“Flashy Style but Lousy Service”

Jumers Casino Hotel
davenport, ia
“Flashy Style but Lousy Service”
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Made my first trip to the new Jumer's casino last weekend with guests from out of town. When I walked in the door, I was impressed. When I left, all I wanted to do was complain. There were a sparsity of staff members and those that could be found had absolutely no skill or desire to be polite.

First walked around the Casino to check things out and looking for a bar. Saw a sign about a reduced price buffet with a Casino card. Passed the service desk but the line was horrendously long so no chance to find out how one obtained a club card. Finally, found the bar in the center of the casino but with a blank wall behind it, so you can only see it from one side of the bar. Despite few patrons, it took forever to get noticed by the bartender and she was very grumpy.

Finally got the drinks and found a slot machine. After about 5 or 6 plays the machine malfunctions and a light started flashing on the top. At every other casino, I have ever been to someone shows up immediately (mind you most of my gambling money was still inside this machine). Not at Jumers. I wandered around and finally found a little old lady going around with a bottle of windex wiping the fingerprints off the machines. Told her my problem. She snapped back that she would try to find someone but it would take a while.

So I finished my drink and headed back towards the bar while I waited. It seems I must have walked through the blackjack area because I could not continue walking as two fat ladies were sitting on the ends of the blackjack tables blocking my path. As I tried to figure out how to continue a security guard came up to me and started screaming at me that I was not allowed in the pit. As I could not continue forward I tried to go back where I came from but he held both arms out and blocked me in like a caged animal. Finally, I was able to squeeze between the two fat ladies and get out of the pit.

Of course the bartender was even ruder the second time. Got another drink. Waited more time to get my money back. Then left. I wanted to complain but I as I said there was a long line at the "service desk." I will never return to this establishment ever again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank bmwducatirider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Atkinson IL
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stayed here with our kids. The food is Outrageous the on cost. Kids can only eat at
the restaurants on the outside of casino area not at the casino buffet. The new construction is obviously Nice. The rooms are beautiful BUT If you are sensitive to nasty chemical smells like us, U might as well not stay there. We complained after trying to sleep and was told that was out of there control. Our kids became sick after midnight from the chemical smell of the new carpets and we drove home not long after. Everyone's nose was bleeding the next morning (Also the room was extremely dry with almost no humidity). We never stay there anymore. We only live 35 miles away but we took a mini vacation there so my husband and I could take turns going the casino. now we just drive up and play ever so often. I do have to say I love the casino it has great payouts and good rewards the Hotel staff and new construction sucks.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank chellshock
Chicago
Reviewed 17 December 2009

I reserved two rooms at Jumers for a Tuesday night. I called that same afternoon to confirm the reservation and was told everything was fine. When we arrived( six women) we were told they had overbooked the hotel and only had one room for us. They did offer to take us to the holiday inn in Rock Island but we wanted to go to the casino. That is why we booked this hotel! We were told we could have the one room but they could not give us a rollaway bed because it was against the fire code, however they would give us extra blankets and pillows if we wanted to sleep on the floor.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank elbell59
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 14 December 2009

My husband and I are already planning our return trip to Jumer's! There is not one bad thing to say about our overnight experience at this new casino/hotel. The front desk staff were super friendly and efficient. Our king guest room was spotlessly clean, and the bed linens and pillows were so soft and luxurious!! I LOVED the bathroom, which featured a huge tiled & frosted glass enclosed shower stall, complete with coconut-lime verbena bath essentials: shampoo, conditioner, soaps and lotion! I was in heaven! The Lakeside Cafe was a wonderful choice for breakfast and lunch, and we REALLY ate our $9.99 money's worth off of the Friday night surf and turf buffet. The casino staff were nice, and the gaming options plentiful. We didn't really win any money, but the machines allowed us enough "winnings" to sit and play for a long time!! I so enjoyed this establishment, and can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoadTripper911
Quad cities
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Jumer's Casino Rock Island is great. The service was more than inspected. DJ's steakhouse has the best steaks in the quad cities, and the servers are fantastic. I would definitely go back. I had a wonderful visit and would recommend Jumer's to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GarrettConnors
West Bend, WI
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We stayed in a large king room (or two queens at the same price). Bed and linens were comfortable and chic. The bathroom featured a walk-in doorless shower with frosted glass sides that created the wall dividing the bath from the bedroom. Add some funky fixtures and a sleek vanity and you'd think you were a much more expensive hotel. We had two chairs, count them, one, two, which made watching television so much more comfortable.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maybepat1
Peoria, IL
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We're not gamblers but wanted to get away from home to celebrate my birthday.

We reserved a junior suite and the room was very large. The decor was tasteful and everything was new and clean. The bath area was huge, with a walk in shower and jacuzzi tub. Lots of glass. In fact the wall between the bath area and the bedroom area was a milky glass. For such a big bath, there could have been two sinks. There was a lot of wasted space, but we liked the overall effect. The view out of the window was of the small lake and fountain. The room was an overall VERY good value.

We used the spa (pedicure & massage) which was great but a little expensive for a place like Rock Island, IL. We also swam in the pool and enjoyed the jacuzzi. We were the only ones there. We ate at DJ's Steak House and had an excellent meal and the service was great. The only problem was with the accoustics (loud voices that carried). No one dresses up there and we even saw a gentelman with overalls and a golf shirt. Maybe typical for the area????

We explored a bit of the Quad Cities and hit the John Deere Pavillion (interesting) and had a great lunch sitting out on the deck at the Boat House restaurant in Davenport.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities

Been to Jumers Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!