explain the fame of this restaurant in the region. Certainly worth the visit for the food.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

No atmosphere here, just great food and smells. They offer different plate combinations and there are Pork or Beef Ribs. Solid sides.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

One of those little joints that only the locals know and it's busy so you know it's good. Try the spicey sauce it is very good and full of flavor. You can byob.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Being from Kansas City, my wife and I have access to a wide variety of top-notch BBQ joints. However, none compare to the flavor of the babyback ribs at Jim's. I can't comment on the rest of the menu since I've only had the ribs (why would your order anything else???).

I grew up in the Quad Cities and Jim's ribs is what I wanted for my birthday dinner each year. Now we come back to the Quad Cities once a year and take a slab or two back to Kansas City in a cooler. Never disappoints. The sauce (I get the hot) is thicker and has a taste I haven't found anywhere else. The ribs are not the silly fall off the bone type. Eating ribs at Jim's is a full contact sport.

As others have noted this is a true "joint" (where you find the best BBQ even in KC) in a rougher part of town, but never had any problems. When you come here, it's all about the ribs and they are fantastic.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Jim's Rib Haven is by FAR the best BBQ that has ever touched my lips. I highly recommend the 'Boney Box' The first 3-4 ribs of the end of the slab. They get the most smoke and the most flavor. Don't expect greasy 'fall off the bone' ribs. This is by far better than that. I've eaten at Jim's since I lived in the Quad-Cities back in the 70's. It's a very rare treat for me now because I moved but I try to get people passing thru that area to bring me 10-20 Boney Boxes bace to me and I freeze them. Seriously. The best BBQ I've ever eaten!