“Good brews & food”

Ranked #11 of 89 Restaurants in Rock Island
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This large spacious establishment with some great micro brews to select. The menu offers some interesting items. Not a huge menu, but a fun selection for everyone. We started with the beef tip appetizer, which was nothing special and a little tough. My main course was the panko crusted grouper with jalapeno sauce. It was excellent. My friend had the catfish, which was good too. The micro brew - Hungarian Chili Ale was outstanding. Wish I could have had more. If you stop in, you will not be disappointed. Very causal.

1  Thank B W

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Blue Cat was mentioned by people in the Holiday Inn nearby. The beer is very good and the selection is what you would expect in a brewpub. I ordered the local sausage selection that comes with black beans and rice. There is also garlic bread. The meal comes with an awesome beer mustard. Some of the sausage is very spicy but very good. My wife had the soup and sandwich. Be careful as the beer is very strong.

1  Thank Michael V
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you are looking for a good microbrewery this is it. I took a group from work here this week for drinks and food.

The beer they have on tap is excellent and the pretzels are also a hit.

The food I would rate as average, but when you have a good beer......

For dinner I had the ribs, which were tender and tasted good. My wife had the sausage sampler, but was disappointed that the sausage all tasted the same. Maybe they ran out of the mix, but overall it was a nice evening.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Of course I love this place, specialty beers, servers who know what to help suggest by your taste, comfortable setting. It's like the best version of a put, you could sit with friends, family, co- works or strangers and be comfortable for any duration of time. Set not far off the Mississippi so you can take a nice walk along the river, and grab a bite & beverage to start your night

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Traveling on business in the quad cities area I visited the Blue Cat one day for lunch and another for dinner. Located on Rock Island just a block away from the Holiday Inn next to the Mississippi River, they offer a very inexpensive lunch menu with craft brewed beers. I had the soup and sandwich combo, a very good BLT with the soup of the day (cream of chicken). I enjoyed a "Blue Baltic Porter" with my lunch all for $10.63 without tip! I returned for dinner and enjoyed the Oatmeal Crusted Walleye with a "Off the Rail Pale Ale". A very generous portion well prepared. The staff were very welcoming and friendly.

1  Thank Jcstu