“Awesome accomodations”

Jumers Casino Hotel
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Property is A+. Rooms are big, clean, modern and extremely nice. These rooms are nicer then most rooms I have stayed in Las Vegas. I do not have a negative thing to say about anything on this property.
The buffet was good, not massive but everything you need and the food was very good.
The casino is very modern but small, however it has everything you need, poker, slots, roulette, blackjack, craps, etc.

1  Thank bsdunbar1
Erin V, Manager at Jumers Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay at Jumer's! We are so glad you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you back soon! Thanks!!

There are newer reviews for Jumers Casino Hotel

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is my favorite casino is our area. It is the most modern in the area and is the only one that doesn't reek of stale cigarette smoke. The machines tend to be a little tight, which isn't really any different than any other casino in the area. I haven't stayed at the hotel portion, but I've heard the rooms are nice from friends that stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank katwater86

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your recent visit to Jumer's! We are proud to be smoke free and are happy to hear that you greatly enjoy that amenity. I hope you are able to stay in our hotel sometime soon! It is a great way to catch up on some R & R!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have stayed here several times but I felt compelled to write a review after our last experience. The rooms are large, clean and modern. They offered us non-down pillows upon request, which I really appreciated. The only thing I wasn't happy with in the room is the mattress. It is hard as a rock. My husband and I both woke up with stiff necks and sore backs.

I also think the new buffet is worth mentioning. We noticed a major improvement since the last time we visited. The only downside was in the new gelato bar they offer a "sorbeto" which tastes suspiciously identical to raspberry crystal light powder. Nasty. And I didn't like having to ask someone to scoop the gelato for me. If you go back for seconds it makes you feel like the fattest person alive. Otherwise, everything was pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay at Jumer's. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I am glad to here you had an enjoyable stay and wanted to let you know that we have recently transitioned five of our rooms into PURE rooms, which turns the room into a hypo-allergenic space. You mentioned needed down-free pillows, so a PURE room may be a great option for you. You can check them out on our website - jumerscasinohotel.com or at pureroom.com.

Thanks also for your nice comments about the buffet. Our Food and Beverage team is working hard to offer a gourmet buffet!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. The price has gone up too much for what you get. Rooms are not quiet, beds are uncomfortable, pillows are hard as a rock, no mattress pad, sheets and towels are like sand paper and only 2 towels per person. The one thing that really shocked us, no comforter or bedspread. We had to call front desk to request comforter and an extra towel. They no longer provide comforters but will bring you one if you request, strange. As for no mattress pad, they cover the mattress with a terrycloth waterproof cover, which moves around all night and is noisy. The only positive is it was clean and the employees were nice and helpful.

Room Tip: don't pay for a lakeside room, no quieter then the parking lot facing rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Jumer's. I truly appreciate your time and look forward to using our guest's reviews as a tool to continue improving. I am glad to hear that the cleanliness of the property and the friendliness of the staff met your expectations; however, I truly apologize for your unsatisfactory stay in the hotel. Your comments are definitely being reviewed and we hope you can enjoy a much better experience on your next visit. Thanks you!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Room - We stayed here for one night in mid February. Our hotel room was very nice with a huge king bed and the biggest bathroom we have ever had in a hotel. Everything is very modern and clean. We enjoyed the hotel room very much.

Casino - We went to the casino and did well, came out about $150 ahead after just an hour. The casino was great - very nice with the usual slots and games, but what we enjoyed most was that there was no smoking allowed anywhere as far as we could tell. There was a free soda and coffee station where you could fix your own drinks. However....we were there about an hour and never were asked by a server about drinks, nor was there a self-ordering section on the machine as there are in some casinos. We did not even see a server, so we were not even sure if they have bar service, how to get a drink, etc? Do you have to go to the bar and get it yourself? The next morning, at about 8 a.m., after checking out of our room, we decided to go back to the casino and try our luck a bit more, and what do you know - a 8 a.m. we see cocktail servers walking around! So I don't know if we were just overlooked the night before or what...very odd, as my husband and were playing in different areas of the casino and neither of us were offered a drink.

Buffet - Would give it a pretty good rating. There was a huge selection of food and the price was reasonable enough and included a soft drink. Only one issue - we were there on a Wednesday night and one of the meat selections is prime rib. I don't eat steak at all, but I know what prime rib looks like. They had run out of it at the carving station when my husband went to get some and he didn't want to wait. I went back for more food and decided to wait and get some prime rib for him. There were about 6 or 7 other people waiting and they said they had been told it would be just a few more minutes. Soon, a person came out with a wrinkled, leathery piece of meat - possibly the worst looking, dried up piece of meat I have ever seen...and it definitely was not prime rib. One person even said what is that? and the worker (who appeared foreign and possibly not speaking English well) said 'prime rib'. Several other people said 'that's not prime rib'...the worker just repeated 'prime rib'. Not one single person took any of that meat. Not only was it not prime rib, whatever it was looked very dried up. A while later my husband and I were leaving and passed the carving station, and lo and behold, a different worker was there cutting off slices of prime rib! I'm not sure what had happened, but that first piece of meat looked like it should be thrown in the garbage.

Overall though, we enjoyed our stay at Jumers and would definitely go back again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jlr51

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at Jumer's! I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the lack of drink service you encountered on the casino floor and for the product quality in the buffet. We strive to provide the best possible experience for our guests so I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Food and Beverage team.

I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel room and hope you are able to visit us again soon! Thanks!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

clean, new, nice, not bad price, good food, nice casino (funny that at 41 they card me to get in the 21 and over casino) Did I mention the buffet is really nice, really good food and their pool and hot tub is nice too

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
TravisH159, Manager at Jumers Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to complete a review. Sounds like you had a relaxing trip between the buffet and the hot tub. We look forward to seeing you again...thanks!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Their marketing is right on. The property is fantastic and reminds me of Vegas. The hotel rooms are spacious, clean and decorated modern and upscale. Their restaurant and buffet have great selections and the food tastes great. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
TravisH159, Manager at Jumers Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

We love to see that headline- "Vegas Without the Flight"! Thanks for the raving review of the property--we're so glad we were able to give you a little taste of Vegas in Rock Island, IL. If you weren't here on a weekend, make sure you check out a Fri/Sat night as we have real-life showgirls walking the casino floor. Now that's Vegas! We hope to see you again soon. Thanks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Island
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection

Been to Jumers Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!